Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) News ArticleLatest Godzilla News Headline: Godzilla vs. Kong Will Have a Clear Winner
105 Now OnlineOpen Forums   ❱

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) - Film by Michael Dougherty

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) releases in:

Carlos Huante unveils Godzilla and King Ghidorah concept art!

Carlos Huante unveils Godzilla and King Ghidorah concept art!

Legendary creature creator and concept artist Carlos Huante recently shared two pieces of Godzilla concept art he created back before Warner Brothers and Legendary began work on Gareth Edwards' Godzilla in 2014. The first piece, of Huante's rendition of an American Godzilla was actually pitched to the studio and resembles close to what the final design ended up being. The second piece however is that of Carlos' vision for a new King Ghidorah!

Huante remarks that he never really felt intimidated by King Ghidorah and so he gave the Alien Kaiju an improved, more aggressive and agile look:

It's unknown currently what the new Ghidorah will look like in Legendary and Warner Brothers' Godzilla sequel, King of the Monsters, but if you'd be happy with a design similar to this one by Carlos Huante, let us know in the comments section! Be sure to also visit Carlos' Instagram to see more of his incredible work!

King Ghidorah will be joining Rodan and Mothra as new contenders for the thrown in Godzilla: King of the Monsters, March 22nd, 2019.

For Godzilla fans looking forward to Michael Dougherty's Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019), be sure to join in our Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) forum - a dedicated community of Godzilla movie fans.

Stay up to date with the latest news on Michael Dougherty's Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) movie by liking Scified on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram! Also, consider subscribing your email to our Godzilla blog for instant notifications of when new posts are made!

More Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) Articles

Godzilla vs. Kong Will Have a Clear Winner

Godzilla vs. Kong Will Have a Clear Winner

*Godzilla news seems to be abundant lately. Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters (2017) is ramping up its promotion and Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) is making noise with a big... Read More

Replies

Ultra Reviewer ZeroMar-21-2017 5:42 PM

Ghidorah concept looks fantastic, but I would love to see him flying

Dragon King Ultrazero80Mar-21-2017 5:45 PM

Godzilla's hands look weird. Ghidorah looks cool though.

The Vengeful RexMar-21-2017 5:54 PM

Wat daheq is dis concept art

G. H. (Gman)Mar-21-2017 5:59 PM

Hate both. Godzilla doesn't have a lot of charm--Although I do like the spines. The King Ghidorah is trying desperately to look like it fused with Smaug. It would be a very disappointing and predictable direction that I hope they avoid completely.

On the other hand it's sort of encouraging he decided to do a piece of King Ghidorah to begin with. He clearly anticipated the future inclusion of classic monsters--Almost seems like he was trying to push the inclusion with that piece.

The Vengeful RexMar-21-2017 6:10 PM

^Yeah, that Godzilla makes me want to vomit

Dragon King Ultrazero80Mar-21-2017 6:15 PM

I agree on Godzilla.

Apex_PredatorMar-21-2017 6:41 PM

That godzilla is hideous and looks weak.

I dont have high hopes for the upcoming movies. Skull Island was a mess and I almost walked out of the movie this past thursday.

KingKaijuGojiraMar-21-2017 6:57 PM

This looks awful.

boltsMar-21-2017 7:09 PM

Godzilla should look the same as the last movie, which was good.  But Ghidorah should not walk like a dragon.  This is not by no means the background he/she came from.

boltsMar-21-2017 7:10 PM

KingKaijuGojiraMar-21-2017 7:24 PM

^Ghidorah is male. Ghidorah has always been male. He is called King Ghidorah after all.

Super GodzillaMar-21-2017 7:47 PM

I would scrap both concepts. I have no idea what's going on with Godzilla hands (can we call those hands?),  the mouth looks funky and the feet are too small. I could see the Ghidorah concept working, if he was so frail looking. His proportions look awkward.

SchizoidHorse9Mar-21-2017 8:33 PM

I have several complaints about Godzilla, the first being that his musculature in his shoulders, in conjunction with those weird hands, and the fact that the arms are the same thickness all the way down, gives him a very quadrupedal look, as though standing vertically is not his normal stance. In addition, I think the head is too crocodilian in nature. I just don't like it.

As far as Ghidorah goes, I have even more issues, the first being that, as others have stated, he looks like a sad rip-off of Smaug. King Ghidorah should stand vertically. Additionally, I really hate that he has leathery skin, as opposed to golden scales. It just feels... fragile. I don't know how a feel about the bat-like wings, in that they also serve as arms, which Ghidorah has never had. It is also very canine in that it has a deep chest and the jointed legs, which irks me.

All in all, I'm glad these weren't the final designs, and I hope King Ghidorah gets a proper treatment to bring him into modern times without drastically changing his classic look.

jiger9899Mar-21-2017 10:30 PM

It's just unused concept art from before production even started on the 2014 film. It's obvious Godzilla doesn't/won't look like that and I doubt Ghidorah will look like he does either.

WhalezillaMar-22-2017 5:33 AM

The only thing that KG needs in the concept is to stand on his hind legs, loose the hands on his wings, and have more scales like his Toho designs do. I like the head on the Godzilla but not the body. The head reminds me of Heisei Goji.

The Vengeful RexMar-22-2017 1:01 PM

Ghidorah should look something like this:

The King of the MonstersMar-22-2017 1:02 PM

I don't hate the Godzilla, but the huge weird-looking hands, weak and tiny legs and disproportionately large upper body don't really appeal to me. Plus there's something about the head that just looks unappealing to me. I much prefer the design Legendary ultimately went with.

I've never been big on the whole horizontal wyvern-esque King Ghidorah. I think King Ghidorah needs to be upright because it makes him infinitely more imposing. King Ghidorah just being a traditional-looking dragon that happens to be three heads just doesn't work for me. I prefer how he has always looked, standing upright with his huge wings held out at his sides. Huante's design, just like GMan pointed out, looks like if someone tried to make King Ghidorah look more like Smaug. I really don't want them to do that, I want Legendary to update his traditional look so that he will still bear the recognizable silhouette of an upright dragon with three long necks held high into the air and two massive wings at his sides. King Ghidorah needs to look huge and intimidating, not like a swift and smaller dragon. Another issue I have with the design is the smooth skin. I vastly prefer the classic golden scales.

Thankfully, based on the cave painting in Skull Island, I'm confident we'll get something closer to his traditional look.

RR44Mar-22-2017 2:22 PM

umm.. yuk to both. glad they did not use that G design for Edward's G. As for King Ghidorah... That concept would be laughed off the table by the folks at TOHO... imo.

Gee WMar-23-2017 1:26 AM

The Godzilla we ended up with was much better, but I like the spines he has. Reminds me of the Godzilla 2000 version, who had huge spines on his back!

The King Ghidorah concept looks great! Very menacing. It wouldn't work to have him look like he does in these movies. Him standing on his hind legs would look a little silly I fear, and this is quite a good approach!

Kaiju KongMar-23-2017 8:00 AM

I like the version they used in the 2014 movie, not a fan of the King Ghidorah concept.

KaijucreeperMar-23-2017 6:17 PM

Though I will agree that the concept art for Godzilla is terrible, I feel that this movie will be before Godzilla 2014. Thus this concept art shows a younger, lesser Godzilla than one shown in 2014.

YukisSpecialMar-24-2017 8:57 PM

Not everyone is guilty of this, but for Pete's sake to the rest of you READ THE ARTICLES before you go half cocked and make assumptions about what you're seeing.  These are obviously not designs meant to be in KOTM, especially the Godzilla design, that was made clear that these were old pre-G'14 designs.  Seriously, make an effort to read what the writer of the piece puts work into to accompany the pictures.

The designs are ok, minus those fish hands on G, but I think we'll be in store for much, much better on Ghiddy and the gang when the movie arrives in two years, these are just part of the vast legion of "what ifs" that it's always enjoyable to look back on as fans.

isaiasMar-25-2017 7:15 AM

godzilla looks different

G14FANMar-30-2017 3:39 PM

I hope that they keep the same design for godzilla from 2014. That one looked absolutely bad ass. In case if you were wondering, the original godzilla theme song cannot be in any future american movies because akira said in his will, or what ever it was, that the theme shall not be used in any american movies.

Godzilla3000 Jun-14-2017 9:39 AM

For me the designs had more bad points because the Godzailla could have stayed more 54 equal to the kong that made him based his first version and the ghidorah at least makes it more golden and similar to the version showa and heisei

riggzamortis86Aug-01-2017 11:20 AM

puke. If this was The apprentice I would fire Carlos. then burn these images so that no one ever see's this again.

Password

or Create an Account

Godzilla News Article

Chris

Written By Chris
Published: 2017-03-21 17:36:16

56,609 Reads

Welcome to the Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) fan website & forum! Don't be a lurker, consider joining our community of like-minded Godzilla fans. By signing up you can comment on news articles, start your own forum topics, upload images and even win cool prizes! Over 34,747 fans have already signed up!

About Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) Movie

Release Date:

March 22nd, 2019

Plot Synopsis:

The new story follows the heroic efforts of the crypto-zoological agency Monarch as its members face off against a battery of god-sized monsters, including the mighty Godzilla, who collides with Mothra, Rodan, and his ultimate nemesis, the three-headed King Ghidorah. When these ancient super-species—thought to be mere myths—rise again, they all vie for supremacy, leaving humanity’s very existence hanging in the balance.

Latest Godzilla Movies Forum Topics

Godzilla vs. Kong: A Common Threat

3 Replies, Last Post: 2017-08-20 10:29:37

Godzillapocalypse Chapter One

7 Replies, Last Post: 2017-08-18 20:06:31

What would Ghidorah look like?

66 Replies, Last Post: 2017-08-18 11:17:25

Matching some DC villains with some of Godzilla's villains

8 Replies, Last Post: 2017-08-17 07:00:09

Anime Godzilla. A video.

1 Replies, Last Post: 2017-08-16 10:30:05

The Oxygen Destroyer in Godzilla 2?

4 Replies, Last Post: 2017-08-16 07:00:10

Godzilla: KotM and Gvs.K Prediction Time

10 Replies, Last Post: 2017-08-15 11:17:59

When does Shin Godzilla come out on DVD/BluRay?

66 Replies, Last Post: 2017-08-15 11:08:29

Sep-15-2014 2:14 PM
9 Comments

Godzilla kills male Muto

Godzilla kills male Muto

Aug-27-2014 3:54 PM
0 Comments

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019). Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019), this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) and its associated names, logos and images are property of Warner Brothers Studios, Legendary Pictures and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)'s release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.

Your account has not yet been verified. Please check your email for the verification link to begin posting.

Please review our rules before sharing content

Use Your E-Mail: