Fans Online
57% Team Godzilla
12% Team Rodan
11% Team Mothra
20% Team Ghidorah
Godzilla NewsTrailersGodzilla 2 TrailerGodzilla ShirtsGodzilla shirtFeatured Topics

King Ghidorah looks menacing in new Godzilla 2 movie still!

King Ghidorah looks menacing in new Godzilla 2 movie still!

King Ghidorah looks incredibly menacing in this new Godzilla 2 King of the Monsters movie still, courtesy of USA Today. In addition to the new movie still which can be seen below, we get some new dialogue from the film's director himself, Michael Dougherty. Check it out:

When he was 4, director Michael Dougherty says his primary “security blanket” was a Godzilla toy. “I would take him to church. That's how much I loved him.” And with the new sequel, he’s putting the “god” in the “Godzilla” franchise, bringing back the likes of three-headed golden dragon Ghidorah and winged moth Mothra from the old Japanese monster films. In the movie's world, "they're not just big dumb animals. They were worshipped back in the day," Dougherty says. The titanic creatures once co-existed with humans, yet when they and Godzilla rise once again to find out who truly rules in "King," that understanding between man and monster has been forgotten. “There's a fantastical element that comes into that. It's not just pure science fiction.”

For members of this site, you can now join Team Ghidorah and win cool Ghidorah-themed prizes in the coming weeks!

Let us know what you think of this awesome new still in the comments!

This article was written By Chris and published on 2019-01-03 10:43:13

More Godzilla: King of the Monsters Articles

35 Fan responses to King Ghidorah looks menacing in new Godzilla 2 movie still!

TheGMan123 #TeamGhidorah

Jan-03-2019 10:47 AM

Manm, he looks AMAZING!

KaijuWorld #TeamGodzilla

Jan-03-2019 10:50 AM

My jaw is on the floor right now!!!

GFan1954 #TeamGodzilla

Jan-03-2019 11:48 AM

Oh my...  Godzilla...

Moldovan0731 #TeamRodan

Jan-03-2019 11:49 AM

Perfect... Just perfect...

SkrubWub #TeamRodan

Jan-03-2019 12:00 PM

That image just scary as hell...

SuperZillaRealms #TeamGodzilla

Jan-03-2019 12:22 PM

I’m smiling like an idiot

KingKaijuGojira #TeamGodzilla

Jan-03-2019 12:48 PM

Truly menacing. The King of Terror has returned.

mattzilla #TeamGodzilla

Jan-03-2019 1:18 PM

He truly looks demonic.

Gojifan2019_yt #TeamGodzilla

Jan-03-2019 1:47 PM

I would poop my pants if I saw this irl...but Ghidorah's design is perfect

ET13 Productions #TeamGodzilla

Jan-03-2019 2:28 PM

I love Mike Dougherty can we keep him in the monsterverse

Gmkgoji #TeamRodan

Jan-03-2019 3:36 PM

Wow. Ghidorah looks AWESOME

Grizzlyodin #TeamGhidorah

Jan-03-2019 3:56 PM

Ghidorah looks waaaaay hotter the. Smaug lol

Cryptid_Croc #TeamGhidorah

Jan-03-2019 4:34 PM

I can't wait to see this version of Ghidorah in action, like how could you not he looks freaking amazing! This movie will be epic.

KingOfTheFrenchMonster #TeamGodzilla

Jan-03-2019 4:59 PM

It's... BAD ASS. I had doubts about the finishes of CGI ... I am conquered

KingOfTheFrenchMonster #TeamGodzilla

Jan-03-2019 5:03 PM

I dropped a few drops in my pants

TheGMan123 #TeamGhidorah

Jan-03-2019 5:14 PM

You know, with this image, we can clearly see the differences between heads.

The left head has straighter horns, the right head has more curved horns, and the middle head has the most ornate curved horns along with 2 rows of spikes running down its neck instead of 1.

Great details to give them personality!

Gmkgoji #TeamRodan

Jan-03-2019 5:32 PM

I didn't notice that

Thanks!

Tiamatzilla #TeamGhidorah

Jan-03-2019 6:36 PM

King of kings and Lord of lords! Praise holy Christ Ghidorah! Godzilla please join the Dragon force. I know the humans are your pets but our indestructible God Ghidorah just wants to fight Hedorah by blasting the factories to shit with gravity death day beams. Our mighty Dragon Lord has been on this intergalactic quest to destroy all Hedorah since pollution existed long ago in a galaxy far away. What a divine Dragon God! Praise our holy King Ghidorah! Hallelujah!! Amen!

Tiamatzilla #TeamGhidorah

Jan-03-2019 6:40 PM

also Doughboy's Ghidorah looks way better than the funky anime Ghidorah

Chris #TeamRodan

Jan-03-2019 6:49 PM

Yeah, it's really neat that they have each of Ghidorah's heads their own personality and their own look.

Titan of Water #TeamGodzilla

Jan-03-2019 6:58 PM

His faces are as scary as I hoped!

KingKaijuGojira #TeamGodzilla

Jan-03-2019 7:08 PM

Uh, Tiamatzilla, you know Ghidorah is the Devil right? The King of Terror, the Planet Killer, the Golden Demise, the Death Song of Three Storms, all names he has been called over the years throughout the varuous incarnations. Ghidorah goes from one inhabited planet to the next, wiping out all life for pleasure. King Ghidorah is a living extinction event. The only good incarnation was the weakling from GMK. Godzilla, Mothra and Battra are more likely to be destroying factories to stop Hedorah. Meanwhile, Hedorah probably follows in Ghidorah's wake, feeding off the smoke and ashes of the worlds Ghidorah kills. Ghidorah, God of the Void, wants to return all to the void. But life will now be extinguished so easily. And Godzilla will not let Ghidorah have his way. They will never join forces. Godzilla and King Ghidorah will forever be mortal enemies. And yes, Ghidorah looks 100 times better than in The Planet Eater

RR44 #TeamGodzilla

Jan-03-2019 10:40 PM

I wanna see this movie 3 times in one day... even if I have to drink NOS and sneak food in my shorts.

If TOHO cannot see how big of a mistake it would be to just pull the plug because of right's expiring in 2020... I mean... DAMN... Ghidorah looks so bad @$$.

This movie is going to crush the other sci fi fantasy films this year.

ZillaDude345 #TeamGodzilla

Jan-04-2019 9:31 AM

wow just wow. This king is the ruler of the Earth. And no one can topple his throne. Except Godzilla

GFanLuke #TeamGhidorah

Jan-04-2019 10:12 AM

King Ghidorah looks better every time I see him!

GodzillaFan!!! #TeamGodzilla

Jan-04-2019 3:14 PM

My armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt! I am the hurricane, and I am death!

Gmkgoji #TeamRodan

Jan-04-2019 3:27 PM

The angel of the abyss rears his heads, spraying the land with his unholy lightning. All tremble before his power, his might and strength! All will bow to the king... Ghidorah

Tiamatzilla #TeamGhidorah

Jan-04-2019 4:56 PM

KingKaijuGojira have some faith in our Lord Ghidorah. I never seen him burn a tree, just vehicles and buildings that grow Hedorahs. I suspect Mars was wiped out for pollution related crimes that would attract and grow Hedorah demons. All these names to demonize Ghidorah were given by those who know nothing of Dragons or Gods for he is both. Mothra messed up the Dragon force in 64. Rodan should eat that bug for that!

Grizzlyodin #TeamGhidorah

Jan-04-2019 8:50 PM

I wonder how senpai is gonna preform in KOTM

Tiamatzilla #TeamGhidorah

Jan-05-2019 4:08 AM

Dragons are very unique monsters of magic not only qualifying for their own creature type of all manner of Reptiles and Amphibians but also ranking in as the top Gods and Kaiju of all time. Godzilla, King Ghidorah and Rodan are three shining examples of invincible celestial Dragons!

Cecegames02 #TeamGodzilla

Jan-08-2019 8:43 AM

He looks like smaug with three heads! That's fucking awesome!

kirarinnyowa #TeamRodan

Jan-08-2019 11:56 AM

Damn, what a king.. He looks amazing!

LegoVenom21 #TeamGhidorah

Jan-09-2019 7:02 PM

He looks absolutely amazing! I would honestly love to see if each head had a different personality but still all come together to fight Godzilla.

Tiamatzilla #TeamGhidorah

Jan-10-2019 3:09 PM

Hey guys I seen the anime and I'm not down with that crappy Anime Ghidorah and am not part of that poser faith. I'm just a Dragon worshipper that's why I call Ghidorah a God. By the same token so is Godzilla. My apologies to Mothra for she is truly a monster queen demigod and knows the best way to deal with people. As for the true King Ghidorah, let's join Godzilla already. He is the king of kings. I'm a thrall of all Dragons so I hope they don't tear each other apart. Let's have some sympathy for Mothra as well and focus on the true enemy... Destroyah

Tiamatzilla #TeamGhidorah

Jan-10-2019 3:18 PM

A true Dragon would empower it's thralls into angels monsters and Dragons. True omnipotence does not feed on the weak. Dragons makes the weak strong by association.

Member
Drosthra just joined Team Mothra!
Member
Gmkgoji started a new discussion: UPDATE 2:Godzilla comic on the Godzilla Movies forum
Member
Gmkgoji replied to LEGO rodan

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.