Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) Movie

Godzilla 2 Movie

Godzilla: King of the Monsters arrives in:

Godzilla 2 Movie Poster

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (Godzilla 2) is the upcoming sequel to Legendary Pictures' and Warner Bros. Pictures' Godzilla (2014) movie. Directed by Michael Dougherty, Godzilla: King of the Monsters will see the introduction of other Toho monsters Rodan, Mothra and King Ghidorah. All three superspecies will vie for dominance of Earth and Godzilla will rise again to restore nature's balance.

Alternative Godzilla designs give the King of Monsters a radical new look!

Alternative Godzilla designs give the King of Monsters a radical new look!

Godzilla the King of Monsters has gone through a number of redesigns during his cinematic career. He's been classified from everything between a Dinosaur, prehistoric superspecie, God and even a plant... yes, a plant. With each new incarnation usually comes a fresh appearance and in most cases, G-fans are usually opposed to redesigns of Gojira at first but generally come to accept the changes after they witness the new Godzilla incarnation in action. However, some alternative Godzilla designs have been too radical in the past to consider for a feature film inspiration, the following artwork I'm sharing with you today does not seem to fall into that category. The following Godzilla head renders were created by freelance concept artist wietze and they depict Godzilla as more of a reptilian behemoth, rather than the more amphibious / mammalian designs of previous versions. Although the following is just fan artwork, I'm curious to know what other fans think and if you believe a design similar to the ones below would perform well in a production film setting. Would you get behind a design like these? Let us know in the comments section!

Godzilla fas looking to discover more about the Godzilla sequel King of the Monsters are encouraged to join in the Godzilla Movies forum - a dedicated community of Godzilla movie and Monsterverse fans.

Stay up to date with the latest news on Godzilla 2 King of the Monsters by liking Scified on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram! Also, consider subscribing your email to our Godzilla blog for instant notifications of when new posts are made!

More Godzilla Movies Articles

Godzilla Escape Room Game Coming to Tokyo

Godzilla Escape Room Game Coming to Tokyo

Following the wave of puzzle games and escape rooms in the entertainment district Kabukichio of Shinjuku, Tokyo, comes a new challenge from the production company SCRAP. On April 2... Read More

13 Fan responses to Alternative Godzilla designs give the King of Monsters a radical new look!

Feb-27-2018 4:14 PM

I could probably accept this if the jaws were to be a little bit thicker but the artwork alone, no way

Feb-27-2018 6:47 PM

I like the eyes in the final picture. If the jaws were made wider and the the under-chin thing was removed it would look pretty good.

Dragon King Ultrazero80

Feb-27-2018 9:32 PM

I honestly kinda like this redesign.

Feb-28-2018 1:00 AM

Cool. Loved the crocodile  feel, eyes and spikes. Shame Edwards Godzilla doesnt have similar theet.

Feb-28-2018 6:21 AM

looks like a rip off of a Jurassic Park dinosaur design. not a fan. I already saw that rip off back in 98.

Mar-01-2018 7:42 AM

What is that?

Mar-01-2018 5:35 PM

I like the eyes and it reminds me of GMK godzilla's eyes.

Mar-02-2018 10:03 AM

I feel like this is what Lengendary was thinking of before they remembered the responses to 1998's design.

Mar-02-2018 10:04 AM

I mean Legendary.

Mar-03-2018 9:17 AM

Ugg! Not digging that design.

Mar-03-2018 9:17 AM

Ugg! Not digging that design.

Mar-05-2018 11:57 PM

After shin its not so bad as long as his bottom jaw doesn't split apart, also he needs to be a singular entity. Reptillian attributes are always a plus, just give him Lizard eyes not Snake eyes so he can blink. I was upset in 98 but if I knew what 2016 had in store I would have started praying to Zilla earlier. Hell after shin I vote we put the God back on Zilla 98's name. She is definitely a Proto-Dragon when we were used to a full fledged Celestial-Dragon we knew and a riot followed. I am ashamed and sorry for how I rebelled against the crown in 98 but I cannot endorce a army of people in the shadoe of Godzilla or the ultimate form of Biollante as the true king. This design may not be the Dinosaur that raised me but he looks like a close relative.  I say crown him in Japan but lets keep our design as close to Gareth's as we can here in the states.

Mar-05-2018 11:59 PM

I mean shadow for shin, sorry

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster . Providing the latest official and accurate information on , this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for 's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.

Your account has not yet been verified. Please check your email for the verification link to begin posting.

Please review our rules before sharing content

Use Your E-Mail: