A new Godzilla anime series has been announced by Toho.
The new series Godzilla: Singular Point will be released on TV in Japan during April 2021 and will have a global release on Netflix later in the year. Godzilla: Singular Point is unrelated to the previously released Godzilla Anime Trilogy and will be set in a completely new universe. You can view information for the new series below.
Netflix announces an all new original anime series, Godzilla Singular Point, featuring a brand new cast and original story, set to premiere globally on Netflix in 2021.
Following the success of Godzilla anime films, Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters, Godzilla: City on the Edge of Battle and Godzilla: The Planet Eater comes an all new original anime series from director Atsushi Takahashi (Doraemon the Movie 2017: Great Adventure in the Antarctic Kachi Kochi).
Anime studio bones (My Hero Academia) in partnership with studio Orange, (Beastars, Land of the Lustrous) will produce the series combining hand-drawn and CG animation styles.
- Netflix announces an all new original anime series Godzilla Singular Point featuring a brand new cast and original story set to premiere globally on Netflix in 2021.
- Following the success of Godzilla anime films, Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters, Godzilla: City on the Edge of Battle and Godzilla: The Planet Eater comes an all new original anime series from director Atsushi Takahashi (Doraemon the Movie 2017: Great Adventure in the Antarctic Kachi Kochi).
- Anime studio bones (My Hero Academia) in partnership with studio Orange, (Beastars, Land of the Lustrous) will produce the series combining hand-drawn and CG animation styles.
- In addition to director Takahashi, the creative team includes Kan Sawada, composer for countless Doraemon films and series such as Yowamushi Pedal, Japanese science-fiction novelist Toh Enjoe making his TV debut as editor and writer for the series, Kazue Kato creator of Blue Exorcist and the hit comic currently serialized in Jump Square will serve as the character designer, and animator Eiji Yamamori from Studio Ghibli films including Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away and The Wind Rises will do the Kaiju design.
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 193 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Founded in 1932, Toho Co., Ltd. is one of the leading entertainment conglomerates in Japan. Toho is best known worldwide as the producer of the Godzilla films, as well as most of the films by the world-renowned director, Akira Kurosawa. Besides film production, Toho also distributes Japanese films (earning the highest box office receipts for decades in Japan) as well as foreign films through its subsidiary, owns first class movie theaters throughout Japan, produces legitimate plays and musicals, and has more than 100 entertainment-related subsidiaries.
bones was founded by Sunrise staff members Masahiko Minami, Hiroshi Ousaka and Toshihiro Kawamoto in October 1998. The company's name was originally inspired by the idea "to create animations with bones" and it continues to produce high quality visual works today. bones is renown for its dynamic animated action sequences such as robot animations which continue to attract fans around the world. They are considered one of the most notable anime studios in the world today. They have produced numerous titles, including My Hero Academia, Psalms of Planets Eureka seveN and Netflix’s original anime series Carole & Tuesday.
Established in 2004 and founded by famed CG animator Eiji Inomoto, Orange is a Japanese animation studio based in Musashino, Tokyo that specializes in the production of 3DCG animation. The studio is known for its exaggerated 3D and directing style, which differs from the traditional movement often found in CG works. In 2017, the studio produced Land of the Lustrous. In 2018 Orange released Monster Strike The Movie 2 Sora no Kanata to theaters. Orange has led Marui Group's original animation Sobae and the IDOLiSH7 Music Video. In 2019 they launched their first Netflix original anime series Beastars globally.
If you are a fan of Godzilla, Toho and the Monsterverse and are looking for a welcoming online community to share your passion and engage with other die-hard Godzilla fans, look no further! Join in the Godzilla Movies forum - a dedicated community of Godzilla movie and Monsterverse fans!
Godzilla Quick Links
- Godzilla vs. Kong 2 Official Plot Synopsis
- New Godzilla Monsterverse game in development by Legendary and 7Levels!
- Matt Shakman to direct Monsterverse Godzilla Series for Apple TV!
Get G-ed Up!
With the upcoming release of Adam Wingard's Godzilla vs. Kong, now is a great time to pick your Titan and represent Godzilla or Kong! Check out some products below and click here for even more options!
This article was written By Jacob and published on 2020-10-06 17:45:03
More about upcoming Godzilla & Monsterverse projects
Godzilla vs. Kong was the sequel to Michael Dougherty's Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters and was the fourth and final installment in the Monsterverse movie quadrilogy. Now, the Monsterverse takes a new direction - into TV! On January 20th, 2022 Legendary announced a new live-action Godzilla Monsterverse TV Series which will stream on Apple TV Plus network! Be sure to check Godzilla-Movies often for the latest news and info on the Monsterverse TV Series and all things Toho Godzilla as well!
Stay up to date with the latest news on all things Godzilla, Toho and the Monsterverse also by liking us on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram! Also, consider subscribing your email to our blog for instant notifications of when new posts are made!