Godzilla Movie

YOU WERE DISAPPOINTED!

1490 Views15 Replies
Forum Topic

jpjoe84

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-11-2014 9:21 PM

Wathcing Godzilla 2014 again... GRRRR

You can't honestly say you weren't deeply confused, dissapointed or pist when the airport scene cuts to Ford Brodie's kid watching the news showing Godzilla on tv (WHO HASNT BEEN ON THE BIG SCREEN FOR YEARS) fighting. That movie could have (SHOULD HAVE) been much better! If the fans could have seen Godzilla destory the Muto at the airport the movie would have been 10 times better and made millions more. They could have created one more male Muto somewhere else....  Damn trailers!! I watched them way too much.

Only 3 years and some days until Ghidorah kicks some ass... 

15 Replies

Something Real

MemberGodzillaDec-11-2014 9:37 PM

JPJOE84 - It's excellent that you're so passionate about this topic! With regards to my own standpoint, I wasn't displeased with the cutaway from the battle; it was simply (in my opinion) an interesting - and daring - choice on the director's part. Of course, this is simply my view of the subject; if you were displeased by Edwards' choice, you have right to feel so and express it! :)

jpjoe84

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-11-2014 10:07 PM

You werent displeased but would you have enjoyed the movie more if Godzilla makes his big debut AND THEN kicked some ass on sceen?

We were teased enough! Godzilla didn't appear in the film for awhile. I liked Edwards' technique in teasing the audience but I can't watch that scene without wanting more. 

Its like teasing a baby or a puppy for much too long!!!! ha

No one should ever tease a baby, by the way!

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaDec-11-2014 10:17 PM

I fear fan division about this scene will be discussed for decades. The headache won't stop. At this point it's more interesting to speculate how fans will remember it than the scene itself.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Durp004

MemberBaragonDec-11-2014 11:14 PM

I love this title it's not even asking my opinion it's telling me how I felt with no room for argument.

You sir, need to make more threads like this.

npinkham19

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-12-2014 7:12 AM

They definitely could have shown more before the cutaway, just Godzilla tossing the muto around for a second to show that he means business but the HUGE thing that noone asks . . .how the hell did Brody get out of his situation?!! Last we saw him he was dangling from one arm with a kid ready to die. Oops can't think of a good way to get out of this and we're saving the cgi budget for the end so . . . eh just cutaway. People were so angry about not getting the Godzilla goods that the Brody thing didn't pop into mind.

GG

ModeratorGiganDec-12-2014 10:05 AM

did not really bother me, i felt as if the scene was actually best left unseen. It not only made the finale more epic to actually see the King kicking ass but made the movie feel more special.

Good grief.

FordBrodyLover99

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-12-2014 11:01 AM

I foung it funny. In fact, everyone in the theater laughed.You shouldnt go around pretending you know nhow everyone feel about something. If you dont like it, thats fine. I can see why some would be unsatisfied. You have too learn too look at things from others perspective.

The Godzilla King

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-12-2014 1:22 PM

How about this? I loved they cut away from the scene, your sir, shouldn't pretend everyone else shares your opinion. It's fine if you hate the cut away but don't assume everyone else hates it.

The menace was gone, so was a great man. But the whole world could wake up and live again.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonDec-12-2014 2:41 PM

I am disappointed that people still B***H! About this stuff. The movie has done it's thing and now it is in the past. Move on people and deal with it.

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Daikaiju Danielle

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-12-2014 9:07 PM

Does this really warrant a topic? 

"Daddy's home- cake every night,"

NerdyBandGeeks

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-12-2014 10:00 PM

In the moment I wasn't mad, because I knew I would it would be worth it in the end. But by the end of the movie, I was angry, because Goji on screen was horribly dark, all I saw were shadows. I didn't get a good look at him, or really know what he looked like in the movie, until the bonus features and extra clips started appearing online.

Godzillaser

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-13-2014 2:58 AM

I'm not angry or dissapointed, but I would've been more happy if there was a fight after that mighty roar.

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonDec-13-2014 8:03 AM

FORDBRODYLOVER99:

Well said.

DAIKAIJU_DANIELLE:

No. ;)

"Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science Fiction is the improbable made possible." -Rod Serling

The Godzilla Novelization Project: Follow Along Today!

NateZilla10000

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-13-2014 3:43 PM

The scene was not supposed to be "Godzilla vs MUTO Fight 1." The entire Hawaii sequence was literally there to reveal Godzilla; a better summary title of the scene would be "Godzilla Arrives." The reason why they cut away from the fight was, again, becuase the scene was not supposed to have a brawl, and that's not a bad thing. Once Godzilla shows up and gives his "Back from 10 year slumber" roar, the scene need not continue, as its reason for existance had been completed.

I for one needed that cut. I remember being completely out of breath after I saw the scene for the first time; gasping for air as they panned over the aftermath. I don't think I could have taken a fight sequence after that much heart-racing build up.

Now, does that mean I didn't want to see them fight? Of course not; I love Kaiju action. The ending 20 minutes was worth the price of admission alone. I'm just saying that the Airport scene has enough tension as it stands. It doesn't really need a battle sequence to make it any better.

jpjoe84

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-13-2014 8:31 PM

Fair enough! I just had to share my furstration after watching that scene again.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
74% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums