Godzilla Movie

Angry Joe Godzilla Game review

6238 Views24 Replies
Forum Topic

razg

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-29-2015 1:52 AM

You guys should watch Angry Joe Godzilla Game Review, it is hilarious.

*Video embedded by Svanya
24 Replies

Svanya

AdminGiganJul-29-2015 8:19 AM

Love Angry Joe.

Triple X

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-29-2015 8:35 AM

I don't know if they mention it anywhere or in the video, but the PS3 and the PS4 Version are exactly the same, except the PS4 just has a a bit sharper textures. But models, environments and effects remain exactly the same.

Developer Natsume Atari is known for games like Harvest Moon and the Gundam series. Nuff said …

GG

ModeratorGiganJul-29-2015 9:16 AM

^ The game is meant for hardcore fans, the developer mentioned that himself! The graphics to the gameplay is suppose to feel like Godzilla. You know how he trips and falls sometimes? Or when he is blasted the game is suppose to emulate the slowness and power of this tank that is Godzilla.

Good grief.

Triple X

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-29-2015 9:39 AM

@GorillaGodzilla - A Developer would say anything to get his game on the market and to people to buy it – that is how advertising works.

I seriously don't get why people defend this game. I am a big Godzilla Fan myself and i dislike this game because the developers clearly just wanted to jump on the hype with all the Godzilla movies coming up. The game is totaly unfinished, unbalanced and buggy as hell. The clipping is bad, the graphics are bad, the controlls are bad and there are no excuses for that, and yet still people say it is for hardcore fans. No, just No.

If this game is satisfactory for hardcore fans, then this is actually a really sad thing. I won't defent it, because if i do, we will never get a better game. Namco will go on and give the license to some cheap developers which will produce a #$@&%* of a game just to satisfy the hardcore fanboys.

Look at all the other Games like the Witcher, Naruto, Dark Souls, Soul Calibur, Dragon Ball etc. There are enough Developers that work vor Namco that could have made it better.

Durp004

MemberBaragonJul-29-2015 10:37 AM

Wow 40 minutes he must really rip into this game.

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-29-2015 12:28 PM

I'm so tire dof this game getting ripped on. It needs all the support it can get, because Bandai Namco has expressed interest in making more games. If this game manages to make a profit and show that there is a market for new Godzilla games, then Namco might bother to set aside a reasonable budget and timetable, and make an even better game. If all people do is say "This game is s*** and has PS2 graphics," Namco will just let go of the Godzilla license and we may have to wait another 10 years for another Godzilla game.

Bandai Namco showed that they could make a Godzilla game that looks and feels exactly like the films. Western reviewers may have completely crapped on it, but it was well-received in Japan, and the fanbase has overall embraced it. Hopefully, this encourages Bandai Namco to put more time, money, and effort into future games, and truly deliver the ultimate Godzilla game. This game has plenty of flaws and shortcomings, but it doesn't deserve anywhere near the criticism it has received. It was designed to cater specifically to hardcore Godzilla fans and emulate the films as closely as possible. And you know what? It succeeded. You can say it has "PS2 Graphics" and that "only fanboys like it" all you want, but this game accomplished exactly what it set out to do. And hopefully, this means that even higher-quality authentic Godzilla games are coming in the near future.

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

pleeper

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-29-2015 2:46 PM

@DESTOROYAHX The PS3 and PS4 versions are not exactly the same, only the PS4 version has the online multiplayer. I don't think they were able to acheive multiplayer on PS3, but don't qoute me on that.

bioniczillafan04

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-29-2015 4:34 PM

I'm sorry but I only watched the first four minutes of his hate rant and I'm sorry to all of his fans but he's a dick.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonJul-29-2015 7:07 PM

I'm going to be completely honest here. This game as the king of the monsters said, needs all the support it can get. It's by far the best Godzilla game to date. The graphics are outstanding! The story is breathtaking, and every monster is playable. I've been playing this game with my 8 year old nephew and it's just amazing. It's definitely made for us die hard Godzilla fans. You will spend hours playing this! 

So, it's not made for typical gamers. You all honestly going to let people who have nothing better to do than to make hate rants and do everything they can to talk sh×× about this? People like this are nothing but idiots who have no life and have nothing better to do than play games for a living while having their thumb up their a$$. It's not coming from a fan boy when I say this but, it's one of the best games I have ever played. I won't lie and say my nephew hasn't beaten my butt on it but, he has. I'm glad to have bought this for him and being able to pass this great monster down to him and hopefully his next brother. 

This guy ranting on this game just needs a arse kicking. He can talk sh## about it all he wants, but, truth be th told, he's got nothing better to do. 

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Triple X

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-29-2015 11:10 PM

@ Pleeper - You're right; it has no Multiplayer and Space Godzilla is missing.

@ Huge-Ben - A 40 min. rant about the game is utterly stupid and unneccesary. But he has some valid points. Objectively, this game is a disaster. Subjectively, the dream of every hardcore Godzilla fan.

@ The King Of The Monsters - Japan glorifies Godzilla to a point that is just ridiculous. He even became an official citizen. Saying that it is well-received and overall embraced in Japan, doesn't make it a good game. Seriously they even sell Godzilla Poop Candy.

Namco Bandai is not going to put more money or time into another Godzilla game. That is not how it works. If a cheap produced game sells well, they stay on that path. They also won't invest in new Godzilla games, since it failed in the west; which is an very importand market for the game industrie!

What really bothers me at this point is that people don't get the fact that this game is poorly produced, They knew that some hardcore fans were going to invest int it, despite the fact that this game is far from being a finished product.

dinoboy22

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-30-2015 3:49 AM

while a game for us hardcore fans is great the sad truth is we are kind of a minority. they really shouldve focused on every fan not just the hardcore ones 

Durp004

MemberBaragonJul-30-2015 4:43 AM

I feel like people are getting so caught up in wanting this game to succeed and wanting it to be good they aren't looking at the big picture. I haven't played the game so I can only go off what I've seen and what reviews have stated.

Sure the monsters in the game look amazing, great design, nice moves, and the roars sound amazing. That doesn't forgive the gameplay arguably the biggest part of the game. Another game that had great sound effects, iconic looking weapons and a lot of things for the fans was Aliens Colonial Marines. That game basically did everything this one did to some extent, but the gameplay was horrible. God awful glitchy and repetitive, and from the looks this game is pretty similar. That doesn't mean everything that was done for the fans is for naught you can still appreciate those things while playing it, but it doesn't change that the gameplay sucks. It doesn't change that the story doesn't offer anything. To have a fighting game with no form of blocks, and different monsters with different attacks probably makes the game incredibly unbalanced. A lack of matchmaking means that people that grind will always destroy the one that is new, unless by some miracle they're some prodigy at the game. 

Either way I think we need to look at the games we've gotten: Destroy all Monsters, and Save the Earth seem to run circles around this game in most categories and those came out over a decade ago.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonJul-30-2015 8:21 AM

Not sure how much I agree with the destroy all monsters and save the earth running circles around this game. I think it's the complete opposite. So, with you not playing the game yourself, just going off of reviews, you're going to deny the game to? You can say that now but, I guaranteed that you will say different once you play it.

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Durp004

MemberBaragonJul-30-2015 9:40 AM

I was never that interested in this game to be honest. As the news came out it was never a game I was going to invest into, and from the ridiculous cost of making it a full priced $60 there was little that made me want to get it. That being said I did look at a decent amount of reviews and watched gameplay to see if I needed to reconsider. If it was just one or two reviews listing a few problems I'd probably give the game the benefit of the doubt and maybe look into buying it. Of course basically every review lists the same problems, so chances are they are there. Being a hardcore fan doesn't really change these things. It might make you want to forgive them more, something I understand having preordered Aliens Colonial Marines. You want to like the game so you get so attached to the little things for the fans you miss the big picture. The fact Save the Earth came out so long ago and has more things in it than a new game is pretty bad. I mean no split screen? That along with the zero matchmaking means, and trust me I know since I've watched this happen with a game I loved, the online vs mode will essentiall kill itself, then due to no split screen in half a year you'll be left with just the story, which has been called repetitive across the board. 

I don't think I'd feel all that different after playing it, maybe I'd give it more leeway, but nothing really big. The fact you need to play it so much repeatedly just to unlock all the monsters is a pretty is a pretty bad design flaw. You may like the game and enjoy it along with a few other people, I mean hell it's not unheard of for games with horrible reviews to get small followings backing it hardcore, but I don't think that makes it a good game, or something everyone should unconditionally back due to it simply having Godzilla and the fanbase really wanting more acceptance for that character in the west.

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-30-2015 10:25 AM

@DestoroyahX Godzilla is more popular in Japan, yes, but that doesn't mean the Japanese people will just eat up any new Godzilla-related thing that comes out there. If that were the case, all of the Millennium series films would have been box office hits. People in Japan understand the appeal of the game more, and are able to see past the fact that the game was obviously rushed and flawed. In the west, gamers see this game and just say "lol this has ps2 grafix, it's s***." This game didn't get perfect scores in Japan, but it didn't get 2s and 3s out of 10.

And the producers of this game have said many times that if this game is successful, they'd like to work on a much better and more sophisticated game. The game's producer, Shunsuke Fujita, has said multiple times that he laments the tight budget and shedule the game had, and wanted to do a lot more with the game. He said he hoped that if the game sold well enough, Bandai Namco would let him and the development team work on a more expensive and complete game. Now, you could be a pessimist and say "Oh well he's just saying that," but I try to be positive when I can and take him at his word. Namco will know how badly this game did in the West, and if they make another game they will be sure to make it much better. If not, they will just abandon the Godzilla license altogether, and we will have to wait years for another game, which might take a step back.

People are just pessimistic and negative about everything that comes out these days. If a game isn't perfect or an AAA title or gets negative reviews, nobody gives it a chance and just rips on it. This game is clearly a tribute to the series, and I applaud it for that. It put all of its time and budget into nailing every detail about the monsters. As a result, the gameplay suffered a bit, but again it's not like this game was marketed to the general public. This game was made by fans, for fans, and in general, fans enjoyed the game. That's all we can ask for at this point.

I have the right to defend this game, because I enjoy playing it, and I can see what the developers were going for when they made it. The game could have been better, yes, but I'm not going to just jump on the bandwagon of people saying "It's s***, how can you defend it, you moron? lol." So, if you don't like the game, don't play it. I will continue enjoying it, and eagerly hoping for and awaiting Bandia Namco's next Godzilla game.

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

GG

ModeratorGiganJul-30-2015 10:29 AM

All these things that you guys are asking for, blocking, better movement, aiming, since when has Godzilla done that?

In the films does he ever block an enemies attack? No, does he aim his beam perfectly? No, does he run fast and do flying kicks? Well yes and no.

Good grief.

ZillaJrKaijuKing

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-30-2015 3:39 PM

While I do want this game to get a sequel and while I was disappointed over all of the negative reviews, it's not right to say anyone who gives it a bad review is an ignorant non-fan.  The arguments that this game is "for hardcore fans" can't excuse the gameplay issues, and there seem to be a lot of problems with the game.  No local multiplayer?  A nearly broken control scheme?  A tutorial that fails to explain all of the essentials?  A campaign with zero balance and a single, dull, repetitive goal for every level?  It looks like the developers cut a lot of corners and focused too much on a poorly-implemented campaign mode when they should have focused more on the combat.  They need to do a better job next time.  Poor game design shouldn't be excused by nostalgia or fan bias.

The fact that the main defense for this game is "it's for hardcore fans" is not a good sign considering this is generally an argument against a game.

If the Japanese audience likes the game, then good for them.  Hopefully they'll be enough to convince Bandai Namco to make a better sequel.

@HUGE-BEN

This isn't just some ranter who "has nothing better to do."  He's a game reviewer.  This is his job.  It's not his job to let fan feelings sugarcoat the glaring problems in a game.  He said himself he's a die-hard fan who's been wanting a good Godzilla game for years.  It's not like he didn't provide evidence for his claims, either.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonJul-30-2015 3:58 PM

So, I can get paid to review games? Where can I go to apply for this job? I seriously doubt he's getting paid to review this stuff, if he is, great for him. I'll admit. Getting use to the controls of the gameplay is a little frustrating at first but, when you get used to it, you can kick some serious kaiju butt. The game has flaws, yes, but every game does. I'm not much of a gamer myself anymore like I used to be. Working 12 hour shifts really takes a toll on you when you do it for your whole life. However, I can honestly say that this game is fun as hell. I bought it for my nephew and he loves it. He always wants me to come down to play it with him. 

So, I'll like the game regardless of reviews or anyone else who wants to hate it.

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-30-2015 3:59 PM

^ I never said the game's fanservice excused all of its flaws or that anyone who didn't like it was an "ignorant non-fan," I was merely stating that the game did a very good job catering to diehard Godzilla fans, and that it did exactly what it set out to do. People blindly hate on the game just because they read negative reviews or see other people say it has "PS2 graphics." I believe at least 90% of all people who criticize the game and constantly put it down have never even played it.

I've followed this game ever since its announcement. The developers made it clear that this was a project driven by their affection for the Godzilla series and that they didn't have as many resources to make the game as they would have liked. But they put a lot of effort into faithfully recreating the monsters from the films. That counts for something. No, it doesn't fix the game's numerous problems, but this game provides the foundation for what could be an excellent Godzilla game. They nailed the authenticity and affection for the source material, now future games need to focus on expanding the gameplay and innovating on various fronts. But we need to be accepting of this game and show that we want more Godzilla games in the future. There's a difference between constructively criticizing the game and blindly blasting it, which is what numerous people have been doing. Despite the game's flaws, I am able to enjoy it immensely, more than any other Godzilla game I've played.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonJul-30-2015 4:04 PM

I agree with the king of the monsters. 

ZillaJrKaijuKing

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-30-2015 5:31 PM

@THE KING OF THE MONSTERS

Oh, I wasn't talking about you specifically.  I've just seen a lot of comments that seem to imply that reviewers don't know what they're saying simply because they gave the game low scores.  I really do want to see a sequel with improvements.  It's just that some people seem to be trying too hard to justify some of these faults, plenty of which really shouldn't have been allowed to happen (i.e. the tutorial not explaining the "evade" feature, which itself has its fair share of problems). 

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-30-2015 6:19 PM

^ The "evade" function has a tutorial prompt on the first actual stage. It says "press R2 to perform Godzilla's emergency dodge move when the temperature gauge is full."

Triple X

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-31-2015 9:55 AM

@ Huge Ben - Yes you can get paid by reviewing games. Felix Kjellberg, known to fans as PewDiePie, records himself playing video games and uploads his reactions on YouTube. He currently has 37 million subscribers and generates over $4 million in ad sales per year. He earned $7.2 million in 2014.

wolfguy

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-01-2015 8:00 PM

Nothing but apologists. So craving for ANY droplet from Godzilla's tit that you'll defend it, good or bad.

I'm as hardcore as they come, but the game is bad. If it were a $10-$15 download, it may be somewhat excusable. But a whopping $49-$59 dollars? Yeah... go to hell. This is game is right in the same line as One Piece Pirate Warriors and other budget downloadable titles... rehashing the same levels, same enemies, same limited space, and same objectives over and over and over again with minimal effort. Only difference is, those are generally $15-$20. This Game demands full price.

This game is for Godzilla fans who don't actually play many games. Above the bugs, glitches, bad levels (monsters look okay, but the cities and destruction are terrible), repetitive levels... it commits the greatest gaming sin. It's boring.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Monsterzero9
Monsterzero9 » Anguirus
77% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
72% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
BigGMonsterMan
BigGMonsterMan » Baragon
33% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums