Trending Articles
Godzilla vs. Kong (2021)
Godzilla vs. Kong 2020
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2 2019
Kong: Skull Island (2017)
Kong: Skull Island
Godzilla (2014)
Godzilla 2014
Featured Content
BREAKING: Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Finds its Composer!

BREAKING: Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Finds its Composer!

Scified2020-06-10 15:16:01https://www.scified.com/articles/breaking-godzilla-vs-kong-2020-finds-its-composer-22.jpg
6,955 Reads1 Upvotes11 CommentsAdd A Comment+ Upvote

It appears that major news regarding Godzilla vs. Kong has finally arrived. News has just surfaced that the film has found its composer in Thomas Holkenborg, or also known as Junkie XL. If this report turns out to be true, then it could be the first in a series of major updates for the film.

Some of Junke XL's previous works include Mad Max: Fury Road, Deadpool, Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Alita: Battle Angel, Terminator: Dark Fate, and the recent major success Sonic the Hedgehog. It is also worth noting that the film's director, Adam Wingard, does indeed follow Junkie XL on Instagram. Only time will tell if this news is proven to be real, but Scifed will inform you whenever any updates arise.

Are you a fan of this hire if it is indeed real? Let us know in the comments below!

Source: Film Music Reporter

This article was written By Jacob and published on 2020-06-10 15:16:01

Godzilla vs. Kong (2021) is the sequel to Michael Dougherty's Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters and will be the fourth and final installment in the Monsterverse movie quadrilogy. It will also bridge both the Godzilla movies and Kong: Skull Island by bringing Godzilla and Kong face-to-face for an epic match-up. To learn more about Godzilla vs. Kong, check out the Godzilla vs. Kong about page here!

Stay up to date with the latest news on Godzilla vs. Kong (2021) by liking us on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram! Also, consider subscribing your email to our Godzilla blog for instant notifications of when new posts are made!

Related Godzilla Articles
Godzilla kills Kong!

Godzilla kills Kong!

Godzilla kills Kong in short fan comic by Omar Sayyah. The three page comic of Godzilla vaporizing Queen Muto and Mecha Godzilla as Kong tries a ambush ends in a grewsome fate for ... Read More

11 Fan responses to BREAKING: Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Finds its Composer!

Antoniozilla #TeamGodzilla

Jun-10-2020 11:56 PM

If this is legit they better have Hans Zimmer colab with Junkie XL again!!

JurassicKaiju14 #TeamGodzilla

Jun-11-2020 6:11 AM

Neat! I liked the score for Batman v Superman, so I'm hoping this turns out to be good.

TheGMan123 #TeamGhidorah

Jun-11-2020 7:03 AM

I think more Mad Max: Fury Road style scores would be better. Fits the more chaotic nature of ginormous action setpieces.

Since we aren't getting godly orchestral pieces with choirs, we settle for absolute electronic synth.

Jokr #TeamGodzilla

Jun-11-2020 8:54 AM

I’m gonna be honest, I think GvK is going to be sh*t. During lockdown the directors should be working on these things! This should be a priority! A film is a work of art, not a CGI CARTOON with music that sounds like crap! Thomas Holkenborg worked on BvS... WTF! If you know of anybody who has worked on one of ZACK SNYDER’s projects, do not hire them to be part of yours! And yes, I an saying that BvS and the rest of the DCEU (except maybe Wonder Woman) is F*CK! All this makes me think is that this movie is not important to the director!

G. H. (Gman) #TeamGhidorah

Jun-11-2020 9:18 AM

What a travesty.

How did we go from Alexandre Desplat to Bear McCreary to freaking Tom Holkenborg? This just smacks of the studio saving money on a full, orchestral score while going with one of the many Hans Zimmer clones that resonate with general audiences instead of doing what's good for the movie.

I can't believe someone with the nickname "Junkie XL" will be joining the pantheon of greats like Akira Ifukube, Ko Otani and Michiru Oshima. Terrible fit.

Ifukube's probably rolling in his grave.

KingSalomonMMIV

Jun-11-2020 9:29 AM

I like his work in Fury Road, but I cannot see that kind of music fitting in a Godzilla film, and everything else he does is too mainstream. I kind of want Alexandre Desplat brought back; he does some of my favorite scores of all time, and his work on G14 was magnificent.

ChrisRemix #TeamGodzilla

Jun-11-2020 8:14 PM

I’m actually okay with this. His music is pretty hard-hitting, which shows in Mad Max and Terminator: Dark Fate. He can range into some emotional scores too, which are evident in Alita and Sonic. I think he’s gonna bring a badass experience with this film!

Monster_Zero 2112 #TeamGodzilla

Jun-11-2020 9:35 PM

I’ve only seen Sonic and Alita so I’m not sure about this whole deal.

GojiJonesy91 #TeamMothra

Jun-12-2020 1:59 PM

Funny, this name was the one I singled out as the one I wouldn’t be crazy about and lo and behold.

^ the topic in which I discussed composer wishlists.

I’m with Gman here on this feeling like a cost effective move.

Maybe it will knock our socks off but come on, BVS was a collab with Zimmer and I wasn’t too jazzed by Fury road’s music.

Biggmonsterman666

Jun-14-2020 5:47 PM

From all I've read so far, this doesn't sound promising to me.  Toho went through a number of composers; some which were not outstanding.  Perhaps we'll be pleasantly surprised.

TheGMan123 #TeamGhidorah

Jun-15-2020 5:12 AM

I've no doubts Junkie XL could make good pounding scores that elevate something like an action setpiece or long drawn-out fight.

It's the more character-driven themes for Godzilla and Kong that I'm cautious about.

Get Your Godzilla vs. Kong Sweater!
Godzilla vs. Kong Sweater