News ArticleLatest Godzilla News Headline: Giant Godzilla Head Appears In Tokyo

Godzilla 2014 Sequel - Godzilla King of the Monsters - Film by

Godzilla 2 King of the Monsters releases in:

BREAKING: First look at Godzilla from Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters!

BREAKING: First look at Godzilla from Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters!

In a surprise update, director Michael Dougherty just took to Twitter to share a fresh behind-the-scenes look at the filming of Godzilla 2 King of the Monsters! Today marks the 69th day the Godzilla (2014) sequel has been filming and to celebrate, Dougherty has given us a special look at the King of all Monsters himself - Godzilla

The photo below appears to be that of a prop airplane or helicopter cockpit, with a stand-in Godzilla reference marker in the background. This tells us we'll get a pretty sweet aerial shot in King of the Monsters where the pilots of this craft fly by Godzilla's face!

Now, obviously this is not what the final look of Godzilla will look like as work on the film's special effects have not even begun yet, but this does give us a clue that Godzilla's facial design at least won't be changing much in the next film.

For more breaking news on Godzilla 2, keep it locked to Godzilla-Movies.com.

Source: Twitter

Godzilla fas looking to discover more about the Godzilla sequel King of the Monsters are encouraged to join in the Godzilla Movies forum - a dedicated community of Godzilla movie and Monsterverse fans.

Stay up to date with the latest news on Godzilla 2 King of the Monsters by liking Scified on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram! Also, consider subscribing your email to our Godzilla blog for instant notifications of when new posts are made!

More Godzilla Movies Articles

Giant Godzilla Head Appears In Tokyo

Giant Godzilla Head Appears In Tokyo

One of the strangest marketing stunts Toho pulled to promote Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters was to erect a giant model of Godzilla's head over a Shinjuku train station entra... Read More

New SH MonsterArts Godzilla 2002 Images

New SH MonsterArts Godzilla 2002 Images

Earlier this month Godzilla against MechaGodzilla star Yumiko Shaku and director Masaaki Tezuka announced an SH MonsterArts release of the 2002 Godzilla. For the film's 15th annive... Read More

16 Fan responses to BREAKING: First look at Godzilla from Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters!

Tyrannos

Sep-22-2017 1:11 PM

I hope the design doesn't stray to much from his appearance in G '14.

UltraSega2017

Sep-22-2017 1:51 PM

Cool is great and when we will see his full Body and The Trailer can Come out next year Perhaps?

Sep-22-2017 1:51 PM

This is pretty neat. The neck definitely seems thicker. The upper row of teeth and the eyes seem larger as well.

Retsnom2001

Sep-22-2017 2:32 PM

I swear in the reflection off the glass of the plane I see gravity beams. I'm probably wrong but that's what I'm hoping!

Something Real

Sep-22-2017 2:41 PM

How very fantastic! I am curious as to what the glowing golden dots to the right of Godzilla's head might be. :)

Something Real

Sep-22-2017 2:42 PM

RETSNOM2001 - I see it as well! Excellent catch, my friend! :)

Sep-22-2017 2:50 PM

Not much different--Less so than I was hoping if this is what they're sticking too. Hard to tell but it seems like his teeth might be longer and eye bigger, which would be two welcomed changes.

Sep-22-2017 2:59 PM

GMAN that's about all I noticed as well. Of course that's just the head, it doesn't seem like that model shows the dorsal plates, so those could be different as well.

Sep-22-2017 3:14 PM

His eyes are larger and his teeth are more visible. I am happy. Those were my biggest complaints about Godzilla's look in 2014. I am satisfied I can now see Godzilla's eyes and teeth.

JurassicNight

Sep-22-2017 3:32 PM

Very happy that the eyes and teeth are bigger, however we shouldn't really judge this at all. It's barley a visible picture of what's probably an early production of his face.

Sep-22-2017 3:39 PM

Godzilla 2014 Himself has a very good point. However it does leave us feeling optimistic that the changes will be an improvement on the overall design.

DarkRex

Sep-22-2017 4:00 PM

Can't wait to see the finish product!

Emperor GorillaGodzilla

Sep-22-2017 4:09 PM

Somehow they 1-Upped G14's look, and this isn't even finished.

TheGMan123

Sep-22-2017 5:05 PM

I'm comparing this image to stills from the movie, and honestly..... Not a lot that's drastically different. Even the things people are pointing out here aren't really changed as far as I can tell. Maybe slight adjustments, but more akin to the natural changing look of an actor than a complete makeover.

KoldWarKid62

Sep-22-2017 6:01 PM

Not putting much stock in this at all, since it just seems to be as a point of reference, and it's still early in the process. I'm hoping Dougherty does make some tweaks to the design (I think he will). 2014's was Edwards' baby; this is Dougherty's. Although I liked it overall, I certainly would have altered some things; it needed some work.

Sep-25-2017 9:34 AM

There is still a lot of time in post production to tweak everything about Godzilla's design. I do hope they change his dorsal fins tho. Make those babies bigger! This is nothing to put a bet on.

Password

or Create an Account

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster . Providing the latest official and accurate information on , this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for 's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.

Your account has not yet been verified. Please check your email for the verification link to begin posting.

Please review our rules before sharing content

Use Your E-Mail: