Release Date
Fans Online
Get TicketsGodzilla ShirtsGodzilla shirtFeatured

Godzilla: The Planet Eater Teaser Trailer Hits the Web

Godzilla: The Planet Eater Teaser Trailer Hits the Web

Toho Animation and Polygon are kicking off the finale for the Godzilla anime trilogy earlier than they did for the first sequel. Although no new footage is in the teaser, a title animation outlining King Ghidorah is adjoined with the planet destroyer's roar. (Specifically a variation of the Heisei incarnation.)

Check out the teaser Godzilla: The Planet Eater:

The film stars the voice talents of Mamoru Miyano (Mobile Suit Gundam 00Ultraman Zero: The Movie), Takahiro Sakurai (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans), Kana Hanazawa (.hack//Quantum), Yuki Kaji (Attack on Titan), Tomokazu Sugita (Attack on Titan), Junichi Suwabe (Space Dandy), Kenta Miyake (Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn), Kenyu Horiuchi (BleachOne Piece), Kazuhiro Yamaji (Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children), Kazuya Nakai (Dragon Ball Super) and Ari Ozawa (Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun). The film is directed by Kobun Shizuno (Detective Conan: The Darkest Nightmare) & Hiroyuki Seshita (Knights of Sidonia) from a screenplay by Gen Urobuchi (Kamen Rider Gaim).

Tentatively translated as, Godzilla: The Planet Eater, the movie hits Japanese theaters November 9th, 2018.

The film's prequels, Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters and
Godzilla: City on the Edge of Battle are currently streaming on Netflix worldwide.
Source:
Toho Animation Official Youtube Channel

This article was written By G. H. (Gman) and published on 2018-07-31 21:21:06

More Godzilla: King of the Monsters Articles

13 Fan responses to Godzilla: The Planet Eater Teaser Trailer Hits the Web

Jul-31-2018 10:32 PM

I wasn't the biggest fan of this trilogy, but hey, I'd prefer mediocre Godzilla over no Godzilla, and honestly I'm excited. I just hope Ghidorah has a physical presence in the movie.

Am I the only one that thinks of giant space cloud with this marketing?

One good kaiju fight to finish out this run and a wrap to Haruo's ark would make it worth it. I was definitely intrigued by the ideas of CotEoB and I want to see where it leads.

Draegar: The Hooded Figure

Jul-31-2018 10:48 PM

"Am I the only one that thinks of giant space cloud with this marketing?"

Happened to think the same. But due to the plot twists the past two films pulled, it wouldn't surprise me if King Ghidorah happened to be a cosmic cloud of sorts (looking at you Fantastic Four).

Other than that, I continue looking forward to watching the film.

Tiamatzilla

Aug-01-2018 12:09 AM

I really like the second installment, killing off Jr in the first one pissed me off but I say he just was pushed in the ground and grew back into Godzilla Earth. Hope we get more than 5min of Godzilla this time in round 3 and lots of destruction. Was super stoked to see him trash MG city. Love a invincible Godzilla and it was nice to get a city smashed in the future. Godzilla needs to smoke cities in every Godzilla movie. Hope Godzilla and King Ghidorah survive this last installment. Beautiful religious overtones as Kaiju are revered as Gods.

Aug-01-2018 4:37 AM

Cool. I wonder what King Ghidorah will look like and how big he'll be?

RR44

Aug-01-2018 7:21 AM

@KingKaijuGojira - given what this series has brought us already with a 300 meter tall Godzilla... I'm guessing a 550 meter tall Ghidorah. I like a big Godzilla... but even I think 300 meters is too big.

4oo to 600 feet tall to me is acceptable. Anything bigger... is just an upstage to anything Hollywood does. In my opinion.

Desugoji61206

Aug-01-2018 10:55 AM

The 3rd better be better in than the second . Godzilla didn't even fight a real mechagodzilla. And he probably got like 3 minutes of screen time in the entire thing !

albertor.rodriguez

Aug-01-2018 4:57 PM

biggest fan of this Godzilla

The King of the Monsters

Aug-01-2018 5:39 PM

I would not be surprised if Ghidorah is planet-sized at this point. I just want to see how they'll handle him and capitalize on the "Planet Eater" aspect.

Aug-07-2018 12:14 AM

Man this trilogy has really lost all it's gas in the fan base with King of the Monsters coming out soon

Aug-07-2018 8:51 AM

Considering how aggressively mediocre they've been it's not surprising. I actually enjoyed the sequel more and felt it juggled a lot of interesting topics that are too cerebral for the Monsterverse. But the execution of these ideas, and the over-reliance on world building, really leaves a lot to be desired.

Aug-07-2018 10:36 AM

I thought the sequel was far better than Planet of the Monsters, but I do agree. I loved the world building, but when that doesn't contribute to how the story plays out, it does end up feeling like pointless fluff. The nanometal concept was actually one of the few things I wanted to see a film tackle with MechaGodzilla, but the execution was boring since all it amounted to was an expanded version of the original plan. Here's to hoping Ghidorah gets a proper appearance.

Thought's on the possibility of space cloud Ghidorah Gman?

Aug-07-2018 1:46 PM

The Legend of Brian,
It's all fan conjecture, so I'm not worrying about Cloudorah.

I'm more concerned about these amulets that the Exif keep communicating/predicting the future with. What if King Ghidorah isn't a physical entity at all and some sort metaphysical horror they've been in touch with the whole time. The only way they perceive it in their minds is a three headed terror.

Like MechaGodzilla City, it would be an interesting concept, but unfortunate after all the promotion Toho is doing for the monster we're used to seeing. The backlash would be relentless.

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.