Godzilla Movie

Will Legendary continue Toho's most beloved tradition?

1111 Views10 Replies
Forum Topic

84GOJI4EVR

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-29-2014 9:32 PM

We all know big G is recognized mostly by multiple suit designs, with each design being based on the needs of the movie itself. Do y'all think Legendary and Gareth will change the design not just to follow tradition, but maybe to also fix some of our dislikes?

If so, what kind of changes do y'all think gareth and legendary will make?

10 Replies

Durp004

MemberBaragonOct-29-2014 9:58 PM

I hope they make some adjustments. What those are not sure, maybe slightly meaner features to make him look intimidating besides the much bigger stronger, and hopefully more aggressive monsters he'll be going up against. 

dinoboy22

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-29-2014 10:02 PM

some features will change but it will likely stay pretty much the same

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaOct-29-2014 10:11 PM

Yeah, I imagine some slight changes will be made to some small features for Godzilla. I remember the Enterprise from Star Trek and Optimus/Bumblebee from Transformers all recieved minor design retools. But at a glance you'd have no idea what those changes were. I can see something similar happening here.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

FordBrodyLover99

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-30-2014 1:28 AM

Oh god, i hope not. Godzilla shouldnt chance during the course of the series. He looks the way he does for a reason. Gareth and the designers made many different designs, and chose the one because they felt it was the best.

Daikaiju Danielle

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-30-2014 3:31 AM

We'll probably see a few scars here and there. I recall seeing one on Goji's left eye, actually. I don't think there will be very big changes.

"Daddy's home- cake every night,"

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusOct-30-2014 4:21 AM

If anything I want them to make the eyes a little bigger and make his spike a little larger and more jaged.

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusOct-30-2014 4:22 AM

^ when I say spike, I mean his back spikes. The edit post button still doesn't work.

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

Mech Rodan

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-30-2014 5:59 AM

If anything Godzilla will brobabaly be bigger, have a few scars, and/or possibly have his spines be different in shape dew to the beating he was giving. That radiation probably gave him some extra energy so he might grow some.

Jamaal

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-30-2014 1:01 PM

I would like to see more breadth for his atomic breath weapon.

Otherwise, nothing else really stands out. I hope he stays about the same size. It did seem that the MUTOs were giving him more than he could handle until they were distracted by developments at the nest. Maybe, he should be a bit more stronger.

I think I'll have to look at the film again. I did like his persona. It came across in a way that was very impressive. Without being overly humanized, Godzilla appeared to be a sentient creature, not just an animal. He had purpose and was not merely acting on instinct. Exposure to nuclear energy willl do that, I suppose.

Overall, I really like the design. It's about, more or less, what I wanted.

Daniel D.

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-25-2014 9:36 PM

I wouldn't change anything of the top of my head.  I really dig his design and his mannerisms.

I also like that he was getting his ass handed to him for a while in the end.  The MUTOs were tag teaming him, Godzilla traditionally doesn't handle tag-teams well on his own (Mothra larvae, Mechagodzilla & Titanosaurus, Battra and Mothra, Kiryu and Mothra larvae.)  One-on-one he has a much better chance, which is what ended up happening.  MUTOs split up, Godzilla wasted them both pretty handily.

So no, I wouldn't change Godzilla's design for the next two movies, even just for tradition's sake.  It would confuse regular audiences anyway.  What they DO have to do is hit the other designs out of the park, Mothra and King Ghidorah especially.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Monsterzero9
Monsterzero9 » Anguirus
77% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
72% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
BigGMonsterMan
BigGMonsterMan » Baragon
33% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums