Godzilla Movie

CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE JAPANESE DELUXE EDITION OF GODZILLA 2014!!!!

3355 Views26 Replies
Forum Topic

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonNov-02-2014 9:33 AM

Hey again, G-fans!

This is a rare second post in one day for me, but I HAD to share this!

Godzilla (2014)’s Deluxe Edition DVD/BD/3DBD set has been announced, and is up for pre-order on Amazon Japan! It looks to be much the same as the Region 1 set, but in MUCH MORE FREAKING EPIC PACKAGING!

But that’s not all…

Remember that Poster Color Version S.H.MonsterArts Godzilla 2014 that was revealed at the Tamashii Nation 2014 Expo a few days ago?! Well… IT COMES WITH THE BLOODY JAPANESE SET!!!!!!!! That’s right… collectors in Japan will get this extremely limited edition figure with the purchase of this set!

The set is limited to 8000 pieces, so… if ya want it, and have a way to get it, act fast!

Get it here.

Why do the Japanese get all the cool stuff… -_-

"Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science Fiction is the improbable made possible." -Rod Serling

The Godzilla Novelization Project: Follow Along Today!

26 Replies

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaNov-02-2014 9:59 AM

Hmm... I wonder if the special features will be any different, or if the dark picture quality will be lighter than the North American release. It should have the English audio version as well and Japanese Bluray are Region A just like North American-- So we'll have no issue playing it on ourBluray players... Interest has been strengthened here...

I'll pass on the Holy **** edition Toho has though. I'm not ditching out $140+ dollars for this movie.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonNov-02-2014 10:02 AM

Some more pics...

"Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science Fiction is the improbable made possible." -Rod Serling

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonNov-02-2014 10:05 AM

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonNov-02-2014 10:08 AM

A clearer shot of the full set:

Lone

MemberGiganNov-02-2014 10:53 AM

*sniffs* It's nae fair....why don't I live in Japan???

THE LONE GUNWOMAN

"Let The Cosmic Incubation Begin" ~ H.R. Giger

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaNov-02-2014 10:58 AM

^Import.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

godzilla200010

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-02-2014 11:11 AM

Bd do you mean blu ray.

Gojira2K

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-02-2014 11:14 AM

I need this, like right now!!!

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Ernest Hemingway.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaNov-02-2014 11:14 AM

Godzilla 200010,
BD is short for "Bluray Disc".

123invaders

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-02-2014 11:35 AM

That's.....amazing

awsomeJaijufan

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-02-2014 12:18 PM

why does it come with 5 discs ? had btw this is amazing !!!!

JRR

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-02-2014 12:20 PM

im alwhays bafled why buy an expensive set that only contains 3 formats of the same movie, why would you need more than 1, and also an ugly repaint of a toy, why not buy a dvd or bluray and a normall figure seperatly

Evacuate?, Godzilla is just a Legend!-Woman in GMK

Gojira2K

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-02-2014 12:20 PM

Hopefully they are some English discs.

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Ernest Hemingway.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaNov-02-2014 12:48 PM

^I don't see why they wouldn't include both the original English language version and the Japanese dub.

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonNov-02-2014 1:03 PM

Well, here is the translated Special Features list for this release:

Godzilla revival! !
Documentary to follow the state of up to "GODZILLA" released in Japan
'60 Of Godzilla, 60 questions
"Godzilla Final Wars" staff who supported the 28 pieces of Godzilla movie until the interview collection from "Godzilla"
Godzilla birth 60 Anniversary Talk
"Godzilla," "Mothra vs. Godzilla," "Invasion of Astro-Monster" Akira Takarada who appeared in many of the Godzilla movies such as talks about the charm of Godzilla movie. LaSalle Ishii also appeared in "Godzilla VS Mechagodzilla" in monster fan also participated! (Included the Nico Nico live broadcast special program of November 3, 2014 broadcast)
Yoshimitsu Banno interview
Is the director of "Godzilla vs. Hedorah", interview with Banno's executive producer of "GODZILLA"
Monster Planet of Godzilla
The recorded video that has been published as a theme park attraction in 3D. Godzilla is Ginza, destroy Tokyo Station, further Mothra also appeared to large battle deployment!
Godzilla Poster Collection
The recorded "Godzilla movie of former poster in a still image
"GODZILLA" Japan version theater brochure
The recorded brochure that has been sold in public during the theater in a still image
Bonus disc Blu-ray BD25G / picture label

<Contents in>
Monarch: declassified documents
fake documentary of the setting of confidential material video Monarch Corporation has holdings
Making of
Director, main staff, making hen to draw in the cast of interviews and behind-the-scenes video
Japan version dispatch-theater notice Collection
Japan version of TV spot collection

MONSTER PLANET OF GODZILLA?!?!?!?!

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaNov-02-2014 1:46 PM

Haha! It would be a better release than ours. Fingers crossed for better picture.

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonNov-02-2014 1:50 PM

^Amen to that!  The quality of ours was inexcusible.  Honestly, how does a film get released looking that lousy?  Its baffling.  This one could be the definitive release... that is, until WB gets off their butts and gives us an improved Director's Cut. ;)

dinoboy22

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-02-2014 2:01 PM

whats monster planet of godzilla?

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonNov-02-2014 2:45 PM

^Monster Planet of Godzilla was a theme park attraction at SanRio Puroland that opened in 1994 to celebrate (and promote) the release of Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II.  The ride was hosted by Megumi Odaka (Miki Saegusa from the Heisei series), and you and the other riders board a UN spacecraft called "Earth".  The ship crashes on a planet where Godzilla, Mothra, and Rodan live, and a time/space anomoly brings them to Tokyo, where an all out fight occurs.  The Heisei props/suits were used to portray the monsters in the 3D footage shot by Koichi Kawakita, which was set to Akira Ifukube's music.

dinoboy22

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-02-2014 2:54 PM

^sounds awesome. hopefully this godzilla gets a ride of his own someday

Gojira2K

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-02-2014 3:05 PM

That sounds great!

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonNov-02-2014 3:13 PM

Its interesting that THIS is the release they decided to finally include this footage in.  But I'm not complaining!  I'm most likely going to preorder this bad boy!

@Dinooy22,

With Universal involved with Lengendary now, who knows what the future may bring...

Dear God, imagine a Monster Island at Islands of Adventure in Universal Studios...

o_O

Something Real

MemberGodzillaNov-02-2014 4:39 PM

DANZILLA93 - WOW! That's an amazingly neat find! I wonder if the, hmm, quality of certain scenes has been improved in the version. Regardless, thank you so very much for sharing this with us! :)

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonNov-02-2014 4:45 PM

^You are most welcome, Something Real! :) I hope the quality isn't as embarrassing as it is on the set North America got.  I'm still holding out hope for a Director's Cut with that missing Akira Takarada scene, but this set might be the best one released, at least for a while.  I'm SERIOUSLY considering getting it, especially considering its a very limited edition!

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaNov-02-2014 5:15 PM

Am I reading this right though? I doesn't come out until Feb. 25th? Or is that just for the holy mackeral edition.

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonNov-02-2014 6:23 PM

^I'm not quite sure. :/ I think its for the holy mackeral uber whose-your daddy edition, but I could be wrong.  Japan did screen the film last, but it was only a two month delay from us.  Maybe it takes longer for movies to get home video releases in Japan?

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
BigGMonsterMan
BigGMonsterMan » Baragon
33% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums