Trending Articles
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong 2020
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2 2019
Kong: Skull Island (2017)
Kong: Skull Island
Godzilla (2014)
Godzilla 2014
Featured Content

Scified2019-03-28 05:24:46https://www.scified.com/articles/ghidorah-battles-mothra-rodan-new-godzilla-2-king-the-monsters-tv-spot-48.jpg
15,486 Reads3 Upvotes17 CommentsAdd A Comment+ Upvote

An EPIC new TV spot for Mike Dougherty's Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters has been released online this morning by Warner Brothers. This TV spot, titled Beautiful features a ton of exciting new footage - most of which involve Ghidorah being unleashed and battling Mothra and Rodan before Godzilla is awoken to put a stop to Ghidorah's reign. Watch the exciting new footage below and be sure to let us know what you think in the comments section! Screenshots are on the way...

This is Godzilla's world, we're just living in it.

This article was written By Chris and published on 2019-03-28 05:24:46

Related Godzilla Articles
17 Fan responses to Ghidorah battles Mothra and Rodan in NEW Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters TV Spot!

KingKaijuGojira #TeamGodzilla

Mar-28-2019 5:33 AM

THAT WAS AMAZING! This is going to be one of the BEST Godzilla movies!

Gmkgoji #TeamRodan

Mar-28-2019 9:03 AM

Good God... I'm blown away

G. H. (Gman) #TeamGhidorah

Mar-28-2019 10:26 AM

"..unless we set Godzilla free."
"This time we join him."
"Good thing he's on our side."
"It's Godzilla's world, we just live in it."

Unless you hated the latest TV spot, time to retire the 'ole, "making Godzilla a hero in the Showa series was a mistake," complaint.

TheGMan123 #TeamGhidorah

Mar-28-2019 10:42 AM

The destructive saviour has arrived!

*one city destruction later*

The destructive saviour has left!

G. H. (Gman) #TeamGhidorah

Mar-28-2019 10:48 AM

^Ladies and gentlemen, the entire plot of G'14.

Chris #TeamMothra

Mar-28-2019 11:27 AM

Hahaha basically. I love the imagery of this spot. I'm preparing a new post actually to address some of it. Everything shown was deliberate and I believe has deeper meaning. Will be fun to discuss and speculate on!

Also - Rodan has serious balls. I can't wait to see him take on Ghidorah.

KingKaijuGojira #TeamGodzilla

Mar-28-2019 11:43 AM

That moment you realize Somewhere Over the Rainbow is playing in the background.

G. H. (Gman) #TeamGhidorah

Mar-28-2019 11:45 AM

^You mean, right off the bat?

Gmkgoji #TeamRodan

Mar-28-2019 11:56 AM

I didn't know somewhere over the rainbow was playing until you guys mentioned it. I went back and listened to it carefully. I think it works extremely well

godzilla3580 #TeamGhidorah

Mar-28-2019 2:14 PM

Goodness... I couldn't help but watch this like 5 times in a row this morning. I might literally shed a manly tear watching this for the first time in theaters.

I've always been a fan of portraying Godzilla as a defender of Earth, not necessarily of humans.

"Godzilla, why would you wanna save the planet?"

"Because I'm one of the idiots who lives on it!"

Godzillatheking123 #TeamGodzilla

Mar-28-2019 4:54 PM

So what have learnt? We will get a one-on-one Rodan vs Ghidorah and Mothra vs Ghidorah fight. That is awesome.

And doing a Wizard of Oz music theme...man, it worked. It was incredible.

Godzillatheking123 #TeamGodzilla

Mar-28-2019 4:55 PM

What have WE learnt, of course.

KoldWarKid62

Mar-28-2019 6:19 PM

That was very cool! They've done a really nice job with these trailers, from what they've shown, to pacing, and especially music. When they first announced the monster line-up for this movie back in 2014, I’ll be the first to admit I was not overly excited. I felt that Ghidorah, Rodan and Mothra had been used and retread more than enough times and I was like, “Meh.” As uninspiring as the MUTOs were in the first movie, I liked that they were new monsters; something a bit different. Since I’ve been seeing snippets of this since last year I’ve gotten far more stoked for this. I love how they’ve seemingly breathed new life into those three and I’m hoping the final product lives up to expectations, because I’m really excited to see this.

On another note entirely, I know that the name Ghidorah is pronounced Ghi-Dora and has been at least since GVsKG (’91), but I grew up knowing the name as and pronouncing it Ghee-Drah (Anglo pronunciation, perhaps?). I know it's pronounced that way in the English dub of Ghidorah and Monster Zero, so maybe. It will always be Ghee-Drah to me; sounds much cooler!

Tayla Mayde

Mar-30-2019 11:29 AM

@KoldWarKid62 it has always been pronouced as ghidorah if you watch the showa ones in japanese you can  them say ghidorah so fast he sounds like 2 syllables ghidadrah

KoldWarKid62

Mar-30-2019 11:44 AM

@Tayla Mayde I'll have to re-watch Ghidorah and Monster Zero in Japanese, but it's definitely Ghee-Drah in the English dubs, so maybe in the translation it got changed. In any case, I've never been able to call him/it Ghi-Dora. Always be Ghee-Drah to me. Just a preference at this point.

G. H. (Gman) #TeamGhidorah

Mar-30-2019 1:34 PM

The definitely pronounce it "Ghee-Drah" in the dub. Bellucci Productions dubbed Ghidorah: The Three Headed Monster and supposedly thought the "o" vowel was redundant. So they tried to make it closer to "hydrah" do to the similarities.

I grew up with this pronunciation as well, but was sort of relieved when it was officially recognized as "Ghi-Dora" in English. Sounds more alien and less western inspired.

KoldWarKid62

May-03-2019 7:03 AM

Watching Ghidorah: The Three Headed Monster now in Japanese, and they pronounce it Ghee-da-rah (three syllables), but definitely with the emphasis on Ghee and not Dor, as it is now. Had to double check; it wasn't a strictly American thing.

How to include Toho Monsters into the Monsterverse