News ArticleLatest Godzilla News Headline: Shin Godzilla's Ren Osugi Dies at 66

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) Movie

Godzilla 2 Movie

Godzilla: King of the Monsters arrives in:

Godzilla 2 Movie Poster

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (Godzilla 2) is the upcoming sequel to Legendary Pictures' and Warner Bros. Pictures' Godzilla (2014) movie. Directed by Michael Dougherty, Godzilla: King of the Monsters will see the introduction of other Toho monsters Rodan, Mothra and King Ghidorah. All three superspecies will vie for dominance of Earth and Godzilla will rise again to restore nature's balance.

O'Shea Jackson Jr. who stars in the upcoming Godzilla (2014) sequel, Godzilla: King of the Monsters revently sat down for an interview with Collider and teased a major battle between Godzilla and the film's primary antagonist King Ghidorah which apparently takes place in the final moments of the film! Eager as many of us are, Jackson was unable to contain his excitement for the battle between the two giant Monsters, saying:

... In the last scene between Godzilla and King Ghidorah, I promise you, you will never forget it, in your life... as a nerd, I am foaming at the mouth to get like in the editing room... Godzilla will be the number 1 movie.

He goes on to add one more tidbit about Godzilla and Ghidorah's battle:

The way that him [Godzilla] and Ghidorah fight... man... Kong better bring some shit.

It sounds like the fight between Godzilla and Ghidorah will be rather ruthless according to O'Shea and his excitement has only increased our enthusiasm for it! It also sounds like King Kong has to seriously up his game for his clash with the King of all Monsters in the next sequel which arrives in 2020.

You can watch the entire interview over at Collider.

Did O'Shea's comments get you more hyped up for Godzilla 2? Let us know in the comments!

Godzilla fas looking to discover more about the Godzilla sequel King of the Monsters are encouraged to join in the Godzilla Movies forum - a dedicated community of Godzilla movie and Monsterverse fans.

Stay up to date with the latest news on Godzilla 2 King of the Monsters by liking Scified on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram! Also, consider subscribing your email to our Godzilla blog for instant notifications of when new posts are made!

More Godzilla Movies Articles

Shin Godzilla's Ren Osugi Dies at 66

Shin Godzilla's Ren Osugi Dies at 66

Japanese Academy Award nominee Ren Osugi died yesterday, February 21st, from acute heart failure. The actor was known by Godzilla fans as Prime Minister Seiji Okochi in the mega-hi... Read More

Magnificent Monsters of the Movies

Magnificent Monsters of the Movies

Motion pictures have been around since the late 19th century, when they first captured the imagination of the public even though they were black and white and silent. Back then, ju... Read More

15 Fan responses to King of the Monsters: O'Shea Jackson Jr. teases epic final battle between Godzilla and King Ghidorah!

TheGMan123

Jan-18-2018 6:03 PM

And so....... the teasing has begun.

JurassicNight

Jan-18-2018 6:55 PM

Can't wait, this is my most hyped movie in a while

Danzilla93

Jan-18-2018 6:55 PM

I really want to say, "... let them fight."  But I won't.

Do you admire my restraint?

;)

Jan-18-2018 7:09 PM

^I'm doing just the opposite. I'll be saying "Let Them Fight" all the way through Godzilla vs Kong. But as someone who does not have it, I do admire your restraint.

The Bootleg Rebellious

Jan-18-2018 7:14 PM

Danzilla93

Do it, now.

Danzilla93

Jan-18-2018 7:34 PM

^I did!  I typed "Let them fight" in my post, so I technically said it!

When it comes to giant monsters, I have no restraint. :)

Jan-18-2018 7:39 PM

^Hell yeah! Their isn't anything that restrain us giant monster fans just as there isn't anything that can restrain giant monsters (for long).

The Bootleg Rebellious

Jan-18-2018 7:53 PM

I'm a rebel so I have restraint.

Kilswitch

Jan-18-2018 8:54 PM

Can’t wait to see it in action.

ignorantGuy

Jan-18-2018 10:34 PM

Too bad that this fight won't be as epic as that of Oshea's father (Ice Cube) and the rest of NWA....

Jan-19-2018 4:39 AM

cant wait!

godzilla3580

Jan-19-2018 1:51 PM

O M G... Why he gotta say stuff like that? I'm already hyped, and it's over a year away!

RR44

Jan-22-2018 8:10 AM

After seeing the Pacific Rim's latest trailer.. GKOM.. better step up it's game.. if it wants to be No#1 in the box office. At least we know there is a final battle between 2 monsters.. which makes me wonder.. where is Mothra and Rodan gonna be in the last fight? were they killed by Ghidorah.. or are they helping Godzilla.. or.. are they licking their wounds on the sidelines as G and K ghid.. duke it out?

One thing I'm certain of.. this movie is going to be off the chain with destruction. I want to see Godzilla tear it up in this one.

The Bootleg Rebellious

Jan-22-2018 3:17 PM

^
Ghidorah probably humiliates them first before fighting Goji.

MinecraftDinoKaiju

Feb-07-2018 9:47 AM

Looks like someone forgot to say "Spoiler alert".

Password

or Create an Account

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster . Providing the latest official and accurate information on , this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for 's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.

Your account has not yet been verified. Please check your email for the verification link to begin posting.

Please review our rules before sharing content

Use Your E-Mail: