Godzilla Movie

Godzilla did not get nominated in any oscar awards

5687 Views14 Replies
Forum Topic

Godzillaser

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-16-2015 6:06 AM

I was shocked...... 

I thought the film will be nominated in best visual effect, sound mixing and sound editing. 

*crying a lot*

14 Replies

FordBrodyLover99

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-16-2015 6:28 AM

Yeah, but thats just how awards are. Sometimes they just ignore movies entirely, and this year Godzilla got snobbed. The awards are apparently too fancy for such trivial things as monsters(atleast this year. JW will be nominated next year for visual effects, for sure). But we`ll make it, with or without the nominations.

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonJan-16-2015 6:36 AM

Dull surprise.

This isn't a shock, considereing how Hollywood works.  Godzilla's sound design, if nothing else in the movie, should have gotten at least a nomination.  But its just not something they really felt deserved the attention of being recognized.

And quite frankly, if Interstellar can be passed up COMPLETELY for ANY award, than Godzilla being passed up shouldn't shock us. -_-

"Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science Fiction is the improbable made possible." -Rod Serling

The Godzilla Novelization Project: Follow Along Today!

JRR

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-16-2015 8:40 AM

it isn't shoking, from the moment it came out i knew it wouldn't win any oscar, but at least it didn't get nominated for a razzie

Evacuate?, Godzilla is just a Legend!-Woman in GMK

dinoboy22

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-16-2015 8:49 AM

im not surprised either. in my opinion the movie shouldve been nominated for its special effects 

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaJan-16-2015 9:45 AM

Yeah, I'm not shocked either. It wasn't as universally loved as the other nominations, so even the technical awards seemed like a long shot. I was pretty sure it was going to get cut out of the visual effects running, but I thought it might have a chance at sound design. Guess not.

No big deal though.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganJan-16-2015 12:51 PM

I was just a little bit surprised that it wasn't nominated.

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

NateZilla10000

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-16-2015 2:04 PM

I'm dissapointed with it not being nominated for anything, but I guess I had this coming myself. The Oscars nowadays are wildely biased to the media's praise; they seem to rate films on how well recieved they are by audiences than actually taking in-depth review of the material in front of the (example, their apparrent love for Disney). Godzilla had some controversy around it, so snubbed it will be.

However, I will say, if Intersteller wins Sound Design and/or Sound Mixing, I will be LIVID. That film doesn't even deserve to be nominated for those categories; I don't care who produced or made it. The sound effect placement and levels of volume were absolutely atrocious in that film. Some scenes, you couldn't even hear what the actors were saying due to the ear-splitting sounds drowning them out (even though they were ment to be heard, as they were having conversations about what was going on). Visual Effects, sure. What they did in that department deserves recognition. But not the sound department.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaJan-16-2015 3:17 PM

I think if the Oscars ranked films by media praise and audience appreciation we'd see stuff like Guardians of the Galaxy nominated for Best Picture. The fact that Best Picture noms are typically films the mainstream has never heard of tends to prove that.

I'm on the fence about whether or not Godzilla deserved an Oscar nom for effects or not, but I can't put all the blame on the Oscars. The fact is Godzilla simply wasn't as well recieved by the industry as the other noms and we have no idea if Warner Brothers even bothered to campaign it for an Oscar. If WB put no effort into taking out ads or campaigning the movie for special effect and sound, then there was no real push to get it nominated to begin with.

All of this being said, I'm tired of superhero movies being nominated for special effects. I can't think of s superhero movie that had some really standout special effects or looked like something difficult to pull off. Effects-wise I'd put Godzilla ahead of Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain America Winter Soldier and X-Men: Days of Future Past, personally.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

GG

ModeratorGiganJan-16-2015 4:10 PM

The Oscars aren't worth the time of day anyway, i dont even watch them.

Good grief.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaJan-16-2015 4:24 PM

I like the Oscars. I understand certain criticisms torward it, (Not all. I think some people just get butthurt and lash out) but it's fairly entertaining and it's moved some very talented people's careers into some great places. And I'm glad it exists to honor film in general-- Which is how I tend to see it: A yearly celebration of film. Whoever wins is just a byproduct of the celebration.

The criticism I don't hear very often, and I think is the most legitimate of them all, is that I understand less and less what Best Picture, for example, means. With so many movies released per year trying to do such different things the comparison becomes hazy. As a result I wish there was more variety with the nominations.

Other than that I enjoy watching them for what they are.

indiana jones

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-16-2015 5:44 PM

what surprised me is ho small the movie was, its like, the film comes out...and that was it, thats all

"That is one big pile of sh*t" -Doctor Ian Malcom

JohnSmith

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-17-2015 4:37 AM

It's not surprising but unfortunately it is just ridiculous. The sound design of Godzilla  definitely deserved a nomination, and as for VFX nomination, I do not agree that X-men nor Capt 2 had more impressive VFX. I mean, the helicarrier from Capt 2 is not a good enough reason for it to be nominated over Godzilla. Even Edge of tomorrow had better VFX than Capt 2. Either way Apes will win and rightly so.

Something Real

MemberGodzillaJan-17-2015 10:38 PM

GODZILLASER - I understand you disdain for the Oscars not having recognozed Godzilla. However, it is not unexpected; the Oscars have ever been focused on films that deal with more, shall we say, "realistic" and/or "human" issues. There is, in my opinion, a frightful lack of imagination when it comes to the men and women whom are responsible for nominating films for the Oscars. Perhaps there will come a time in which movies are judged for how well they are received by the common people instead of on the obscurity/fame of their directors and the amount of boring/controversial/depressing realism they depict. Regardless, keep your chin up! :)

Ariccio

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-18-2015 10:25 PM

"The oscars are won by films about disabled people crying. That's the only criteria."

-Nerdcubed

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Xenotaris
Xenotaris » Gigan
87% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
74% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums