Godzilla Movie

Movie Tournament Game 22 - Godzilla vs. Mothra '92 x Terror of MechaGodzilla

2560 Views6 Replies
Forum Topic

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaOct-13-2015 10:58 PM

GMK moves up after beating Godzilla 2000 11 to 8.

GAME 22:
Godzilla vs. Mothra '92 x Terror of MechaGodzilla

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."
6 Replies

Durp004

MemberBaragonOct-14-2015 11:58 AM

Although I'm of the opinion Godzilla vs Mothra 92 is better than most people give it credit for, it's not near the level of Terror or Mechagodzilla.

Something Real

MemberGodzillaOct-14-2015 2:28 PM

GMAN2887 - I will cast my vote firmly in favor of The Terror of Mechagodzilla! It is, in my opinion, far superior to Godzilla vs. Mothra ('92)! :)

Ray Burrberry

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-14-2015 8:33 PM

I vote for Terror of Mechagodzilla. 

Chief

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-15-2015 3:41 PM

Terror of Mechagodzilla was pretty sweet.  It was streaming on Netflix not long ago.  The parts of the film that stuck out the most to me are the intro (AWESOME music) and Showa G's best entrance.  Titanosaurus was a neat monster too.

While Godzilla vs. Mothra was pretty good, it doesn't compare.  I appreciate it for introducing Battra, but the rest was pretty standard as far as G & Mothra flicks go, 

EmptyH

MemberBaragonOct-15-2015 7:21 PM

Terror of Mechagodzilla for me. I enjoy both the daikaiju story and human story more. Also, besides Godzilla, Titanosaurus has my favorite daikaiju roar.

Host of the podcast Giant Monster Messages where we watch EVERY giant monster film and look for the messages.

wolfguy

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-15-2015 9:54 PM

This seems pretty unanimous so far. Terror of MechaGodzilla is simply the superior film. There really shouldn't even be much of a debate here. If you break down Godzilla vs. Mothra, it simply takes story elements from the original Mothra and Mothra vs. Godzilla, with it's only original contribution being Battra. I will say that it has the superior score however, but only because I've always held the various Mothra themes in high regard.

The human element is simply better, where the various characters actually contribute to the conflict and advance the plot in interesting ways, and even play a role in the finale. The characters in Godzilla vs. Mothra just disappear after Mothra rises from her caccoon. Even the characters in the original Mothra vs. Godzilla had something to do. Many have pointed out rather accurately that it was a rather BS subplot, but it was at least something.

The monster action of Terror far outclasses Godzilla vs. Mothra. The Heisei series, at that point, was getting into it's "beam battle" faze, where the suits became bulkier and bulkier where the only real action they could showcase is just a big laser fight. Otherwise, it's just the overweight suits and muppets bumping awkwardly against each other with sparks flying everywhere. MechaGodzilla's Counter-Attack's action is so vibrant and fast paced, with all of the suits capable of full ranged, and swift motion. The close-ups of Titanosaurus and Godzilla boxing are a first and only for the series.

The way Terror is filmed, you could tell they were pulling out all of the stops. Last film by Ishiro Honda, and supposedly the last Godzilla film (at the time), and it shows. He always had a way of filming that made these monsters seem truly titanic, mostly shooting from a lower angle looking up. But his films have a true feel of their own that seems to have been lost. The only one "recent" or modern film I can say captured that similar style/feel is probably Godzilla vs. Biollante... and that was 26 years ago.

I like Godzilla vs. Mothra, but it doesn't hold a candle to Terror of MechaGodzilla.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Xenotaris
Xenotaris » Gigan
87% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
73% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums