Sign in with your E-Mail & Password
Godzilla Discussion Forums
King Ghidorah looks menacing in new Godzilla 2 movie still!

King Ghidorah looks menacing in new Godzilla 2 movie still!

Scified2019-01-03 10:43:13https://www.scified.com/articles/king-ghidorah-looks-menacing-new-godzilla-2-movie-still-11.jpg
22,570 Reads35 CommentsAdd A Comment

King Ghidorah looks incredibly menacing in this new Godzilla 2 King of the Monsters movie still, courtesy of USA Today. In addition to the new movie still which can be seen below, we get some new dialogue from the film's director himself, Michael Dougherty. Check it out:

When he was 4, director Michael Dougherty says his primary “security blanket” was a Godzilla toy. “I would take him to church. That's how much I loved him.” And with the new sequel, he’s putting the “god” in the “Godzilla” franchise, bringing back the likes of three-headed golden dragon Ghidorah and winged moth Mothra from the old Japanese monster films. In the movie's world, "they're not just big dumb animals. They were worshipped back in the day," Dougherty says. The titanic creatures once co-existed with humans, yet when they and Godzilla rise once again to find out who truly rules in "King," that understanding between man and monster has been forgotten. “There's a fantastical element that comes into that. It's not just pure science fiction.”

For members of this site, you can now join Team Ghidorah and win cool Ghidorah-themed prizes in the coming weeks!

Let us know what you think of this awesome new still in the comments!

With the upcoming release of Adam Wingard's Godzilla vs. Kong, now is a great time to pick your Titan and represent Godzilla or Kong! Check out some products below and click here for even more options!

Godzilla wins 2021 Shirt
Godzilla Hoodie
Kong Wins 2021 Shirt

This article was written By Chris and published on 2019-01-03 10:43:13

Godzilla vs. Kong (2021) is the sequel to Michael Dougherty's Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters and will be the fourth and final installment in the Monsterverse movie quadrilogy. It will also bridge both the Godzilla movies and Kong: Skull Island by bringing Godzilla and Kong face-to-face for an epic match-up. To learn more about Godzilla vs. Kong, check out the Godzilla vs. Kong about page here!

Stay up to date with the latest news on Godzilla vs. Kong (2021) by liking us on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram! Also, consider subscribing your email to our blog for instant notifications of when new posts are made!

Related Godzilla Movies Articles
35 Fan responses to King Ghidorah looks menacing in new Godzilla 2 movie still!

TheGMan123

TitanosaurusMember729 XPJan-03-2019 10:47 AM

Manm, he looks AMAZING!

KaijuBuildz

TitanosaurusMember567 XPJan-03-2019 10:50 AM

My jaw is on the floor right now!!!

GFan1954

Mothra LarvaeMember25 XPJan-03-2019 11:48 AM

Oh my...  Godzilla...

Moldovan0731

BaragonMember130 XPJan-03-2019 11:49 AM

Perfect... Just perfect...

SkrubWub

Mothra LarvaeMember59 XPJan-03-2019 12:00 PM

That image just scary as hell...

SuperZillaRealms

Mothra LarvaeMember75 XPJan-03-2019 12:22 PM

I’m smiling like an idiot

TitanosaurusMember920 XPJan-03-2019 12:48 PM

Truly menacing. The King of Terror has returned.

mattzilla

Mothra LarvaeMember24 XPJan-03-2019 1:18 PM

He truly looks demonic.

Gojifan2019_yt

Mothra LarvaeMember23 XPJan-03-2019 1:47 PM

I would poop my pants if I saw this irl...but Ghidorah's design is perfect

Elijah Thomas

Mothra LarvaeStaff92 XPJan-03-2019 2:28 PM

I love Mike Dougherty can we keep him in the monsterverse

Gmkgoji

RodanMember1789 XPJan-03-2019 3:36 PM

Wow. Ghidorah looks AWESOME

Grizzlyodin

Mothra LarvaeMember27 XPJan-03-2019 3:56 PM

Ghidorah looks waaaaay hotter the. Smaug lol

Cryptid_Croc

Mothra LarvaeMember27 XPJan-03-2019 4:34 PM

I can't wait to see this version of Ghidorah in action, like how could you not he looks freaking amazing! This movie will be epic.

KingOfTheFrenchMonster

Mothra LarvaeMember22 XPJan-03-2019 4:59 PM

It's... BAD ASS. I had doubts about the finishes of CGI ... I am conquered

KingOfTheFrenchMonster

Mothra LarvaeMember22 XPJan-03-2019 5:03 PM

I dropped a few drops in my pants

TheGMan123

TitanosaurusMember729 XPJan-03-2019 5:14 PM

You know, with this image, we can clearly see the differences between heads.

The left head has straighter horns, the right head has more curved horns, and the middle head has the most ornate curved horns along with 2 rows of spikes running down its neck instead of 1.

Great details to give them personality!

Gmkgoji

RodanMember1789 XPJan-03-2019 5:32 PM

I didn't notice that

Thanks!

Tiamatzilla

BaragonMember222 XPJan-03-2019 6:36 PM

King of kings and Lord of lords! Praise holy Christ Ghidorah! Godzilla please join the Dragon force. I know the humans are your pets but our indestructible God Ghidorah just wants to fight Hedorah by blasting the factories to **** with gravity death day beams. Our mighty Dragon Lord has been on this intergalactic quest to destroy all Hedorah since pollution existed long ago in a galaxy far away. What a divine Dragon God! Praise our holy King Ghidorah! Hallelujah!! Amen!

Tiamatzilla

BaragonMember222 XPJan-03-2019 6:40 PM

also Doughboy's Ghidorah looks way better than the funky anime Ghidorah

Chris

King GhidorahAdmin19707 XPJan-03-2019 6:49 PM

Yeah, it's really neat that they have each of Ghidorah's heads their own personality and their own look.

Titan of Water

BaragonMember458 XPJan-03-2019 6:58 PM

His faces are as scary as I hoped!

TitanosaurusMember920 XPJan-03-2019 7:08 PM

Uh, Tiamatzilla, you know Ghidorah is the Devil right? The King of Terror, the Planet Killer, the Golden Demise, the Death Song of Three Storms, all names he has been called over the years throughout the varuous incarnations. Ghidorah goes from one inhabited planet to the next, wiping out all life for pleasure. King Ghidorah is a living extinction event. The only good incarnation was the weakling from GMK. Godzilla, Mothra and Battra are more likely to be destroying factories to stop Hedorah. Meanwhile, Hedorah probably follows in Ghidorah's wake, feeding off the smoke and ashes of the worlds Ghidorah kills. Ghidorah, God of the Void, wants to return all to the void. But life will now be extinguished so easily. And Godzilla will not let Ghidorah have his way. They will never join forces. Godzilla and King Ghidorah will forever be mortal enemies. And yes, Ghidorah looks 100 times better than in The Planet Eater

RR44

BaragonMember339 XPJan-03-2019 10:40 PM

I wanna see this movie 3 times in one day... even if I have to drink NOS and sneak food in my shorts.

If TOHO cannot see how big of a mistake it would be to just pull the plug because of right's expiring in 2020... I mean... DAMN... Ghidorah looks so bad @$$.

This movie is going to crush the other sci fi fantasy films this year.

ZillaDude345

BaragonMember390 XPJan-04-2019 9:31 AM

wow just wow. This king is the ruler of the Earth. And no one can topple his throne. Except Godzilla

GFanLuke

Mothra LarvaeMember38 XPJan-04-2019 10:12 AM

King Ghidorah looks better every time I see him!

GodzillaFan!!!

Mothra LarvaeMember12 XPJan-04-2019 3:14 PM

My armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt! I am the hurricane, and I am death!

Gmkgoji

RodanMember1789 XPJan-04-2019 3:27 PM

The angel of the abyss rears his heads, spraying the land with his unholy lightning. All tremble before his power, his might and strength! All will bow to the king... Ghidorah

Tiamatzilla

BaragonMember222 XPJan-04-2019 4:56 PM

KingKaijuGojira have some faith in our Lord Ghidorah. I never seen him burn a tree, just vehicles and buildings that grow Hedorahs. I suspect Mars was wiped out for pollution related crimes that would attract and grow Hedorah demons. All these names to demonize Ghidorah were given by those who know nothing of Dragons or Gods for he is both. Mothra messed up the Dragon force in 64. Rodan should eat that bug for that!

Grizzlyodin

Mothra LarvaeMember27 XPJan-04-2019 8:50 PM

I wonder how senpai is gonna preform in KOTM

Tiamatzilla

BaragonMember222 XPJan-05-2019 4:08 AM

Dragons are very unique monsters of magic not only qualifying for their own creature type of all manner of Reptiles and Amphibians but also ranking in as the top Gods and Kaiju of all time. Godzilla, King Ghidorah and Rodan are three shining examples of invincible celestial Dragons!

Cecegames02

BaragonMember154 XPJan-08-2019 8:43 AM

He looks like smaug with three heads! That's ****ing awesome!

kirarinnyowa

Mothra LarvaeMember30 XPJan-08-2019 11:56 AM

Damn, what a king.. He looks amazing!

LegoVenom21

Mothra LarvaeMember22 XPJan-09-2019 7:02 PM

He looks absolutely amazing! I would honestly love to see if each head had a different personality but still all come together to fight Godzilla.

Tiamatzilla

BaragonMember222 XPJan-10-2019 3:09 PM

Hey guys I seen the anime and I'm not down with that crappy Anime Ghidorah and am not part of that poser faith. I'm just a Dragon worshipper that's why I call Ghidorah a God. By the same token so is Godzilla. My apologies to Mothra for she is truly a monster queen demigod and knows the best way to deal with people. As for the true King Ghidorah, let's join Godzilla already. He is the king of kings. I'm a thrall of all Dragons so I hope they don't tear each other apart. Let's have some sympathy for Mothra as well and focus on the true enemy... Destroyah

Tiamatzilla

BaragonMember222 XPJan-10-2019 3:18 PM

A true Dragon would empower it's thralls into angels monsters and Dragons. True omnipotence does not feed on the weak. Dragons makes the weak strong by association.

Enter Your E-Mail

89% To Next Rank
Anguirus
Monster_Zero
Monster_Zero
79% To Next Rank
Anguirus
Godzilla vs. Covid-19 Shirt!
Godzilla vs. Kong Sweater