BREAKING: Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Finds its Composer!

BREAKING: Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Finds its Composer!

Scified2020-06-10 15:16:01https://www.scified.com/articles/breaking-godzilla-vs-kong-2020-finds-its-composer-22.jpg
15,933 Reads11 CommentsAdd A Comment

It appears that major news regarding Godzilla vs. Kong has finally arrived. News has just surfaced that the film has found its composer in Thomas Holkenborg, or also known as Junkie XL. If this report turns out to be true, then it could be the first in a series of major updates for the film.

Some of Junke XL's previous works include Mad Max: Fury Road, Deadpool, Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Alita: Battle Angel, Terminator: Dark Fate, and the recent major success Sonic the Hedgehog. It is also worth noting that the film's director, Adam Wingard, does indeed follow Junkie XL on Instagram. Only time will tell if this news is proven to be real, but Scifed will inform you whenever any updates arise.

Are you a fan of this hire if it is indeed real? Let us know in the comments below!

Source: Film Music Reporter

If you are a fan of Godzilla, Toho and the Monsterverse and are looking for a welcoming online community to share your passion and engage with other die-hard Godzilla fans, look no further! Join in the Godzilla Movies forum - a dedicated community of Godzilla movie and Monsterverse fans!

Godzilla Quick Links

With the upcoming release of Adam Wingard's Godzilla vs. Kong, now is a great time to pick your Titan and represent Godzilla or Kong! Check out some products below and click here for even more options!

Godzilla wins 2021 Shirt
Godzilla Hoodie
Kong Wins 2021 Shirt

This article was written By Jacob and published on 2020-06-10 15:16:01

More about upcoming Godzilla & Monsterverse projects

Godzilla vs. Kong was the sequel to Michael Dougherty's Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters and was the fourth and final installment in the Monsterverse movie quadrilogy. Now, the Monsterverse takes a new direction - into TV! On January 20th, 2022 Legendary announced a new live-action Godzilla Monsterverse TV Series which will stream on Apple TV Plus network! Be sure to check Godzilla-Movies often for the latest news and info on the Monsterverse TV Series and all things Toho Godzilla as well!

Stay up to date with the latest news on all things Godzilla, Toho and the Monsterverse also by liking us on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram! Also, consider subscribing your email to our blog for instant notifications of when new posts are made!

Find more info:
Recent Godzilla / Monsterverse Articles
11 Fan responses to BREAKING: Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Finds its Composer!

Antoniozilla

Mothra LarvaeMember38 XPJun-10-2020 11:56 PM

If this is legit they better have Hans Zimmer colab with Junkie XL again!!

JurassicKaiju14

TitanosaurusMember616 XPJun-11-2020 6:11 AM

Neat! I liked the score for Batman v Superman, so I'm hoping this turns out to be good.

TheGMan123

TitanosaurusMember729 XPJun-11-2020 7:03 AM

I think more Mad Max: Fury Road style scores would be better. Fits the more chaotic nature of ginormous action setpieces.

Since we aren't getting godly orchestral pieces with choirs, we settle for absolute electronic synth.

Jokr

Mothra LarvaeMember46 XPJun-11-2020 8:54 AM

I’m gonna be honest, I think GvK is going to be sh*t. During lockdown the directors should be working on these things! This should be a priority! A film is a work of art, not a CGI CARTOON with music that sounds like crap! Thomas Holkenborg worked on BvS... WTF! If you know of anybody who has worked on one of ZACK SNYDER’s projects, do not hire them to be part of yours! And yes, I an saying that BvS and the rest of the DCEU (except maybe Wonder Woman) is F*CK! All this makes me think is that this movie is not important to the director!

GiganAdmin4643 XPJun-11-2020 9:18 AM

What a travesty.

How did we go from Alexandre Desplat to Bear McCreary to freaking Tom Holkenborg? This just smacks of the studio saving money on a full, orchestral score while going with one of the many Hans Zimmer clones that resonate with general audiences instead of doing what's good for the movie.

I can't believe someone with the nickname "Junkie XL" will be joining the pantheon of greats like Akira Ifukube, Ko Otani and Michiru Oshima. Terrible fit.

Ifukube's probably rolling in his grave.

Gabriel Salomon

BaragonMember171 XPJun-11-2020 9:29 AM

I like his work in Fury Road, but I cannot see that kind of music fitting in a Godzilla film, and everything else he does is too mainstream. I kind of want Alexandre Desplat brought back; he does some of my favorite scores of all time, and his work on G14 was magnificent.

MilqueChocolate

BaragonMember115 XPJun-11-2020 8:14 PM

I’m actually okay with this. His music is pretty hard-hitting, which shows in Mad Max and Terminator: Dark Fate. He can range into some emotional scores too, which are evident in Alita and Sonic. I think he’s gonna bring a badass experience with this film!

Spider-Punk

AnguirusMember1248 XPJun-11-2020 9:35 PM

I’ve only seen Sonic and Alita so I’m not sure about this whole deal.

GojiJonesy91

Mothra LarvaeMember26 XPJun-12-2020 1:59 PM

Funny, this name was the one I singled out as the one I wouldn’t be crazy about and lo and behold.

^ the topic in which I discussed composer wishlists.

I’m with Gman here on this feeling like a cost effective move.

Maybe it will knock our socks off but come on, BVS was a collab with Zimmer and I wasn’t too jazzed by Fury road’s music.

Biggmonsterman666

BaragonMember157 XPJun-14-2020 5:47 PM

From all I've read so far, this doesn't sound promising to me.  Toho went through a number of composers; some which were not outstanding.  Perhaps we'll be pleasantly surprised.

TheGMan123

TitanosaurusMember729 XPJun-15-2020 5:12 AM

I've no doubts Junkie XL could make good pounding scores that elevate something like an action setpiece or long drawn-out fight.

It's the more character-driven themes for Godzilla and Kong that I'm cautious about.

Enter Your E-Mail