Godzilla Movie

Godzilla Merchandise And GDBR Ideas

5359 Views20 Replies
Forum Topic

ManOnTheSilverMountain

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-23-2016 3:29 PM

I'd really like to see figures of the Marvel Godzilla and the Stan Winston Godzilla. It doesn't matter to me what company makes them, or what line they'll be in. I'd also like to see the Marvel Godzilla and the Stan Winston Godzilla in the Godzilla Daikaiju Battle Royale game.

20 Replies

gojira19

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-23-2016 4:11 PM

Well, the nearest thing to the Marvel Godzilla will be when the Shin Godzilla figures will came out. check the vid for reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yahzpR5oqGo

Anyway, for Stan Wilson figure it's OK; but I also would like the Gryphon could see the light of the day

ManOnTheSilverMountain

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-23-2016 4:27 PM

@gojira19

That wasn't for figures, that was just a reaction to the new Godzilla's design.

ManOnTheSilverMountain

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-23-2016 4:28 PM

@gojira19

But yes, it would be cool to see those designs in figure form, and in Godzilla Daikaiju Battle Royale.

leaper

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-23-2016 6:07 PM

that is a good idea

gojira19

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-23-2016 7:01 PM

@ManOnTheSilverMountain 

I know it's a reaction, but as it's shown there, Shin Godzilla have a slight resemblance to the Marvel one. It can be seen in the Meme. The same big mouth and little eyes. LOL!!

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaJan-23-2016 8:26 PM

I could go for a WinstonGoji. That would be one hell of a collector's item if Toho allowed it. (Unlikely.) I think both the Marvel and Hanna Barbera Godzillas deserve releases as well. After that I could even welcome the '98 animated Godzilla.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Durp004

MemberBaragonJan-24-2016 4:48 AM

The idea of how expensive a figure of the Stan Winston Godzilla would cost would be insane.

leaper

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-24-2016 8:14 AM

@gojira19 except marvel godzilla doesn't have that demonic face

@Gman2887 1. why do you think it's unlikely

2. it would be cool to see merchandise of them , and it would be even better for them to be included in GDBR like ManOnTheSilverMountain said

@Durp004 what makes you think it would be crazy expensive

gojira19

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-24-2016 10:30 AM

@leaper

Seriously?Yes it has  a different expression, but actually it doesn't look threatening to me in anyway, just ugly. I commented before that I told to my 10 year old cousin, another die hard G fan, about the concept behind this design after his disappointment for this design. He told me that isn't scary, it's plain ugly and dumb looking.

I'm agree with him.

leaper

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-24-2016 1:09 PM

@gojira19 it's really not that bad

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaJan-24-2016 1:46 PM

Yeah, when I want to feel good about my opinion I typically make sure a 10 year old agrees with me.

Leaper,
Apparently Toho already shut down NECA's plans for a Marvel Godzilla and "Ghost" Godzilla from the unmade film. So it doesn't look like they're interested in having designs outside the film series made. (Although the Sakai Godzilla 2000 from SH Monsterarts seems to be an exception.)

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

ManOnTheSilverMountain

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-24-2016 1:49 PM

@Gman2887 I wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions. There are still posibillities.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaJan-24-2016 1:57 PM

Indeed, but evidence as is points to said possibilities being slim right now.

gojira19

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-24-2016 4:01 PM

@Gman2887 Various of my family members grew up with Godzilla movies, and none of them liked the desing. I keep my opinion that it could be better, even there are artists like Matt Frank who already did a good work using his style on it. You should expect not everyone would like it, we have free opinion.

gojira19

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-24-2016 4:22 PM

BTW, I had been trying to post a topic, but whenever I do it the following message appears: Unknown column 'forum_id' in 'field list'

Do anyone know what is happening?

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaJan-24-2016 4:29 PM

Site maintenance, likely. Big changes happening in the coming week(s).

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonJan-24-2016 5:30 PM

@Gojira19,

Free opinion? Sure. We all have free opinion.

Various family members don't like the design? That's perfectly fine as well.

I find it rather humorous to be honest at this point for any Godzilla fan to despise or even dislike the Shin Godzilla design. I showed my 8 year old nephew and he loves it. I showed my mom who is a year older than Godzilla and said "that's the old Godzilla I like." And she's not even a huge Godzilla fan like us. I showed my brother in law and he said it was awesome. I showed my sister who said "wow, that thing isn't gonna be friendly." 

I'm not saying we should or shouldn't agree with everything. All I'm saying is for the "fans" in general who dislike it, are probably the same fans who once hated the G14 design. 

To be honest, the "fans" are often their own worst enemy. At some point in time, everyone who hates it now, will love it when a newer design is released and that's something that has been happening ever since the millennium series if not longer. 

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

gojira19

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-24-2016 5:54 PM

Of course Ben, it's just matter of tastes; but the movie won't necessarily change the appreciation over the design. For example, GMk is indeed a well executed movie, one of the best of the series; but I still don't like the G design nor his background there.

Again, is just matter of tastes

wolfguy

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-18-2016 10:57 AM

GMK? One of the best? Ha! That movies a bit of a cheap mess.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaMar-18-2016 3:35 PM

This just in: One of the best Godzilla movies is a "cheap mess". Opinions on all other movies recalled pending further investigation.

In other news, fandom minority continues to use non-argument that a majority position doesn't make them right.

And now the weather: Overcast, with a ray of sunshine.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Monsterzero9
Monsterzero9 » Anguirus
77% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
72% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
BigGMonsterMan
BigGMonsterMan » Baragon
33% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums