Release Date
Fans Online
Get TicketsGodzilla ShirtsGodzilla shirtFeatured

Is this alternative Godzilla design too aggressive?

Is this alternative Godzilla design too aggressive?

Sydney based graphic artist Elden Ardiente recently shared a few fan concepts he created for an alternative Godzilla design. Named Endergoji, this design seems to take aspects of many different Godzilla incarnations and blend them into on monstrous force of nature. With Godzilla 2's marketing bound to ramp up with summer we're obviously excited to see what changes Legendary have made to Godzilla's design but along the way it will be fun to see what fans create as well. Our question to you today is - do you find this Godzilla design to be a good progression from the current state? Or is it a bit too GMK and aggressive for your liking? Sound off in the comments and let us know what you think!

This article was written By Chris and published on 2018-04-22 11:38:48

More Godzilla: King of the Monsters Articles

Ishiro Honda's Wife Passes Away at 101

Ishiro Honda's Wife Passes Away at 101

*We are sad to pass along news that Kimi Honda, wife of the late Ishiro Honda, has passed away. Ed Godziszewski & Steve Ryfle, authors of Ishiro Honda: A Life in Film, from God... Read More

17 Fan responses to Is this alternative Godzilla design too aggressive?

yeetman

Apr-22-2018 11:49 AM

I think its a bit too lizard like.

The Hood

Apr-22-2018 11:51 AM

It really does depend on the type of Godzilla they're portraying.

If they're trying to portray a Godzilla that wants to destroy anything, and go a route similar to Shin Godzilla, then it's fine.

But this design just doesn't work for the non-hostile, protector Godzilla. This is the design that would've fit the tone from the early trailers of Godzilla (2014), not what we actually got.

JurassicNight

Apr-22-2018 11:57 AM

I'm hoping for G in GKOTM to be hostile. I want to see him knock buildings down and get pissed at the military.

Sci-Fi King25

Apr-22-2018 1:22 PM

I’m not a fan of the head but the rest looks cool.

Apr-22-2018 9:48 PM

I think it's OK. I'm always down for seeing how other people interpretations of Godzilla's design.

Apr-23-2018 6:08 AM

I like it. Not CRAZY about it but I like it. I would pay to see this incarnation in a movie.

SuperZillaRealms

Apr-23-2018 6:57 AM

It reminds me of Shin-Goji's design with features from Sokogeki-Goji's

MinecraftDinoKaiju

Apr-23-2018 9:28 AM

MinecraftDinoKaiju

Apr-24-2018 9:08 AM

Hey, does anyone know hat is wrong with the link to this forum (what's your favorite jaeger?)? It doesn't work for me.

MinecraftDinoKaiju

Apr-24-2018 9:15 AM

^

Edit: Hey, does anyone know what is wrong with the link to this forum (what's your favorite jaeger?)? It doesn't work for me.

rexgoji

Apr-24-2018 6:07 PM

no, it's nice looking! besides, godzilla was always pretty agressive. well, most of the time, anyway.

MinecraftDinoKaiju

Apr-24-2018 6:58 PM

Again, as I said, "

MinecraftDinoKaiju

Apr-24-2018 6:59 PM

Edit:

Again, as I said, "If you think of it as a fan-art design for GMK Godzilla if he was in the Monsterverse, then the design looks fine. But if you think of it as an alternate version for the GKOTM version of G14, then I can see where the design becomes questionable. If I'm being honest, it really depends on your perspective/opinion, and this is just mine. But what does everyone else think?". Emphasis on "it really depends on your perspective/opinion". I never said I hated it. I like it, but I also see what make the design questionable. That is just me. Never hated it, but I know how it can be questioned sometimes.

FishersDaddy

Apr-25-2018 5:59 AM

Looks like a cross between Shin Godzilla & Legendary's 2014. I DO agree I'm not a Big fan of the head, looks like GMK Godzilla, but as long as next movie has WAY MORE screen time for GODZILLA & WAY LESS for humans & soldiers (my big complaint for 2014) then I'll be happy.

MinecraftDinoKaiju

Apr-25-2018 9:06 AM

^

See? This guy understands.

MinecraftDinoKaiju

Apr-25-2018 9:09 AM

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.