Godzilla Movie

Scrappedathon Reviews: Godzilla vs. Frankenstein

2704 Views6 Replies
Forum Topic

Ultrazero80

MemberTitanosaurusMar-19-2015 7:16 PM

Hello everybody and welcome back to Scrappedathon. Today we'll be taking a look at the 1964 film Godzlla vs. Frankenstein.

Description: After Toho's first attempt at making a Frankenstein film (Frankenstein vs. the Human Vapor) failed, they desided to pit him against their most popular creaton: Godzilla. In the film, Frankenstein would've grown to massive proportions by nuclear fallout and begin eating livestock. The SDF feared that he would begin attacking people, so they free Godzilla from his icy prison in order to fight Frankenstein. Toho thought that is would be strange for the SDF to rely on the monster that killed thousand in the past to fight a monster they assumed would begin attacking people, so the film was canned. Toho desided to pit Godzilla against Mothra, Rodan, and a new creation King Ghidorah all in 1964. However Toho didn't give up on the Frankenstein monster and with the help of Henry G. Saperstein they created the film Frankenstein vs. Baragon in 1965.

Plot: When scientist James Bowen and his colleagues Sueko Togami and Kawachi begin to study the effects of radiation from the Hiroshima bombing had on the human survivors, they come across a small boy roaming the streets of the destroyed city. when James begins to study the boy he is shocked to discover that the boy is Frankenstein's monster that had regrown from a dissected heart that was mutated by the fallout of the atomic bomb. However the boy begins to grow in size and begins to pray on livestock as it's main food sorce. Soon the SDF learn about the giant and they soon begin to fear that the monster would begin to attack humans. The SDF after discovering Godzilla still trapped ice deside to free him and lure him to Japan to fight Frankenstein. Once in Japan, a series of towers leads Godzilla to the Mt. Fuji area. When Godzilla reaches Mt. Fuji he spots Sueko, but before any harm can come to her Frankenstein rushes to her rescue and does battle with Godzilla. The fight is interupted by a series of volcanic fissures as one swallows Frankenstein while another causes a flood that washes Godzilla into a nearby river.

Opinion: To me this seems like this would have been one of the weakest entry's in the series, mainly because of the plot. Why did the SDF think it would be a good idea to free Godzilla, the monster that destroyed Tokyo in 1954 and attacked Osaka in 1955? Also why is Frankenstein's heart in Japan? It didn't explain how Frankenstein's heart got to Japan because I'm not sure if the film was going to follow the original book or the original film, neither does the monster end up anywhere near Japan at the end of either the book or film. Also this is just a nitpick, but to me it would be strange to see Godzilla fight a monster that looks identicle to a human. I don't know why, it's just weird to me.

Rating: 2.5/5

Sorce of Information: http://www.tohokingdom.com/cutting_room/frankenstein_vs_godzilla.htm

Godzilla... Truly a God incarnate.

6 Replies

Something Real

MemberGodzillaMar-19-2015 7:49 PM

ULTRAZERO80 - How very compelling! I have from time to time run across information concerning this film, but have never actually had a full synopsis presented! I happen to agree with your assessment; Godzilla vs. Frankenstein would likely have been a very weak entry in the pantheon of Godzilla films. However, the premise, to a small extent, strikes me as interesting. Regardless, thank you ever so much for presenting this very interesting bit of information! :)

Ultrazero80

MemberTitanosaurusMar-19-2015 8:15 PM

Thank you. I'm actually a kind of glad this film wasn't made because if it was Frankenstein vs. Baragon wouldn't have been made and thats my favorite non Godzilla Toho film.

Godzilla... Truly a God incarnate.

gojifan02

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-19-2015 8:25 PM

Nice dude! I found this interesting!

RESPECT THE GOLDEN MIRUmiru

Something Real

MemberGodzillaMar-19-2015 8:29 PM

ULTRAZERO80 - You are most welcome! Please, continue presenting these very interesting topics! I did not know there was a film entitled Frankenstein vs. Baragon! How neat! I will definately look into that as Baragon is one of my all-time favorite kaiju! :)

MechaGoji-175

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-20-2015 2:30 AM

Just a little nit pic, it it was originally ment to be king kong vs frankenstine, then toho stole the idea and tried to make Godzilla vs frankenstine IN 1962, but Toho thught King Kong would make more $-$, thus leading us to King Kong vs Godzilla. so your date is wrong by two years (once again, just my little nit pic). but very well done, nice job. BUT i am glad it didnt work out because then i would'nt see !!!BARAGON!!!

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganMar-20-2015 1:25 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing the battle, but I'm happy the film wasn't made.

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Monsterzero9
Monsterzero9 » Anguirus
77% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
72% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
BigGMonsterMan
BigGMonsterMan » Baragon
33% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums