Fans Online
Godzilla NewsTrailersGodzilla 2 TrailerGodzilla ShirtsGodzilla shirtFeatured Topics

(UPDATED) Godzilla: King of the Monsters Trailer IS Coming This Week!

(UPDATED) Godzilla: King of the Monsters Trailer IS Coming This Week!

Recently, it was reported the next Godzilla: King of the Monsters trailer would arrive this week. This is per director Michael Dougherty's announcement at Tokyo Comic Con last Saturday.

UPDATE: As of tonight, director Michael Dougherty has refuted the rumor suggesting that Warner Bros. are delaying the new Godzilla: King of the Monsters trailer this week.

It seems the new trailer will drop this week after all, as we originally reported!

UPDATE #2: The new trailer will drop this Sunday during Brazil Comic-Con (December 9th):

Read the original reporting from earlier today below:

However, Screen Rant claims to have been informed by Warner Brothers that the trailer would not be released this week. This comes alongside news of two high profile Marvel Cinematic Universe trailers supposedly dropping today and Wednesday.

With the Captain Marvel and Avengers 4 trailers expected to drop this week, it's been speculated that Warner Brothers may hold the Godzilla trailer so it doesn't get lost in the Marvel hype. Trailer Track has confirmed this is absolutely a possibility as long as a formal date for the trailer has not been announced. It could also be something far less dramatic and Dougherty simply made a mistake this past Saturday.

Either way, the Tokyo Comic Con teaser claimed, "full trailer coming soon". Whether Warner Brothers holds off on this week or not, we can still expect more Godzilla on the horizon.

Godzilla: King of the Monsters stars Kyle Chandler (Super 8, Friday Night Lights), Vera Farmiga (The Departed), Millie Bobby Brown (Stranger Things), O'Shea Jackson (Straight Outta Compton), Aisha Hinds (If I Stay), Anthony Ramos (Hamilton), Charles Dance (Game of Thrones), Randy Havens (Stranger Things), Ken Watanabe, (Godzilla), Sally Hawkins (Godzilla), Thomas Middleditch (Silicon Valley), Bradley Whitford (Get Out, West Wing) and Zhang Ziyi (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon). The film will be directed by Michael Dougherty from his screenplay co-written by Zach Shields. Alex Garcia is producing.

The film bows May 31st, 2019.
Sources:
Screen Rant
Trailer Track

This article was written By G. H. (Gman) and published on 2018-12-03 09:26:01

More Godzilla: King of the Monsters Articles

13 Fan responses to (UPDATED) Godzilla: King of the Monsters Trailer IS Coming This Week!

TheGMan123

Dec-03-2018 1:03 PM

Aw man, it'd suck if it didn't!

I can't be teased like this!

RR44

Dec-03-2018 4:26 PM

tease me or whatever... I'll remain patient. Good things come to those who wait. It's kinda like a Big Mac versus a 20 oz Sirloin Steak cooked just right. You can be hungry... but you'll wait for the steak and fore go the Big Mac.

Tiamatzilla

Dec-03-2018 4:35 PM

Marvel only means Godzilla comics to me. Give us the freaking trailer already. I'm only going to see Godzilla and How to Train your Deagon3 in the theater forget everything else. Marvel Godzilla comics are sweet. Stan did the big God a solid run.

YukisSpecial

Dec-03-2018 5:10 PM

@RR44

My man :)  You get where it's at.  I mean yeah I want to see the movie sooner than later and would have loved a March release date, but summer's gonna be here in no time and I don't want to get all the goodness too tired and spoiled before the event hits.

I knew a young man who far overhyped himself on Pacific Rim while I just waited patiently for it to come, and surprise surprise by the time it came I loved it while he had already burned himself out on it and ended up finding it lame to his hyped up expectations.  Excitement versus impatient demanding can create two very different outcomes in our enjoyment.

Chris

Dec-03-2018 6:00 PM

Warner Bros be playing with our emotions.

Chris

Dec-03-2018 6:40 PM

Mike Dougherty just confirmed Screen Rant was full of it! (Shocker) looks like the trailer is coming after all!

YukisSpecial

Dec-03-2018 6:54 PM

Screen Rant is garbage, their Youtube videos are full of clickbait thumbnails that often lie to the nature of their content for views, and their content leaves a lot to be desired for anything credible as well.  Thanks for the updates, it's great to know we're getting an early Christmas gift from the folks at Team Godzilla :)

Chris

Dec-03-2018 7:04 PM

Yeah sadly they went downhill once they got bought out by "Premium Network" or whatever umbrella company that bought them and CBR / ComicBook(.com). I had to unfollow / unlike their pages for the insane clickbait. Exactly why I've refused to sell this site and the network we built and keep it private.

But yes - VERY glad to hear Dougherty confirming the trailer will arrive THIS SUNDAY!

TheGMan123

Dec-04-2018 4:17 AM

YES! YES! It's a Christmas miracle even though it's not a miracle nor Christmas yet!

Tiamatzilla

Dec-04-2018 5:55 PM

Sweet thanks Dough boy! Hope we get to see Kaiju destroy some property manually. Only thing that could ruin this film is if they killed off Ghidorah Rodan or Godzilla or cut off any of Ghidorah's heads or skimp on the destruction money shots like cheap asses.

As for Pacific Rim i didn't go for spoilers but was stoked for the trailers. I was rooting for the Otachi to defeat all Kaiju and robots seeing she was the closest to a Dragon. Her shin jaw and brutal murder killed that film for me, and as for part 2 there were no Kaiju i loved. I need my beloved Godzilla Ghidorah and Rodan to rule as the Gods! Very very stoked. I have been waiting for this all my life and when 98 came around first I did not believe Hollywood would tuch our king then went into full rebellion when the words "Godzilla defeated" appeared on the screen until I adopt an Iguana and seen how much of a notzilla shin ended up being when Japan swore they would kick out ass and then fired a statue at our Japanese/American King. Fucking blasphemy. If say this KOTM film is well overdue and if I had the cash to see it now id say release it now.... Im broke as shit tho and haven't made a Godzilla convention over a decade and I'm producing a failsafe film for in case we loose to Kong called Tiamatzilla vs the Kaiju Kongs. I'm down with this trailer now but can wait til May for the rest, I'll be at the fest this year as well.

TheGMan123

Dec-04-2018 5:57 PM

Oh man, Godzilla vs. Avengers 4.

I hope we're not overshadowed by Thanos shenanigans.

Dec-04-2018 8:55 PM

Tiamatzilla,
I have no idea what you were trying to say or why any of it has anything to do with the trailer.

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.