Godzilla Movie

Just to clear up some loose ends.

1865 Views16 Replies
Forum Topic

GG

ModeratorGiganNov-26-2014 3:49 PM

Ahem, hi.

Just to clear up some loose ends regarding Godzilla 2 and King Ghidorah not returning, well some people say King Ghidorah will be saved for the third film, now here is why he will be in the sequel in Godzilla 2 and another monster will be in the third film.

Well first, according Legendary's twitter tweet at sdcc they said that, "We have also bought the rights to other Toho enemy's." Now if they have the rights to the entire Toho arsenal, why waste the final film on Ghidorah when they could have Destoroyah or MechaGodzilla? That doesnt make any sense, Ghidorah is a heavy hitter same for Rodan and Mothra too, why would Legendary waste the money making oppurtunity that they have with 3 of the most famous Fictional Creatures in the world by waiting to long.

Now here is another point, Legendary may have been debating whether or not to include Ghidorah in the sequel. But after seeing how fans have now just come to expect that he will be in it, why would they disappoint them like that? It would be hit critically by the hardcore fans if they essentially accidentally lied to them by not including the Toho Trio.

Now last but not least here is this video 

skip to 2:09, where Thomas clearly says, "For Godzilla 2, we were able to pry some classified footage from Monarch of what our plan is for the film." And essentially that should be enough to prove that that he will return, but for those who still dont believe the facts of those words you can refer to the other points set down above...

Thank you for the time of reading, i bid you adieu~GorillaGodzilla.

Good grief.

16 Replies

Demplex

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-26-2014 4:20 PM

You should realize that this still does not guarantee anything, especially since you are most likely not from Legendary, and you can not confirm whether or not King Ghidorah will return for the 2nd movie. However it is still great to speculate about when King Ghidorah will return, but for now we shouldn't be jumping to conclusions and calling them facts as we have about three years left of waiting.

GG

ModeratorGiganNov-26-2014 4:30 PM

It may not guarantee, but it is pretty much set in stone that Ghidorah will appear in the sequel.

Good grief.

Duratok

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-26-2014 4:42 PM

I'm unsure as to why this is up to debate. Didn't they flat-out say King Ghidorah, Mothra, and Rodan were going to be in Godzilla 2 movie? 

Also, let's not get ahead of ourselves; we don't know if they have access to the entire Toho arsenal. We just know that they have more than just Godzilla and the three mentioned.

Edwards once mentioned that he'd love to do a "Destroy All Monsters" movie, wouldn't surprise me if KG survived the sequel and reappeared there. 

KManX89

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-26-2014 4:43 PM

I've got one more reason for you:

Rodan and/or Mothra being the foes for the second movie doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I've heard people say "Mothra will be in G2 and Rodan and Ghidorah will be saved for the third movie"...

...except Godzilla was portrayed in G14 as a balancer of nature, while Mothra, as we all know, is a kaiju saint, so this theory falls flat on its face. Godzilla has NO reason whatsoever to go after Mothra in the sequel as she's not a threat to earth's peace in any way. By saying it'll be just Godzilla vs Mothra in the second movie is to say that Godzilla will go after her in cold blood pretty much, which would ignore virtually everything that was established in the first film. Plus, it would ruin whatever ties Serizawa has to the creature, good luck trying to justify why they should "let them fight" when there's no sense of danger caused by, I guess I should say just the monster, not monsterS this time, in question.

So no, Godzilla fighting Mothra in the sequel doesn't make any sense, maybe Rodan to start out with, they did in GTTHD after all, before Mothra got them both on the same page to fight a bigger threat together, but then, they're faced with the dilemma of pissing people off after they went out of their way to show them monsters they bought the rights to in what was publicly advertised as an event for the second movie (emphasis added on "second") and then not have one or two of them in it. Again, that would be no different than say, Zack Snyder revealing Darkseid at the CC event for the JLA movie, but then not have him show up until Justice League 2, I guarantee it would stir huge backlash if he did that, and for good reason.

Oh, and I agree whole-heartedly with Ghids being in G2 so we can have MechaGodzilla or Destoroyah in G3, or hell, they could do a pure money scenario with the thid movie being a remake of DAM featuring both of them, little food for thought (they would have to heavily alter or completely change Dessy's OD origin, though, obviously).

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganNov-26-2014 5:11 PM

Cool! :)

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

dinoboy22

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-26-2014 5:11 PM

^we dont really know how mothra will be portrayed really. i wont be surprised if shes just as much anti hero as godzilla. but anyway i think gorillagodzilla is correct. king ghidorah is indeed a heavy hitter and i dont legendary would risk upsetting fans by and say we miss understood them

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-26-2014 5:24 PM

If they don't portray Mothra as a benevolent heroic creature, then they would be creating M.I.N.O. (Mothra in Name Only). Seriously, Mothra's benevolent personality is what defines her. They can get rid of the immortal goddess aspect, but they can't really be faithful to Mothra's character and not make her a saint.

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

Daikaiju Danielle

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-26-2014 5:26 PM

Although it's kind of vague, it is pretty much stating Ghidorah will be in the sequel.

"Daddy's home- cake every night,"

KManX89

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-26-2014 10:40 PM

^To be fair, it can also be interpreted as they've announced at CC that they've acquired the rights to those monsters and the "not alone" part is referring to future installments, I don't think that's what that means, but it can be interpreted as such, we know certain individuals take it to mean just that. And as for the Tweet about them acquiring the rights to more Toho monsters besides those 3, it doesn't specifically say that, either, it says "joining Godzilla in future franchise installments will be several other classic monsters from Toho". Again, it can be interpreted that way, but it doesn't say so specifically

And @ TKOTM: exactly, which is why having Godzilla fight her in the sequel doesn't make a lick of sense as stated. Godzilla's a balancer of nature in this new rebooted franchise, he's not gonna pursue her unless she poses a grave threat to the earthly peace, which she clearly doesn't unless they wanna go the G98 route with her and make her Mothra In Name Only.

SapphireOverlord

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-27-2014 12:10 AM

Ah, but you guys are forgeting that there is one Mothra that likes to fight.  Mothra Leo from the Rebirth of Mothra sereis.  Yes, its not related to the Godzilla Universe, but Leo is a serious heavy hitter.  Leo has abilites that his mother never had.

http://www.g-fan.com/images/indexissues/gfan107.jpg  (Its a bit small, nothing I can do about it...)

Now the image in the link shows something intersting.  This is the cover for the latest issue of G-Fan.  The cover show G2014 in the background, and a fighter pilot looking back.  Now look in the reflection of the pilots helmet.  See Mothra there?  Take a good look at that Mothra.  Notice anything about Mothra?  Mothra's face is not red and white with blue eyes.  Its black and white with green eyes.  Its Mothra Leo.  When we think of Mothra, we think of the red and white faced Mothra with blue eyes.  That is the most commom form of Mothra we know.  For all we know, we might be dealing with Mothra Leo in the next moive.  The son is way stronger than the mother.

vexxed

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-27-2014 6:31 AM

I really hope we get Ghidorah in Godzilla 2 that way we'd have all the monsters for another movie to be as great as Ghidorah the Three-Headed Monster

KManX89

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-27-2014 7:05 AM

@SAPHIREOVERLORD-It's plausible, and that's a very interesting find, but my guess is Toho will use the Mothra the fans all know, that being the benevolent female Mothra, I could be wrong, but if they plan on using Toho monsters, my guess is they're going to be using ones fans are familiar with, that being the bright, blue-eyed female Mothra with some minor changes to her design much like G14.

Plus, if Ghidorah is in G2, that means they can have MechaGodzilla in G3 and start preparing/EEing for him early on, i.e: they can reveal in the second movie that they're building it and then he finishes construction in the 3rd, or at the end of the second movie leading into the third. Destoroyah with a new origin I would also love to see. 

wolfguy

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-27-2014 7:12 AM

There is still nothing in this post but pure speculation. The scripts haven't even been penned yet. 

And no, Mothra Leo will not be in Godzilla 2. That much anyone can say because it's just ridiculous. Covers of G-Fan magazine are nothing but fan art. 

SapphireOverlord

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-27-2014 8:06 AM

@wolfguy: How do you know?  It could easily happen.  Just beacuse you don't like it, doesn't mean it can't happen.  Its called a theroy.  Ever heard of it?

@Kmanx89:  True. Its most likey the female version will be used.  But what if they used the female version but also gave her Leo's aggression when she does loose her cool.  You think she kicked butt before, you haven't seen anything yet.

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-27-2014 10:46 AM

Just because the cover of a fan magazine features a picture of Mothra that looks slightly similar to Mothra Leo doesn't give any indication that Legendary is even considering it. I mean, the cover of Godzilla: Save the Earth had Mothra Leo on it and he wasn't even in the game. Apparently, Toho won't even sell companies the rights to use Leo because they consider the Rebirth of Mothra trilogy a separate series, if Simon Strange is to be believed. Using Leo would be impractical too. I don't think Legendary is going to want to use a version of Mothra that fires laser beams and lightning from every part of its body in a supposedly more "grounded" universe. Aside from powers and gender, Leo isn't much different from Mothra anyway. He's still a peaceful benevolent moth god that is just more agressive in battle when an opponent ticks him off.

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

KManX89

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-29-2014 6:36 AM

@Wolf guy: at around the 2:06 mark in the posted video, Jessica Chobot and Thomas Tull both clearly say Godzilla 2, there's nothing speculative about that whatsoever. 

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Monsterzero9
Monsterzero9 » Anguirus
77% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
72% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
BigGMonsterMan
BigGMonsterMan » Baragon
33% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums