Godzilla Movie

Debate Week Season 6! Day 6: Gigan (Final war's body but with all incarnations) vs Irys!

2430 Views10 Replies
Forum Topic

GG

ModeratorGiganMay-11-2015 7:39 AM

The ultimate battle of the brute's, Gigan vs Irys, Lets begin.

We will be using all Gigan incarnation's, but on top of Gigan Final war's body.

Gigan is a extremely amazing foe, considered the most brutal and deadly foe the King has ever faced!

Gigan sports a buzzsaw on his chest that spins in a circulaur manor and was able to slice through Godzilla hide! Gigan has 2 steel hooks on his fore arms which he uses to of course, stab and slash opponents!

Gigan also obtaned prolonged chain-saws on his hands which he used to nearly kill Mothra. And on the side of Gigans scythes he has 2 smaller scythe like blades which he uses as a grappling hook to bind and pull creatures into his Buzzsaw! Gigan is 60 metres and Final wars is 120 metres, 196 feet and 393 feet!

Gigan has a atomic energy laser on his forehead above his visor which he uses to nearly incinerate Mothra while blasting Godzilla! It never showed to be as strong as Godzillas breath but it is definitley no slouch!

Gigans laser beam can also transform into a sort of giant bomb in Godzilla final wars, when he fires it and it hits it releases 5 explosions on the monster!

Gigan also has a Flamethrower mouth. Thats all that needs to be said, im serious.

Gigans torso is made up of razor sharp discs made out of space titanium, that he used against Mothra but inevitably cut off his own head.

Gigan can fly, in the realm of earth he flies at Mach 3! Faster then MechaG! But in space he can fly at...Mach400! By incasing himself in a giant diamond he uses this mainly for interstellar travel across the galaxy! Gigan rarely uses this flight in battle but in Godzilla vs Gigan, he used it to smash into the king at hyper speed and stop him from getting up!

Gigan has never truly been defeated by the original Godzilla's, only by Final wars! Showa Gigan mainly retreated like King ghidorah! Gigan in Godzilla: Final Wars showed immense and amazing physical durabillity! The only way he was killed was by his head being cut off and being kamakaze slammed by Mothra!

Gigans buzzsaw is a nasty one, because not only does he pull you in to it, but he uses it while flying, in mid flight Gigan will come down and slam into you tearing your muscle tissue into nothing!

Gigan is 120 meter's.

Now onto the beastial Irys.

Iris is extremely powerful.

She has the abillity to drain-absorb the life force of her opponents! From that she can also take there power's as she did to Gamera, stole his fire ball!!

Iris can also suck things into her bio luminescent stomach which survives as a reviving purporse when Gamera is giving a whooping. Iris has rows of saw edged plates on her back capable of slicing through building's and much more.

Iris was able to combat Gamera with physical alone and force him to break off his arm due to her life steal murdering him.

Iris's official title is an evil god.....Gamera deals with Evil Gods?

Iris is capable of extremely high altitude and fast flight equaling and surpassing Gamera.

This has been Debate Week Season 6 day 6! i hope you have enjoyed, lets shoot for 9 replies and i will see you Wednesday!

Good grief.

10 Replies

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusMay-11-2015 10:05 AM

Hmmm....... let's see....... Irys is fast, strong, and has some pretty cool features. I think Gigan has the slight edge in sheer firepower, and maybe slightly in physical weapons, but Irys is definitely the faster of the two overall, with tons of versatility.

Sure, Gigan can enter diamond form to travel through space, but in terms of regular flight, Irys is over twice as fast. Add to that the ability to absorb powers via energy-leeching through his tentacles, as well as energy blades form said tentacles, which BTW are extremely long and numerous.

But would such an ability as to steal powers work on a partially cybernetic foe like Gigan? I don't know for sure. Using FW Gigan's size stats, he's bigger and likely a bit stronger than Irys. Irys has lots of tentacles with incredible range, but Gigan's chainsaws could probably hack them apart.

Overall, I'd say that Gigan has this, but by a small margin, due to Irys's tenacity and adaptive fighting style.

wolfguy

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-11-2015 11:47 AM

Going to have to go with Iris.

While he has an interesting design, every one of Gigan's appearances have been disappointing. The character is a coward. In the Showa films, if pressed even slightly, he retreats. He's fine when he has a partner, whether it's Ghidorah or Megalon and they're pressing an advantage. But as soon as he takes a few good hits from Godzilla, he's gone.

In Final Wars, he doesn't fair much better. His match with Godzilla, it's a one shot kill. When he returns, even with all his ungrades, he's done in by a crippled Mothra. In his other appearances, like Godzilla At World's End, he's killed in single's combat by Anguiras.

Gigan's beam weapons would be absorbed by Iris' tentacles and turned back on him. Which would probably in itself be enough to get the cyborg to flee the planet. In melee combat, he may fair a bit better, but Iris' own hook arms were powerful enough to pierce right through Gamera's shell. If the Chainsaws come into play, he'd have somewhat of an advantage, but not enough to kill Iris. Physical attacks didn't seem to bother the creature, and was only done in by Gamera's Mana Shoryuken.

I'll go with Iris.

wolfguy

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-11-2015 11:48 AM

Can't seem to edit my post, so I'll just have to add this here.

When did Gigan ever use a flamethrower?

HeiseiKing

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-11-2015 3:26 PM

Ama go with Gigan, but A gigan with a lost limb, Iris is tough, but not as tough as gigan, his duribilty is much better, and if were putting all the gigans together, His bigger, stronger, and has alot more firepower then Iris, but Iris is not one to back down, her blades are sharp as hell, (Even though Gameras duribility kinda sucks, wonder how many people are gonna hate me now lol) and he could absorb some og Gigans lazers, but ama say Gigan Wins

GG

ModeratorGiganMay-11-2015 3:52 PM

Wolfguy- Since i am using all incarnation's, i used the game Godzilla: Battle Legend's in which Gigan used a Flamethrower.

Good grief.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonMay-11-2015 5:40 PM

Video games shouldn't count. No offense. If they count then Bagan needs a battle. (Sees Gman2887 upset about what I just said about Bagan, turns and runs with tail tucked between legs.) 

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Durp004

MemberBaragonMay-12-2015 6:38 AM

Iris for pretty much everyting Wolfguy said, Gigan had 3 showings in Godzilla movies, and none of them were all that great outside of his first showing when he had King Ghidorah and the Godzilla tower backing him up. Iris was destroying Gamera till Gamera developed yet another power out of nowhere and beat him. 

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaMay-12-2015 10:56 AM

"Iris was destroying Gamera till Gamera developed yet another power out of nowhere and beat him."*

*Used mana.

I'm not sure about this one. We know the durability of the Gamera monsters typically isn't on par with Godzilla's foes. I think Irys might be tailor made to be defeated by Gigan. All those tentacles look ripe for shredding, especially with the chainsaw. It doesn't look like Irys has much in the way of projectile weaponry or flight without them.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganMay-12-2015 1:28 PM

It seems Gigan is slightly faster and more agile, and Gigan could still fight (except 20x weaker) after having the life drained out of him, as it's a cyborg. If Irys gets too close, Gigan has its buzzsaw. Plus a laser bomb.

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

Durp004

MemberBaragonMay-13-2015 4:45 AM

*Used mana.

Used mana in a way never seen before in any of the other movies IE new power.

If Gigan couldn't do more than hit Mothra's huge wings 1 time in his fight with her I don't see him really doing much to Iris, even if the tentacles seem like easy targets.

Just to show how great and mobile Gigan is let's take a look at this

I would show something for Iris but I looked and it's incredibly hard to find the air battle he had with Gamera on youtube

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
72% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
BigGMonsterMan
BigGMonsterMan » Baragon
33% To Next Rank
GojiFan99
GojiFan99 » Mothra Larvae
85% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums