Godzilla 2014 Sequel - Godzilla King of the Monsters - Film by

Godzilla 2 King of the Monsters releases in:

Godzilla 2 Shooting 'Key Scene' in Mexico City

Godzilla 2 Shooting 'Key Scene' in Mexico City

After shooting in Atlanta, Ga for nearly two months, Godzilla: King of the Monsters (not to be confused with the upcoming anime similarly titled, Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters) will be moving production to Mexico City for a three day shoot.

"All of us are immensely excited to film in your beautiful country and in this extraordinary city," said producer Alex Garcia.

"We scouted extensively across the world to find the perfect environment for this key scene in the film and found everything we needed here in Mexico City...Godzilla is one of the oldest film franchises in the world. It's only fitting that he - and some of his friends - are now finally setting foot in Mexico."

You can watch producer Alex Garcia's full announcement below:

Gormaru Island translated details from El Universal regarding the scene. 500-700 extras will be used in sequences that involve "a monster" rising from a volcano and another involving a battle between kaiju. Guatemala was originally considered for the shoot, but Warner Brothers felt the location wasn't large enough. Shooting will take place August 21st-23rd.

Many speculate the monster rising from the volcano is Rodan after the Kong: Skull Island Twitter and Facebook revealed the MONARCH viral videos.

Godzilla: King of the Monsters stars Millie Bobby Brown (Stranger Things), Kyle Chandler (Super 8, Friday Night Lights), Vera Farmiga (The Departed), O'Shea Jackson (Straight Outta Compton), Aisha Hinds (If I Stay), Anthony Ramos (Hamilton), Charles Dance (Game of Thrones), Randy Havens (Stranger Things), Ken Watanabe, (Godzilla), Sally Hawkins (Godzilla), Thomas Middleditch (Silicon Valley), Bradley Whitford (Get Out, West Wing), Elizabeth Ludlow (The Walking Dead) and Zhang Ziyi (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon). The film will be directed by Michael Dougherty from his screenplay co-written by Zach Shields. Alex Garcia is producing. The film opens March 22nd, 2019.
Source:
Gormaru Island
El Universal
Kong: Skull Island Official Twitter

Godzilla fas looking to discover more about the Godzilla sequel King of the Monsters are encouraged to join in the Godzilla Movies forum - a dedicated community of Godzilla movie and Monsterverse fans.

Stay up to date with the latest news on Godzilla 2 King of the Monsters by liking Scified on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram! Also, consider subscribing your email to our Godzilla blog for instant notifications of when new posts are made!

More Godzilla Movies Articles

New SH MonsterArts Godzilla 2002 Images

New SH MonsterArts Godzilla 2002 Images

Earlier this month Godzilla against MechaGodzilla star Yumiko Shaku and director Masaaki Tezuka announced an SH MonsterArts release of the 2002 Godzilla. For the film's 15th annive... Read More

9 Fan responses to Godzilla 2 Shooting 'Key Scene' in Mexico City

Aug-16-2017 7:35 AM

damn, sounds like Rodan will dominate in Mexico!

SuperZillaRealms

Aug-16-2017 9:22 AM

Trump: "We Need To Build A Wall

(Rodan Appears)

Trump: "F#%*" The Wall, Build A Cage"

Gigan923

Aug-16-2017 4:16 PM

"A battle between kaiju" huh? Sounds like we might be getting something similar to Godzilla and the male MUTO's fight in Hawaii (hopefully they actually show the fight this time).

RR44

Aug-17-2017 5:03 AM

Trump: Believe me folks.. this is going to be a war for our survival.. but on a positive note.. those trying to cross the border down there.. illegally.. are gonna have more than border guards to worry about.. let me tell you.

Aug-17-2017 8:32 AM

ok, I'm trying not to laugh here. That was hilarious.

^^I agree, the last movie didn't even show a F#*@ing fight? through the kids TV? I shook my head. Gareth Edwards even patted his own back saying along the lines that your are supposed to have a fight here but I chose not to have it here. He didn't want to follow a pattern. I must admit that is admirable for an artist to break out of a box, I want to respect his vision of how a giant monster movie should be narrated.... but I cant in this situation! we have been waiting an hour into the movie to see the character the movie was freaking titled after! could you imagine if they did this for a superman or batman movie!? the reason your supposed to have a fight scene there is because we all have been waiting for some kind of fight!!! Its to break the boring drama that has been happening!!! sorry had to vent. G14 could have been more epic.

Godzilla 2014 Himself

Aug-17-2017 9:50 AM

Heavily agreed, if G14 had the fight scenes shown, it could of been a lot more entertaining.

NZN

Aug-17-2017 10:13 AM

I hope this film doesn't become more like Pacific Rim than Godzilla 2014, i don't want to see too little of Godzilla but too much would just make his appearances not special anymore.

Aug-17-2017 1:24 PM

I at least hope they give him enough time. I think they got enough guff from fans about the screen time. but they have 4 epic fan favorites they can play with in this film. With Rodan, mothra and ghidorah, im sure we will have tons of great monster battles. One thing I like about Michael Dougherty is that his films get pretty crazy. I don't think he has ever worked on such a big project like this before with this big a budget! just based on past movies he has directed, this one is goin to rock! I just know it. he has a great way of telling a story and giving every element enough time to grow with the story. I look at his films like Trick r Treat and Krampus(some of my favorite movies) and I see a man who really is passionate about the atmosphere of the film and the story and wants us to truly care about every element of the story. So I have great faith in his ability to make this film the best American made Godzilla movie ever! I mean the pins are already set up for him, all he has to do is make one good strike to knock them all down.

Chris

Aug-17-2017 2:26 PM

This is exremely exciting! I think Rodan is the most logical Monster to rise from a Volcano. So, does this suggest Rodan will emerge and need to defend itself against one of the other Monsters right away?! I can not wait to see the accompanying mythology for these Monsterverse versions of Mothra, Ghidorah and Rodan. So exciting!

Password

or Create an Account

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster . Providing the latest official and accurate information on , this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for 's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.

Your account has not yet been verified. Please check your email for the verification link to begin posting.

Please review our rules before sharing content

Use Your E-Mail: