Godzilla 2014 Sequel - Godzilla King of the Monsters - Film by

Godzilla 2 King of the Monsters releases in:

Godzilla 2 Will Shoot Into October

Godzilla 2 Will Shoot Into October

We've spent a long time piecing together Godzilla: King of the Monsters' production timetable. In January a local report from Atlanta hinted that the Godzilla sequel would be heading to the new BlackHall Studios in March. Last month My Entertainment World confirmed shooting would start in Atlanta, GA this June. And now, courtesy of Gormaru Island, we understand the film will be filming into October, 2017.

Until we know more details, there is no confirmation that the timetable is for both the Atlanta and Shanghai locations--Although it seems likely. Stay tuned for more as it develops. Big thanks to Gormaru Island for the information.

Sources:
Gormaru Island

Godzilla fas looking to discover more about the Godzilla sequel King of the Monsters are encouraged to join in the Godzilla Movies forum - a dedicated community of Godzilla movie and Monsterverse fans.

Stay up to date with the latest news on Godzilla 2 King of the Monsters by liking Scified on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram! Also, consider subscribing your email to our Godzilla blog for instant notifications of when new posts are made!

More Godzilla Movies Articles

New SH MonsterArts Godzilla 2002 Images

New SH MonsterArts Godzilla 2002 Images

Earlier this month Godzilla against MechaGodzilla star Yumiko Shaku and director Masaaki Tezuka announced an SH MonsterArts release of the 2002 Godzilla. For the film's 15th annive... Read More

11 Fan responses to Godzilla 2 Will Shoot Into October

Dragon King Ultrazero80

Mar-06-2017 2:01 PM

YAY!!!

Sword Sam

Mar-06-2017 5:26 PM

I live in Atlanta so I'm gonna try to get in as an extra!

Dragon King Ultrazero80

Mar-06-2017 5:28 PM

Sword Sam- Good luck.

jiger9899

Mar-06-2017 6:02 PM

There was an interview with Alex Garcia that said they are filming in Atlanta in June.

Jamaal

Mar-06-2017 7:37 PM

I'm very happy that the film is actually happening. I was beginning to wonder with the departure of Gareth Edwards and the sale of Legendary to the Wanda Group. So, any news about the filming is welcome. I'm beginning to get really excited about the sequel, although I think five years is a long time between films in a series. A new director offers the promise of a markedly different approach to the subject matter, the atmosphere of the film and the way Godzilla is portrayed.

I believe the concept of a "MonsterVerse" is brilliant, and not just for the potential of crossovers. This continuity could go a lot of places, God willing , especially given the source material.

Some non-spoiler photos, however vague, would be nice. But, there's no rush with about 744 days to go.

Jamaal

Mar-06-2017 8:10 PM

With Thomas Tull no longer at Legendary, I wonder what this means for the other producers from Godzilla, like Alex Garcia, Jon Jashni and Mary Parent? These came to mind because they're featured in the extras on the Warner Bros. Blu-ray.

Just wondering.

jiger9899

Mar-06-2017 8:24 PM

@Jamaal, I think he is staying on as producer just for the monsterverse films.

Godzilla 2014 Himself

Mar-07-2017 8:13 AM

Can't wait!!! I really hope they make him a force of nature in this film, one that will fight the military and attack the other monsters with ferocity.

Jamaal

Mar-08-2017 6:48 PM

@jiger9899:

That's good to hear about Thomas Tull. He's a fan and responsible for a lot the great spectacle we've had over the years.

Dragon King Ultrazero80

Mar-08-2017 6:51 PM

I really can't wait to see what Rodan, Mothra, and King Ghidorah will look like in the movie.

CGF (Crazy Godzilla Fan)

Mar-09-2017 2:32 PM

To be honest when I first heard Michael Doughtery was directing, I was 50/50, primarily because of how Krampus turned out with mixed reviews but a film I personally enjoyed and thought that it was done pretty okay. When they announced the cast, I have some high hopes now, but it's just the writing for the cast members I'm a bit iffy about. The writing in most of the film's Doightery worked on is pretty good, but I really hope they don't make it turn out to be too much of a comedy like they did with Skull Island a bit.

But one thing I am mostly interested in is how they plan to incorporate Ghidorah in this considering Ghidorah was an alien monster and I don't see aliens coming into play of the #Monsterverse. But, hey, I'm very excited.

Password

or Create an Account

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster . Providing the latest official and accurate information on , this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for 's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.

Your account has not yet been verified. Please check your email for the verification link to begin posting.

Please review our rules before sharing content

Use Your E-Mail: