Godzilla Movie

Debate Week Season 5! Season Finale: Godzilla 2014 vs Biollante!

4575 Views29 Replies
Forum Topic

GG

ModeratorGiganFeb-24-2015 8:27 AM

This is it, the season finale of this spectacular season!

Before the episode begins, i am dedicating this episode to my good friend BigBadBen who has recently left our community. So long my good friend, may your family prosper. Now lets begin.

Lets start this epic final battle!

Biollante can grapple and choke with her many tendrils, capable of keeping Godzilla in place.

In her rose form she can spit a extremely corrosive sap capable of poisoning and harming Godzilla. Biollante when near death can split herself into thousands of cell's and can fly into space to regenerate, now thats supernatural!

Biollante's body seems to be effected by Godzilla's atomic breath, that counts as a weakness.

Biollante in her ultimate form can slide across the ground at actually really fast speeds. She retains her same abillities from Rose except a powerful additional one, Biollante can spray a radioactive posionous sap from her crocodillian mouth capable of nearly blinding and knocking over Godzilla.

Biollante's tendrils and vines were also capable of piercing the King's skin and filling it with Posion sap.

Biollante is extremely durabil however, being able to tank normal cavalry, and many blasts from Godzilla Atomic breath even one inside her throat.

Now onto the True King.

Godzilla 2014 is very powerful! Godzilla 2014 was around during when the earth was ten times more radioactive, he hunted mutos for a living. But when the permian impact happend... Wait let me just say this to some people, to some people it is not canon and to some people it is canon, they say in the awakening comic book that he was 12 metres away from the permian impact, and according to the book he was unscathed.

If this is true then that means he has immensly supreme durabillity! After the earths radiation faded he went down underwater to right near the earths core where he could absorb all the radiation there for an eternity. Godzilla 2014 only awakens when there are threats to Earth or the balance.

He has incredible intelligence, even regarded as semi sentient! Godzilla 2014 was able to take multiple beatings from the mutos and it didnt do that much damage. Godzilla 2014s strength is incredible as he was able to easily push back the female muto and knock her down on top of it.

Godzilla 2014's battle strategys are very strategic he decided to step on the female muto and if that danged male wasnt there he could have killed both of them easily.

Godzilla 2014 mainly uses his jaw for battling and his claws for the most part of grabbing and throwing. Godzilla 2014's stamina is questionable, as he was able to swim from the center of the earth to hawaii in less than 12 hours!

However, he did get tired out during his final battle and had to rest for about 5 minutes, probably due to the facts stated above.

Godzilla 2014's semi sentience strikes again when he realizes that the way to kill the male muto was to hit him in mid air, using his tail Godzilla 2014 did so and ended the foul beast.

Godzilla 2014's atomic breath is questionable, we dont know how powerful it really was but from what we saw it does do alot of damage. If we want to use the electrical sack theory, then Godzilla has a electrical sack in his stomach which uses electrical sparks to generate the plasma and radiation in an ionized blast!

But the Mutos were holding it back because they have an EMP which stops everything electrical around them. So Godzilla 2014s sack was short circuiting and not working that well.

But Godzilla was still able to use it but it caused him tremendous pain in his stomach and throat! Godzilla 2014s smarts was also used when he realized the way to kill the female muto was to blast her in her mouth with his atomic breath right on her regenerative organs to the point when the were dead.

Godzilla's Durabillity is also amazing as he was able to take multiple stabs to his throat stomach and he was still reletively unscathed! Godzilla 2014's height ranges, In the book it was 400 feet! but in the movie he was 355 feet! We can use these 2 heights depending on which ones you believe.

This has been Debate Week Season 5!! I hope you all have thoroughly enjoyed this season, can this episode hit 15 replies?

Thank you for making this series possible, i will see you soon! To the Great Debate!

Good grief.

29 Replies

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-24-2015 12:42 PM

I wrote a whole two paragraphs and it signed me off!!!!!!

G'2014 wins

Also biollante got through godzilla 89's bone why can't gamera?

There are strong men and weak men. The strong ones are here to keep the weak ones up when ever they fail.

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusFeb-24-2015 1:54 PM

Biollante may be big, but LegendaryGoji is faster, and he's much tougher than Godzilla '89. He'll easily be able to survive what she may throw at him. Furthermore, without any sort of extra supplementary bacteria to help her, she'll have a tough time holding the King back.

That, and I'm pretty sure the "Kiss of Death" would work wonders against her :P

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganFeb-24-2015 2:00 PM

I'm going with Godzilla. He's significantly larger than Godzilla '89, and more intelligent along with more durable. He'll eventually overcome Biollante, but not after a long battle.

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

Therizinosaurus Rex(aka Kaijusaurs)

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-24-2015 3:58 PM

Biollante would ovioustly rekt G14 because G14 is not as strong as Heisei and he doesn't even have regen.

Therizinosaurus for JW2!

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-24-2015 4:08 PM

Btw G14 actually bleed when Muto stabs him I believe in the neck so his durable its not that amazing.

Therizinosaurus for JW2!

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonFeb-24-2015 4:21 PM

Sorry Biollante...

"Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science Fiction is the improbable made possible." -Rod Serling

The Godzilla Novelization Project: Follow Along Today!

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-24-2015 4:42 PM

G'2014 armor = his scars

There are strong men and weak men. The strong ones are here to keep the weak ones up when ever they fail.

Linkzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-24-2015 4:52 PM

I don't see how Legendary Godzilla could possibly win this... he's got no regeneration, and Biollante has acid spray and spear tendrils that punched through Hesei Godzilla's bones. LPG, even if he has tougher hide, is gonna get effed up by those. Meanwhile, he has no way to put down a monster that's much larger than him and regenerated from a hole being blown in her head. Bio curbstomps.

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-24-2015 4:55 PM

^ Godzilla 2014 doesn't have tougher hide look at dis pic

Therizinosaurus for JW2!

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-24-2015 4:56 PM

Edit: blurry pic but you could you still see it and edit is broken wats up with that?

Therizinosaurus for JW2!

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusFeb-24-2015 5:54 PM

LegendaryGoji is physically one of the strongest Godzilla iterations around, and undoubtedly stronger than '89 Godzilla, and could easily physically tangle with a relatively slow opponent like Biollante. As well, his tough hide and increased mobility and general movement means he can maneuver around Biollante and get into better positioning more easily, and can tank her attacks more readily, even without any apparent regenerative properties.

Not only that, but his plasma breath isn't hindered by the M.U.T.O.s' EMPs, which means it's even stronger, and would do some massive damage, as even in a weakened form, it could halt a M.U.T.O.'s regenerative factor. Also, LegendaryGoji survived a meteor several kilometers long landing right on top of him near the end of the Permian. That takes some serious durability.

I could maybe see Biollante whittling LegendaryGoji down at range, but in close-quarters, he has the speed advantage, and is more durable than her. He can outlast her, and finish her off with an improved "Kiss of Death".

Durp004

MemberBaragonFeb-24-2015 6:47 PM

Anyone that thinks G14 would even have a chance is either massively biased or doesn't know the facts.

Nothing G14 did implies he is that strong in comparison to other Godzilla's if anything the fact a building falling on him made him collapse. Buildings have fallen on pretty much every other Godzilla incarnation and they've shown to recover from it much faster so his durability isn't all that great. He has no regeneration to Biollante's which is almost instant. He's not that much faster than other incarnations the Male muto was literally flying circles around him for most of his movie and he couldn't get a good hit in till the final strike. So he's reactions aren't great. Biollante is larger aand heavier than the MUTOs and G14 so I'd love to see him try to push her around chances are he'd get a face full of teeth like G89 did when he got close to her. A monster that collapsed 2 times and had help fighting 2 smaller foes would get annihilated when faced with a bigger heavier opponent that has insane regeneration and spearlike vines with mouths that can shoot acid from all directions. 

So let me break it down

At range: Biollante wins

Melee: Biollante wins

G14 get help from the military like before and through some miracle kills her: Oh wait she's immortal and will turn to spores and return again, so once again, Biollante wins.

GG

ModeratorGiganFeb-24-2015 7:42 PM

Im sorry, im not biased and i don't usually talk on my Debate Week threads but Durpo you have it wrong.

Godzilla 2014 is much stronger physically then 89, 89 never picked up any creatures he didn't pick up Biollante so you cant use the excuse of him being stronger. 2014 is much virulent and vicious, just the fact that he is basically as big as Biollante states that he will win against that slow wobbling tendril beast, no offense to Biollante.

Good grief.

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-24-2015 7:58 PM

^ 89 is stronger, Godzilla 2014 doesn't have regen and he got hurt by falling building, hands down Biollante.

Therizinosaurus for JW2!

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaFeb-24-2015 8:40 PM

"Godzilla 2014 is much stronger physically then 89, 89 never picked up any creatures he didn't pick up Biollante"

Except that he's essentially the same creature from 1984 and he pushed down a building over twice his size with one arm with no problem. The 2014 incarnation got knocked out by a building barely twice his size.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Durp004

MemberBaragonFeb-24-2015 9:05 PM

"I'm not biased"

I'm sorry but I found that statement extremely funny given your history on this forum.

People keep throwing around word like vicous, animalistic and brutal as though they are some types of buffs to monsters when in actuality they're just descriptions. You can be as brutal and vicious as you want it won't matter when faced with a monster bigger and stronger than you. The only time something like that would matter is if the other monster didn't want to die and wouldn't push itself to the limit you would. So if G14 was fighting Gigan who ran when things got tough, yeah his actions might matter, but if he's up against a monster that will fight him back(as a sidenote I'd cosider G89 and Biollante just as brutal and vicious as G14 maybe even moreso if you watch they're fight they tore eachother apart in a span of a few minutes, whereas G14 spent most his fight on the ground getting stomped on)

Him being almost as big as Biollante doesn't really matter here, he's still smaller, still lighter and for a monster that's so Slow as people put it I suggest you rewatch the scene of her running up to Godzilla while she was no track star she definitely wasn't that immobile, and her use of vines basically make up for any speed advantage G14 has on her. Even in her rose form her vines were able to pull G89 around without much resistance.

Biollante is probably one of if not in competition for the strongest monster in the Godzilla universe, G14 would be lucky to break into the top 10 if you'd take out the fact he's over twice the showa monsters size.

GG

ModeratorGiganFeb-25-2015 6:09 AM

Gman- Actually that building looked to be 4 times his size, sometimes i wonder if anyone is on G14's side in this world :(.

Good grief.

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusFeb-25-2015 6:16 AM

Yes, a building twice as big as G14 knocked him over when he was gravely injured and pretty damn tired after fighting for about a few hours and getting pounded for several minutes straight, and yet even when the entire building collapsed on him, he wasn't even knocked out. It was the aftermath of the building crashing that he disappeared into the debris cloud.

And at peak condition several millions of years ago, when he was likely smaller and not as strong, a meteor several kilometers across landed directly on him, causing a chain reaction that ended the Permian Era as well as an intitial impact explosion more powerful than any known nuke, and he was just fine.

His plasma breath is able to counteract the regenerative properties of the M.U.T.O.s, even when weakened by their E.M.P.s, which, although likely not as strong as the regenerative properties of G89, are likely more than enough to counter something like Biollante.

Then we come to his physical strength. G14 was able to easily push around the female M.U.T.O., who was at least as big as G91-5. As well, he could throw the male M.U.T.O. around, who could drag even his 90,000 ton body relatively easily, with great ease from his mouth. Speaking of jaw power, the bite from G14 into the female M.U.T.O.'s shoulder completely immobilized her. And let's not forget G14 wiggling the 400,000 ton Golden Gate Bridge.

And now the intelligent side of things. G14 was able to learn over time, becoming more and more accustomed to his enemies' tactics, and planning out more effective countermeasures and finishing moves. He knew that striking the female M.U.T.O. during the period of egg-laying was the best time, knew that in order to trul kill her, he needed to permanently silence her with his plasma breath from the inside, and knew to anticipate the male M.U.T.O. and use his tail to slam him into a building to impale and kill him.

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-25-2015 6:24 AM

While I do love LegendaryGoji but face it G14 stands no chance agaisnt to biollante she's taller and heavier and she also has super regenerative powers.

Therizinosaurus for JW2!

wolfguy

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-25-2015 6:55 AM

Biollante wins. Anyone who thinks differently just isn't objective. In the scope of the Godzilla universe, G'14 is not that impressive. Only reason he's getting any real love here is because he was well-done in CGI. it's rather shallow and biased.

First, Biollante is immortal. That right there is a win in most instances. Only advantage G'89 had was nuclear pulse, which G'14 does not possess. Nor does he possess any healing factors and his plasma breath is considerably weaker. Biollante would burrow and rend G'14 limb from limb.

Plus, Biollante's film is simply better.

Durp004

MemberBaragonFeb-25-2015 11:10 AM

Please stop listing accolades from the book. The book and movie have differences so to say they're both cannon despite that doesn't make much sense. It's basically you picking and choosing the aspects from each version that you like then trying to reason how a hybrid of both is so strong. Any important, or valid info that the book had would have been taken to the movie since that is the media outlet that the vast majority of people would see. It makes no sense to have relevant important info and keep that to one small part of your audience that buys a book. The muto's regeneration, the permian impact, Godzilla breath being hindered are all things that aren't talked about in the movie in any way so I don't consider them cannon. In a manga Biollante fights Ghidorah in space and absorbs his DNA to become a hybrid of both. Do we not take that into account when talking about Biollante. No the same can be said about the G14 books.

Shaking a suspension bridge that's over a mile long does not equate to moving 400,000 tons. Biollante who is almost half the weight of the full bridge is much more compact so chances are, based off what we've seen he's not moving her. Definitely not going to manhandle her like he did the mutos, in most cases he'd probably be the one stepping back.

The fact the building falling on him even made him collapse is pretty telling of how this fight will go since Biollante got a hole blown in her bottom jaw, and atomic breath down the throat and didn't even slow down.

Godzilla's learning is questionable the only thing he actively appeared to do was use his tail to hit the muto which caused a building to fall on him so not exactly a genius we're dealing with sneaking up on the mutos is debatable since there was ner that opportunity prior to that there's no indication he's learned to do that, it was simply an easy hit, any animal, even the most basic, can ambush.

The main thing here is Biollante's immortal, possibly ever adapting. G14 has no chance killing this monster since no Godzilla has. Despite appearing in 3 different forms throughout the heisei era she never died. Even when SpaceGodzilla got hit by the spiral breath her spores still returned to space. So just curious, how will G14 manage to kill a monster than heisei couldn't even with various hits from the spiral breath? The very common "G14 loves to melee though and that'd work well against the beam spamming heisei monsters!" Doesn't even apply here since Biollante also loves to fight up close as evident by the fact she ran up to Godzilla in her movie when she could have very well sat back and attacked him with her tendrils.

GG

ModeratorGiganFeb-25-2015 1:01 PM

Wolfguy- I actually definitively love Godzilla 2014, not just for CGI that is not a good statement and actually makes no sense. For a creature to be in CGI is an amazing thing, but the thing that is loved most about G 14 is he is closest to the suits as possible.

No one can actually say he has no standing in the series even though he has only appeared in one film.

Durp- Except Awakening was written by Max Borenstein who did the screen play.

Good grief.

bradzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-25-2015 2:05 PM

Biollante wins. I love G14 but, Biollante has regenative healing like the 89 Goji. Probably going to be hated but oh well. :P

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-25-2015 3:12 PM

^ Ur not the only one who thinks Biollante wins, I think Biollante can rekt G14.

Therizinosaurus for JW2!

Durp004

MemberBaragonFeb-25-2015 3:50 PM

Borenstein wrote the screenplay of Godzilla he didn't write the story. If anything if Awakening and the books were truly cannon he would definitely have included his ideas into the characters words. I find it odd that the book he writes includes Castle Bravo, but the dialogue he gave a character specifically says that only kiloton nukes were used. 

That should be evidence enough that even he doesn't view the books as cannon to the movies, if he does then he has no idea how to connect them in even the slightest way, but since nothing in the movie that he wrote for gives evidence to connect to the comic he also wrote for you really have no leg to stand on.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaFeb-25-2015 9:13 PM

I have to agree with Durp. There are aspects about Godzilla himself in the 2014 movie that are in direct contradiction of paper fiction. Furthermore mass fans probably would be going off the film and not the minor additions made in paper fiction.

But if you guys really want to include paper fiction, then you're going to have to do it both ways. Translated pieces of the Godzilla vs. Biollante script indicate that Godzilla's ray merely gives it more radiation and it mutates further. It also insinuates that it is a monster that continues to mutate and the final form wasn't necessarily its final mutation.

Add to the fact that Biollante is an immortal plant and you have a monster with abilities where the sky is the limit. But of course who wants to put those stats in there? It would give Biollante the edge and be a fair argument in conjunction with the non-film G'14 material. ;)

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Durp004

MemberBaragonFeb-26-2015 1:45 AM

Well the movies themselves almost indicate Biollante could be ever evolving. You see her spores after SpaceGodzilla's death so one could view SpaceGodzilla as a 3rd form of her and with her spores still alive there's no telling what form they could take next. This is exactly why Biollante is in contention for strongest Godzilla monster, the only reason I could see a monster beating her is if they're like heisei Godzilla and have the healing ability to the point that by the time her spores reform her they'd also be perfectly healed. Of course without any healing to speak of much less to the level heisei had I don't see G14 having any chance of stopping Biollante in any sense.

GG

ModeratorGiganFeb-26-2015 6:36 AM

Hey :). I never said G14 would win, i was just correcting some mistakes that peopl say about his abillities. I usually dont post on Debate Week, but those posts irk me.

Good grief.

vexxed

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-23-2015 4:44 AM

I agree with the others Biollante wins, but only after a close battle.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
72% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
BigGMonsterMan
BigGMonsterMan » Baragon
33% To Next Rank
GojiFan99
GojiFan99 » Mothra Larvae
85% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums