Godzilla Movie

Should G.Z. fight kaiju without arms or less than 4 legs in Edwards sequels?

1968 Views1 Replies
Forum Topic

goingdistance8

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-20-2015 7:12 PM

I see some people saying that Godzilla will fight monsters like Mothra and Rodan in upcoming movies.  Do you guys think the creators of the new movies are likely to have this happen or it is a good idea for the style of the new movies?

It seems having Godzilla fighting monsters that don't have any arms or legs that can be used like arms could make what can be done in fights fairly limited.  With Mothra it seems they have had her fire 'laser'-like beams in past movies while fighting, but this seems like it might be at odds with the style of the Edwards movie.  

I think if a movie was made where Godzilla only fought Mothra or another monster or monsters that also lack arms or legs that can be used like arms and fight by firing things similar to laser beams this will probably make the movie too farfetched if the movie has a style similar to the first Edwards movie.  I think it also would be extremely hard to somehow make the movie have enough variety in the fighting to be at least okay in entertaining most viewers.

I guess Rodan can sort of be given arms that are a part of their wings that would work well enough while fighting by making Rodan look similar to some kind of large dinosaur while staying with the style I mentioned, but I'm not sure how Mothra could have something like that without making a monster that is too farfetched for something like the first movie's style.

I also think it might be hard to have King Ghidorah not be too farfetched in a sequel with a style similar to the first movie.  Ghidorah could also suffer from the potential problem I mentioned about not having arms or legs that could be used like arms and the problem of firing things like laserbeams too much.  

Also, I'm not sure how you could have him be three-headed either without being too farfetched.  Possibly you could have two of his heads not be real heads, but rather limbs that can grasp like pincers or two fingered hands.  It might be two weird for him to fire things like laserbeams from there, however.  These two limbs could have coloring that makes them look similar to his real head with the explanation being that they are something that evolved to protect Ghidorah or Ghidorah's evolutionary ancestor's actual head by misleading predators to what is actually it's head.  This could be similar to how some animals have things called eyespots (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyespot_%28mimicry%29).

Additionally, I'm also not sure what sort of animal Ghidorah would be like in a sequel of similar style.  Would it be explicitly said in the movie or have it be possible for the audience to believe based on information in the movie that Ghidorah developed from/is similar to a lizard, a dinosaur, an insect, some sort of hybrid of a lizard/dinosaur and an insect?

Another things to consider with Ghidorah is that it might not be a good idea in terms of entertaining audiences to introduce a monster so similar to Godzilla as Ghidorah so early on in a series of movies.  Audiences might find the idea boring because many might think that the monsters are too similar to each other and possibly too similar to two humans of similar size fighting each other.

So what do you guys think about what I've written?  It's fine if you respond to only part of what I've said above.

1 Replies

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaSep-20-2015 8:46 PM

"I see some people saying that Godzilla will fight monsters like Mothra and Rodan in upcoming movies.  Do you guys think the creators of the new movies are likely to have this happen or it is a good idea for the style of the new movies?"

It's not that fans are saying it, CEO of Legendary Pictures announced that Rodan, Mothra and King Ghidorah would be joining the Legendary/WB Godzilla universe at Comic Con 2014.

And with King Kong in the blueprints, it seems clear they intend on further suspending belief with monsters like King Ghidorah which I think needs a fairly ambiguous origin with hints of extraterrestrial roots, much like the original. It can work if done delicately.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."
Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
SasquaDash
SasquaDash » Anguirus
89% To Next Rank
Monsterzero9
Monsterzero9 » Anguirus
77% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
71% To Next Rank
Moldovan0731
Moldovan0731 » Baragon
28% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums