Godzilla Movie

Suggestions for my first Stop Motion movie.

1576 Views7 Replies
Forum Topic

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusDec-20-2014 11:37 AM

So last night I posted my first stop motion test. The first thing I like to say is thanks for the feedback. I just got the animation kit last night so my early works may be a little slow with the frame-rate. As I get more experience, it will increase.

Second is that I would like some suggestions for my first stop motion video. I am a collector of the S.H. Monsterarts figures. Their awesomeness and articulation should help me create art (well fan-art at least). The figures I have to use are Godzilla (2014, 2000, Comic-con Explosion and Adult Jr/1995 rebirth), Godzilla Jr, Mothra (Imago and Larva), Battra (Imago and Larva), King Ghidorah, Gigan, SpaceGodzilla, Kiryu (2002 and 2003), Fire Rodan, and Super XIII. I hope to get King Kong soon and intend to pre-order Gamera. I also have S.H. Monsterarts Wolf Predator, Alien Big Chap and two Figma Attack on Titan figures (Eren and Mikasa) if anyone was interested in a crossover (though I lack the sound effects).

So if there are any suggestions, feel free to comment. I'm leaning a bit towards the Godzilla vs King Ghidorah idea, but I'm still not sure.

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

7 Replies

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganDec-20-2014 11:45 AM

Why not have Godzilla 1995 rebirth, Mothra, and Fire Rodan fight King Ghidorah and Gigan?

(Also, Godzilla 2000 vs. Battra Imago would be cool to see for some odd reason.)

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganDec-20-2014 11:46 AM

^Also, having Super XIII fight the "good" and "bad" monsters in my first suggestion would be cool.

If you preorder Gamera, you must do Godzilla vs. Gamera. :)

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusDec-20-2014 11:50 AM

Well when I get Gamera it's a given that I must do Godzilla vs Gamera. But what about Godzilla vs King Kong vs Gamera?

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganDec-20-2014 12:00 PM

^That would be AWESOME! :D

Gojira2K

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-20-2014 12:28 PM

^^That would be awesome! Now you should do King Ghidorah, Mothra, Fire Rodan, vs G14.

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Ernest Hemingway.

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusDec-20-2014 1:47 PM

^Like a GMK parody? I can't. I can't see King Ghidorah as a good guy, or Mothra as evil. I may do something similar Destroy All Monsters though, but after I have more experience. For now lets stick to just two monsters.

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

NateZilla10000

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-24-2014 12:38 AM

For a first stopmotion film, I would take it slow.

I made the mistake of jumping into something huge with my first go at it, and it turned into a sloppy mess. I would start off with a quick battle or two if you want to go in the direction of Godzilla. In addition, start off with some generally "non-crazy" monsters. For instance, Ghidorah and Biollante would be poor starting monsters; his heads and her tentacle vines are a nightmare to animate. Godzilla, Spacegodzilla, Rodan, Mechagodzilla, and MOGUERA would be better starters. Gigan, Mothra, and Battra somewhere in the middle.

And some pro tips:

1. Always make sure your camera is steady and locked down. Nothing ruins a stopmotion reel worse than a jumpy camera.
?2. If you can, hook up your camera to your computer and take pictures through that. Not only will you be able to look back at photos with ease, but you won't have to touch the camera at all, eliminating any average chance of camera jolts.

3. Enough is never enough when it comes to photos and how many "in-between" shots you take. Don't be generous with posing, but be generous with taking photos, only moving the figure or any of its desired parts half a centimeter or so and taking the picture. You can eliminate unwanted frames later in editing.

4. The best frame rates to work with in stopmotion are 15fps and 24fps, at least for the average user. Big movie industries might go higher to, say, 30fps, but 15 or 24 will get by just fine.

5. Never use the sun as a light source. Always find a set that is lit at the same brightness 24/7. This eliminates light flicker in the final product.

6. Be mindful of what you're wearing and where you are in the room; your presence can sometimes be felt. For instance, if you are wearing red, that sometimes is reflected onto the set, giving everything a red hue. It's best to wear all black on the day of filming, as that color absorbs light rather than reflect it.

Also, shiny surfaces can reflect your image as well as the camera's. Be sure to be extra careful in your own position and the camera's security when dealing with those types of surfaces. Otherwise, the final product will see blobs jumping about the shiny area.

7. (And one of the most important) Be gentle. If the monster is moved too much from the current position, it'll take some serious efforts to duplicate its last pose to perfection. NEVER pick up a figure to change its pose, ALWAYS be careful when moving a part, and ALWAYS plan out the action BEFORE you film it. That way, you know what the figure is going to do, how fast it's going to do it, and where/how it's going to end up.

Hope I helped. =)

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Monsterzero9
Monsterzero9 » Anguirus
77% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
72% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
BigGMonsterMan
BigGMonsterMan » Baragon
33% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums