Sign in with your E-Mail & Password

Log in to view your personalized notifications across Scified!

Godzilla Discussion Forums
Is this alternative Godzilla design too aggressive?

Is this alternative Godzilla design too aggressive?

Scified2018-04-22 11:38:48https://www.scified.com/articles/is-this-alternative-godzilla-design-too-aggressive-57.jpg
31,008 Reads17 CommentsAdd A Comment

Sydney based graphic artist Elden Ardiente recently shared a few fan concepts he created for an alternative Godzilla design. Named Endergoji, this design seems to take aspects of many different Godzilla incarnations and blend them into on monstrous force of nature. With Godzilla 2's marketing bound to ramp up with summer we're obviously excited to see what changes Legendary have made to Godzilla's design but along the way it will be fun to see what fans create as well. Our question to you today is - do you find this Godzilla design to be a good progression from the current state? Or is it a bit too GMK and aggressive for your liking? Sound off in the comments and let us know what you think!

If you are a fan of Godzilla, Toho and the Monsterverse and are looking for a welcoming online community to share your passion and engage with other die-hard Godzilla fans, look no further! Join in the Godzilla Movies forum - a dedicated community of Godzilla movie and Monsterverse fans!

With the upcoming release of Adam Wingard's Godzilla vs. Kong, now is a great time to pick your Titan and represent Godzilla or Kong! Check out some products below and click here for even more options!

Godzilla wins 2021 Shirt
Godzilla Hoodie
Kong Wins 2021 Shirt

This article was written By Chris and published on 2018-04-22 11:38:48

More about upcoming Godzilla projects

Godzilla vs. Kong was the sequel to Michael Dougherty's Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters and was the fourth and final installment in the Monsterverse movie quadrilogy. Now, the Monsterverse takes a new direction - into TV! On January 20th, 2022 Legendary announced a new live-action Godzilla Monsterverse TV Series which will stream on Apple TV Plus network! Be sure to check Godzilla-Movies often for the latest news and info on the Monsterverse TV Series and all things Toho Godzilla as well!

Stay up to date with the latest news on all things Godzilla, Toho and the Monsterverse also by liking us on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram! Also, consider subscribing your email to our blog for instant notifications of when new posts are made!

Find more info:
Recent Godzilla / Monsterverse Articles
17 Fan responses to Is this alternative Godzilla design too aggressive?

yeetman

Mothra LarvaeMember40 XPApr-22-2018 11:49 AM

I think its a bit too lizard like.

Godzilla316

AnguirusMember1067 XPApr-22-2018 11:51 AM

It really does depend on the type of Godzilla they're portraying.

If they're trying to portray a Godzilla that wants to destroy anything, and go a route similar to Shin Godzilla, then it's fine.

But this design just doesn't work for the non-hostile, protector Godzilla. This is the design that would've fit the tone from the early trailers of Godzilla (2014), not what we actually got.

JurassicNight

TitanosaurusMember605 XPApr-22-2018 11:57 AM

I'm hoping for G in GKOTM to be hostile. I want to see him knock buildings down and get pissed at the military.

Sci-Fi King25

GiganMember4297 XPApr-22-2018 1:22 PM

I’m not a fan of the head but the rest looks cool.

BaragonMember262 XPApr-22-2018 9:48 PM

I think it's OK. I'm always down for seeing how other people interpretations of Godzilla's design.

TitanosaurusMember667 XPApr-23-2018 6:08 AM

I like it. Not CRAZY about it but I like it. I would pay to see this incarnation in a movie.

SuperZillaRealms

Mothra LarvaeMember75 XPApr-23-2018 6:57 AM

It reminds me of Shin-Goji's design with features from Sokogeki-Goji's

MinecraftDinoKaiju

TitanosaurusMember968 XPApr-23-2018 9:28 AM

MinecraftDinoKaiju

TitanosaurusMember968 XPApr-24-2018 9:08 AM

Hey, does anyone know hat is wrong with the link to this forum (what's your favorite jaeger?)? It doesn't work for me.

MinecraftDinoKaiju

TitanosaurusMember968 XPApr-24-2018 9:15 AM

^

Edit: Hey, does anyone know what is wrong with the link to this forum (what's your favorite jaeger?)? It doesn't work for me.

MinecraftDinoKaiju

TitanosaurusMember968 XPApr-24-2018 9:17 AM

Hello? Is anyone there?

rexgoji

Mothra LarvaeMember34 XPApr-24-2018 6:07 PM

no, it's nice looking! besides, godzilla was always pretty agressive. well, most of the time, anyway.

MinecraftDinoKaiju

TitanosaurusMember968 XPApr-24-2018 6:58 PM

Again, as I said, "

MinecraftDinoKaiju

TitanosaurusMember968 XPApr-24-2018 6:59 PM

Edit:

Again, as I said, "If you think of it as a fan-art design for GMK Godzilla if he was in the Monsterverse, then the design looks fine. But if you think of it as an alternate version for the GKOTM version of G14, then I can see where the design becomes questionable. If I'm being honest, it really depends on your perspective/opinion, and this is just mine. But what does everyone else think?". Emphasis on "it really depends on your perspective/opinion". I never said I hated it. I like it, but I also see what make the design questionable. That is just me. Never hated it, but I know how it can be questioned sometimes.

FishersDaddy

Mothra LarvaeMember11 XPApr-25-2018 5:59 AM

Looks like a cross between Shin Godzilla & Legendary's 2014. I DO agree I'm not a Big fan of the head, looks like GMK Godzilla, but as long as next movie has WAY MORE screen time for GODZILLA & WAY LESS for humans & soldiers (my big complaint for 2014) then I'll be happy.

MinecraftDinoKaiju

TitanosaurusMember968 XPApr-25-2018 9:06 AM

^

See? This guy understands.

MinecraftDinoKaiju