Godzilla Movie

Will Battra return?

5877 Views12 Replies
Forum Topic

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusMay-14-2015 4:13 AM

Battra. The Yin to Mothra's Yang. The vengeful guardian of the earth. Introduced in Godzilla vs Mothra Battle for Earth (which, by the way, I rewatched and Mothra only had TWO BEAMS. The ones from her antennas and the lightning from her wings which went in hand with her reflective scales. I don't know what you people were talking about when you said Mothra had a million beam attacks. Its Mothra Leo, Mothra's son, from the Rebirth of Mothra trilogy who had all the diffrent beams. I was talking about Mothra having those two beams in future films, not Leo.), Battra was a fan favorite. Is it possible that Battra may be in another film? It would be very cool. I found Battra as a very interesting and awesome monster. In Godzilla vs Mothra Battle for Earth, it was mentioned that Mothra fought Battra about 12,000 years ago when Battra was enraged by a advanced civilization. Perhaps there could be a spin off movie about that battle. Battra makes a very interesting Anti-Hero. There has never been a Godzilla vs Battra movie; there is the possiblity of that becoming a movie. So could Battra return? I hope that he may be in another movie. Battra has only been in one movie. He should a least get one more.

battra

Sorry if I sound like a jerk, but I wanted to make a point about Mothra from an earlier topic of mine.

Also, This is not my artwork. The picture was drawn by Matt Frank.

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

12 Replies

Top Hat Gyaos

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-14-2015 6:47 AM

Yas. Moar. Moar Battra. Fear Battra. 

Yes, even GojiFan93 said it himself; I'm sure a spin-off series of films revolving around the two deities would appeal to a lot of people (with the exception of the people who dont really like Mothra). Perhaps a crossover between the Mothra Leo trilogy and the Godzilla series is in order..?

Be yourself, for everyone else is taken.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaMay-14-2015 8:05 AM

(Two beams is still too much for Mothra. And too stupid...)

Battra was one of the movie's stronger qualities. Although I don't hate the film quite like so many others, I think Battra's larva form was fairly impressionable. His adult form was pretty terrible, but I think that was largely just due to how stiff the prop was...

I doubt we'll see him in a movie again any time soon, but I certainly wouldn't mind it.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusMay-14-2015 8:24 AM

^Can we at least agree that Mothra needed them to fight Battra, who has his own beams?

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusMay-14-2015 9:48 AM

^^Or we can agree to disagree, leave it at that and never bring it up again.

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

Durp004

MemberBaragonMay-14-2015 10:22 AM

Who said Mothra hada million beam attacks?

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusMay-14-2015 10:42 AM

^In the comments of an earlier post of mine.

Will Mothra (Imago) have her Heisei abilities in future movies?

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

Durp004

MemberBaragonMay-14-2015 11:04 AM

Well the title said heisie Mothra, which Mothra leo is apart of since the Mothra trilogy came out in that era, or is at least often associated with it.

Durp004

MemberBaragonMay-14-2015 11:06 AM

Either way I don't think Battra will ever return, the monster isn't bad, but it's name, design and story are too close to Mothra, to the point Toho or any other company would jusst go with Mothra instead 

dinoboy22

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-14-2015 1:45 PM

i love battra and i definitely want to see him again

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganMay-14-2015 2:51 PM

I want to see his again, but he most likely won't return.

Imagine Godzilla and Rodan talking to each other in 2018, and Battra comes up saying "FEAR BATTRA".

(Yes, I happen to watch MonsterIslandBuddies)

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

wolfguy

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-14-2015 3:26 PM

Battra was an okay kaiju. Rather on the uninteresting side, though that could be because his backstory wasn't exactly fleshed out. He was stated to be Bizarro-Mothra... and that's about it. Had a cool look though.

If he appears again, I think it'd just be another rehash of Godzilla vs. Mothra. Though, Toho seems fine with repeating the same storyline 2-10 times. The only other storyline I can see that'd make sense is if he's a perverted clone of Mothra's cells created by humanity.

And yes, since it was brought up, I'd like to see even his beams done away with. Since he's a dark Mothra, give him some acidic silk, like the spider-creatures from The Mist. His skills should be a dark, deadly twist on Mothra's own, not Superman Heat-vision.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaMay-14-2015 6:50 PM

^See, now that would've been more interesting of an idea than M0ar B$aMOz!1!! Spitting something acidic actually fits his look more and would've been an excellent reverse of Mothra's scale/powder attack.
No need to turn them both into X-Wings and TIE Fighters to be an interesting battle.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."
Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Monsterzero9
Monsterzero9 » Anguirus
77% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
72% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
BigGMonsterMan
BigGMonsterMan » Baragon
33% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums