Godzilla Movie

zBrush Godzilla (2nd tribute)

2345 Views13 Replies
Forum Topic

The-kaijuenthusiast

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-09-2015 9:28 AM

Did this mainly into practice my ZBrush skills but what way to do it by creating my favorite Tokyo smashing big Guy!.  I had referenced quite a few models but  mainly the maquette model was used to get his head  and neck porpotions right. But overall it was made completely from scratch.  It started out as a low poly mesh in blender which was then heavily sculpted and poly painted with ZBrush. I also did a few effects experimentations in Gimp to create the fog and DOF ( depth of field).  I learned quite a but from this project and I feel its definitely a step in the right direction for me.  Its not a perfect recreation but a more stylized approach.  Hope you guys like it and feel free to comment !  I still have much more to learn considering I've only been using ZBrush for a few months now. Again any feedback is always appreciated

13 Replies

Something Real

MemberGodzillaJan-09-2015 1:08 PM

THE-KAIJUENTHUSIAST - Your work is extraordinary! I greatly enjoy the overall design and feel that the attention to fine detail you have evidenced is top-notch! This is definately a work of art in which you should take substantial pride! Absolutely stunning! Thank you ever so much for taking the time to create and share this with us! :)

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganJan-09-2015 1:16 PM

Nice job! :) I like it.

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonJan-09-2015 1:23 PM

Really impressive. Keep at it man.

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Therizinosaurus Rex(aka Kaijusaurs)

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-09-2015 1:26 PM

Its awesome.

Therizinosaurus for JW2!

The-kaijuenthusiast

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-09-2015 5:26 PM

Thanks guys for commenting! Very happy you all are liking ut.

JohnSmith

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-09-2015 9:09 PM

Cool work, Really nice though the snout does seem a bit too short. Tip - Your image desperately needs contrast, Did you use photoshop to finalize your image ?...

edit

JohnSmith

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-09-2015 9:15 PM

juggernot18

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-09-2015 11:45 PM

wow, really johnsmith? You're so called "edit" is just stupid, photoshop amateur :lel le more noise, lel le more contrast, crush the blacks xDDD im such a professional!" dont even touch anything man, you jsut made his image worse by doing that. lmao such a cringey kiddo you are.

Tip- dont give "tips" to artists when you just end up novice PHOTOSHOPPING all their work, lmao so sad. Now go off and adjust the contrast on everyones fanart because we all know you cant make anything, the only thing you can do is mess with others people art lol

juggernot18

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-09-2015 11:47 PM

good job THE-KAIJUENTHUSIAST, dont listen to this bull johnsmith kiddo is spouting here, its obvious he just discovered photoshop and thinks adding NOISE and grain to everything makes it look better, and i bet he just discovered what "crushing the blacks" meant, please ignore clowns like him hes obviously a troll

Something Real

MemberGodzillaJan-10-2015 12:53 AM

JUGGERNOT18 - Please, my friend, there is no need to be so debasing. JOHNSMITH was simply providing feedback; I doubt his intentions were to be aggressive or demeaning in any way. I could be mistaken in that assumption; however, JOHNSMITH has not yet (from what I have observed) evidenced such personality traits. Perhaps it was an attempt to look at the piece from a different perspective? Artists are going to be creative - even when appraising the works of others. It is not something one should allow to increase his/her blood pressure as such is less than optimal with regards to physical well being. With that being said, you are quite right; THE-KAIJUENTHUSIAST has produced a wonderful image! Additionally, you are quite right to encourage him/her to stick to and actualize his/her own ideas. That sort of support is extremely valuable. :)

JohnSmith

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-10-2015 12:59 AM

JUGGERKNOT18, Seriously ?, lol...I have never said anything bad about his art, I actually like it. My comment is just my opinion on what I think he should improve on. I think I have a point about the low contrast in his image.  Furthermore, The 2min edit image I did is just to show what I mean, It is not meant to be better or a fix, nor did I claim it to be. Finally you idiot, Low res Jpegs are way too compressed to work with, There's very little you can do.   Now just relax and have a wank.

SOMETHING REAL - Thank you.

Something Real

MemberGodzillaJan-10-2015 1:08 AM

JOHNSMITH - Please, there is no need for harsh language. Like you, JUGGERNOT18 was expressing his opinion. I do not believe he is an idiot, just as I believe you are not a troll. I implore you to remain level and even-tempered; such will provide the most agreeable atmosphere for civil discourse. :)

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonJan-10-2015 8:13 AM

Yeah, i agree with something real.

@juggernot and johnsmith,

Both of you take a chill pill and end this s***! No need to get into a heated argument with each other, this is a public site, all are welcomed here.

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
75% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums