Godzilla Movie

The MUTOs Reproductive Cycle

6207 Views1 Replies
Forum Topic

Gigan923

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-16-2015 8:49 AM

Due to the Godzilla skeleton found in the Phillipenes with the MUTO spores inside it, we can determine that the MUTOs during prehistoric times would have located a nearby Godzilla, killed it and then layed their eggs inside it. Now of course, from what we see in the film, the MUTOs instead use a nuclear warhead, an unatural source of radiation, as a food source for when their babies hatch, the nest being dug into the road. I can understand why they didn't kill Godzilla in the movie and use his corpse as a nest for the eggs, since they were unaware of where he was. However, what exactly do the MUTOs do during the scene where the female and male meet? I mean, I know the male gives the female the warhead as a food item for their young, but notice how she seems to hold it close to her egg sac before digging the nest? I think that by doing that, she was fertilising the eggs. That means that in prehistoric times, the MUTOs would have needed an unatural source of radiation small enough to fertilise the eggs before a Godzilla could be killed and be used as a nest. Here's what I think courtship for the MUTOs would have been like millions of years ago, and please note that this ties in to my own origins for Rodan for the sequel, which I recommend you read before this to understand what I am suggesting.

The females and males would call to each other using echolocation, and travel to each other to meet. Before encountering the female, the male would locate the nearest nearby Godzilla before flying over to a volcano where Rodans would hang around and nest. The male would gather a Rodan's egg cluster into it's mouth, with the eggs being irradiated unaturally from their parents and the volcano, before meeting the female and giving the stolen egg cluster to her so she could fertilise her eggs. Then, the pair would find the Godzillla the male had discovered before, kill it, and have the female lay her eggs inside it. She would guard the nest, with the male bringing her food and water by containing them in his jaw but not swallowing them. Then, once the babies hatched, the female would leave them to their own fate and cut her ties with the male.

What do you think? Please correct me on any errors I may have made and leave your thoughts! I apologise for this post being so long!

1 Replies

Durp004

MemberBaragonJul-16-2015 11:04 AM

If that was the case the species would be asexual with there not needing to be a male or female since simply radiation fertilized the eggs. The fact both sexes exist gives us some insight into what happened after they met which I won't go into. 

The muto itself is a very confusing animal in its reproduction. When we first see them there are simply 2 spores and 2 mutos, but when they mate there were hundreds this leads the question of why were there only 2 in the opening it's clear they have a much larger brood at the end, all of which appear to be firtilized due to the small amount of movement. They apparently adapt extremely fast from birth taking as little as maybe a day to hatch, but that was judging by their eggs in the final sequence the caccoons or whatever are much larger at the beginning. They clearly aren't mature inside those either since the male needs to go to Janjira for a decade.

I think that anything radioactive is used as some incubator, whether that be a warhead, a monster the parents killed, or maybe just one that was dying and had its body used, but honestly in correlation to the ending the beginning where and how they're found doesn't make much sense, it appears they were going off the very early draft of the movie where the MUTOs were pretty much hunting Godzilla to lay eggs inside him. This got thrown out for the final product, but seems like they couldn't think of a better way to find them so they threw in the original idea in a more vague nonconnecting way. 

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Monsterzero9
Monsterzero9 » Anguirus
77% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
72% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
BigGMonsterMan
BigGMonsterMan » Baragon
33% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums