Godzilla Movie

Could Shin-Gojira have survived and be recovering from the Oxygen Destroyer?

6044 Views11 Replies
Forum Topic

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusJan-04-2016 4:57 AM

By now, most of you have seen the leaked design of Shin-Gojira. He looks like he's regrowing his flesh after taking significant damage from something. Some think it could have been damage from the H-Bomb. I doubt that theory. Given Godzilla's atomic nature, it doesn't seem plasuible to me. But given the fact that he is regenerating and looks horrifyingly grotesque, I thought to myself, "what could cause that?" What if Shin-Gojira survived the Oxygen Destroyer? Think about it. The movie is supposed to take us back to Gojira's roots. That means a nightmareish, nuclear force of destruction and the weapon that turned him to a pile of bones. What if a part of him survived? Its not impossible. In Godzilla against MechaGodzilla, they said they recovered a piece of the original Godzilla's DNA from cells inside the spine. That may mean that at least a small part of Gojira could have survived. Then, given Gojira's unrelenting will and several decades of undistrubed hibernation (because no one is going to do look for the skeletion of a giant, city destroying monster), Shin-Gojira may have recovered, but have been horrible mutated by the affects of a long recovery. Remember how grotesque Destoroyah looked, and it was also mutated by the Oxygen Destroyer. If the movie is connected to 1954, which all relaunches are (even Legendary's was loosely connected), it may be that Shin-Gojira survived the Oxygen Destroyer and when into a forced state of stasis to recover while his body regrew. I have mixed feelings about whether I'm actually right or not, but it is a good theory.

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

11 Replies

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaJan-04-2016 10:04 AM

Personally, I don't think this movie will connect with the 1954 film at all. I think it's largely a complete reboot, starting from scratch, and this is the first time Godzilla has attacked Japan.

I don't have much to go on with that theory except that Toho's done the whole "sequel to the original" enough and it would be a fresh idea to start from the ground up for a change.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Jamaal

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-04-2016 11:05 AM

I like the idea of Godzilla being in a state of regeneration, and that this should take place over the course of the film (or, even a part of it). That would be visually arresting and a source for great narrative points and exposition, if the explanation is reasonbly plausible. With Hideaki Anno penning this, I do not anticipate instances of LWS (Lazy Writing Syndrome) that we were subjected to in some of the more recent films, where things were not sufficiently explained in a way that made sense ("Somehow, I managed to escape").

There is a marked difference between the recently leaked photos and the poster released weeks ago. So it would appear that Godzilla is regenerating (perhaps after either the Bomb or the Oxygen Destroyer), as Gman suggested in his article. If it's the latter, Shin Gojira could be taking place within the universe of the first film. If it's the former, perhaps it is a complete reboot, a total retelling of the Godzilla story anew. 

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusJan-04-2016 11:24 AM

GMAN2887, You sort of missed my point. My point wasn't whether the new movie will be connected to the original 1954 (though, I may make a topic of it), it is whether or not Shin-Gojira's look is the result of recovering from the Oxygen Destroyer.

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

Jamaal

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-04-2016 11:33 AM

I know that with the leaked photos (a mistake, by the way) and the officially released poster the emphasis has been on how Godzilla will look. But I have just as much concern about the writing and the story itself. But it's a good concern. I'm anticipating a well-thought out, moving and compelling narrative, with a message, but, without being preachy. And I do not expect the characters to be standing around, making long speeches about what got us into this mess in the first place. Dialogue and direction that helps us bond with the characters will be welcome. Hideaki Anno said (quoted from August Ragone's excellent blog, "The Good, The Bad and Godzilla"), " but I’m under pressure to make a visual effects fantasy film representative of modern Japan, with the full awareness of our current situation, which will be subjected to intentions both good and bad."

With this I am anticipating a story that is relevant, topical, moving and thought-provoking.

Mechani-Kong

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-04-2016 5:43 PM

That was my theory too. Shin Godzilla's design has a lot of similarities with Godzilla '54 too (from the poster anyways).

I imagine a lot of the terror will come from Godzilla appearing again after all these years, having regenerated slowly from his demise in Gojira. The japanese will be awestruck and shitting themselves.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonJan-05-2016 4:54 PM

Before I say what I'm about to say, I want everyone to know that this isn't an insult.

I'm curious on where everyone is getting that this is the 54' original Godzilla coming back to life? 

The 54' Godzilla was 50 meters, 164 feet tall. He was killed by the oxygen destroyer. Melted down to bones. This "Shin" Godzilla is 118.5 meters tall, or 389 feet. I'm curious how his bones are going to grow to that size when that Godzilla died? 

Is it recovering from the oxygen destroyer? No. I highly doubt it. Especially with the size difference. 

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

wolfguy

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-05-2016 6:43 PM

@ Huge Ben - Those were my thoughts too. 

If it is a sequel, it's not a very well thought out one. If it's an entirely new beginning, then that works for me. It's personally what I hope for. It looks like the original '54 Godzilla because that's the film they wanted to make. Bring back the original, but that doesn't necessarily mean a sequel.

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusJan-06-2016 4:23 AM

^Here's a possiblity. If they connect it to the original, they can say that the 1954 Godzilla was immature and still growing. That could work. Or say that whatever is causing him to regenerate also mutated him and caused him to grow. Or, since it's a relaunch, they can say he was a different size. Godzilla 1984 had an 80 meter Godzilla and it was still connected to the 1954 movie. It's just a theory. Not all theories are right. Eventually, we'll know how the movie is going to work, and if my theory is right, it's right. If not, oh well, I tried.

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

ConstintineOOO

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-21-2016 4:01 PM

Maybe it will be from a completely different oxygen destroyer. I could see the movie starting with a short remake of the first movie ( like a small sumary ) and then continues with him waking up for whatever reason. He'll alredy start off a lot bigger so it won't be weird for him to come back a lot bigger. Maybe a powerplant meltdown will be the cause of his wake either way. 

~ Just a theory ~

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaJan-22-2016 9:20 AM

^I feel like the Fukushima disaster will tie into the film more directly. Images of it were hinted at in the 2014 film, but they never really explored it. I think this movie has an opportunity to do just that.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

I Meme Everything

MemberGiganApr-17-2016 7:49 AM

I agree, and I think that is why parts of him are different from the rest of his body.  These may be scars from the oxygen destroyer, and Godzilla is back with a vengeance.  It may have caused him to become larger (he's even larger than Legendary's Godzilla).

"Part of the journey is the end..."

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Monsterzero9
Monsterzero9 » Anguirus
77% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
72% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
BigGMonsterMan
BigGMonsterMan » Baragon
33% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums