Trending Articles
Godzilla vs. Kong (2021)
Godzilla vs. Kong 2020
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2 2019
Kong: Skull Island (2017)
Kong: Skull Island
Godzilla (2014)
Godzilla 2014
Featured Content
New NECA Godzilla Figures Revealed!

New NECA Godzilla Figures Revealed!

Scified2020-02-22 07:05:28https://www.scified.com/articles/new-neca-godzilla-figures-revealed-7.png
17,552 Reads1 Upvotes14 CommentsAdd A Comment+ Upvote

NECA has revealed two new Godzilla figures at Toy Fair 2020! The two figures are Godzilla 1989 from Godzilla vs. Biollante and Godzilla 2003 from Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S.. Both figures feature box style packaging with poster artwork and are slated to release sometime during the second  quarter of 2020. Stay tuned to Scified for more updates from Toy Fair 2020!

With the upcoming release of Adam Wingard's Godzilla vs. Kong, now is a great time to pick your Titan and represent Godzilla or Kong! Check out some products below and click here for even more options!

Godzilla wins 2021 Shirt
Godzilla Hoodie
Kong Wins 2021 Shirt

This article was written By Jacob and published on 2020-02-22 07:05:28

Godzilla vs. Kong (2021) is the sequel to Michael Dougherty's Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters and will be the fourth and final installment in the Monsterverse movie quadrilogy. It will also bridge both the Godzilla movies and Kong: Skull Island by bringing Godzilla and Kong face-to-face for an epic match-up. To learn more about Godzilla vs. Kong, check out the Godzilla vs. Kong about page here!

Stay up to date with the latest news on Godzilla vs. Kong (2021) by liking us on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram! Also, consider subscribing your email to our Godzilla blog for instant notifications of when new posts are made!

Related Godzilla Articles
New Godzilla Store Osaka Poster Released

New Godzilla Store Osaka Poster Released

The first official poster artwork for the new Godzilla Store in Osaka has been released. Following the success of the original Godzilla Store in Tokyo, TOHO recently announced thei... Read More

14 Fan responses to New NECA Godzilla Figures Revealed!

Gomi: Ninja Monster #TeamMothra

Feb-22-2020 7:22 AM

Looking great for the most part! Something about the way the tails are positioned isn't giving me the warm fuzzies about their articulation, but otherwise I'd say NECA is continuing to trend upwards with their figure quality.

JurassicKaiju14 #TeamGodzilla

Feb-22-2020 8:05 AM

I'll pass. 1989 looks too fat to me (which is a shame, because 89 is one of my favorite Godzilla designs), and I'm quite happy with my S.H. MonsterArts Godzilla 2002.

Gomi: Ninja Monster #TeamMothra

Feb-22-2020 8:21 AM

JurassicKaiju14: I've been looking at that, and I think it's just the pose and angle. This shot from Toyark's website looks more like what comes to mind when I think BioGoji.

Gomi: Ninja Monster #TeamMothra

Feb-22-2020 8:25 AM

If they closed his mouth and tilted the head up I think it would look much better. But either way I think this is another MosuGoji case, where the in-hand photos paint an entirely different picture from the leaks and promo images.

Gmkgoji #TeamRodan

Feb-22-2020 3:21 PM

I REALLY want that kiryugoji figure now.

macumbalove #TeamGodzilla

Feb-22-2020 4:38 PM

Goji '89 lookin' good!

dk

Feb-22-2020 11:19 PM

It looks good detail wise but seems fat.

Gomi: Ninja Monster #TeamMothra

Feb-23-2020 6:46 AM

Like I said, I really don't think it is:
b=

JurassicKaiju14 #TeamGodzilla

Feb-23-2020 11:17 AM

I dunno, I still feel like the onscreen version looks less pudgy. I can't quite put my finger on it...

G. H. (Gman) #TeamGhidorah

Feb-23-2020 6:02 PM

Diggin' these. The NECA figures have a been a great alternative to Monsterarts for those of us unwilling to take out a second mortgage. I like that the line is primarily dedicated to just Godzilla designs. They're absolutely not perfect, (except for the '62 figure) but you can clearly tell which versions they represent. I for one think the '89 figure is a much better representation of the suit than their '94 figure. Looking forward to grabbing these.

Gomi: Ninja Monster #TeamMothra

Feb-23-2020 8:10 PM

G. H. (Gman): Really? Don't get me wrong, I love getting lots of different Godzillas, but it's driving me nuts that they won't branch out into other TOHO kaiju. I can only put so many Godzilla figures on my shelf before the lack of variety gets to me. I'd kill for an articulated Titanosaurus or Anguirus of this quality and price range, but the likelihood of that is sadly extremely low.

G. H. (Gman) #TeamGhidorah

Feb-23-2020 10:30 PM

Gomi: Ninja Monster,
They don't have the rights to other monsters (apart from what they put out from King of the Monsters.)

Which I'm fine with. I love having a long line of Godzillas on my shelf evolving from the original to the present and I hope we get even more. This has never really happened before and I'm glad there's at least one line with this kind of dedication to it.

There's plenty of other lines with other monsters, taking away from the possibility of other Godzilla designs. So I'm more than content with this--In fact I'm grateful it's happening.

Gomi: Ninja Monster #TeamMothra

Feb-24-2020 6:09 AM

G. H. (Gman): Actually they do supposedly have the rights to every iteration of Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidorah, but good luck ever seeing them make any of those. "Not popular enough" my foot.

True, and I am very grateful that there's and affordable line of well-articulated, fairly accurate Godzilla figures in the first place, that's a childhood dream come true.

The problem is that there aren't other lines of this caliber. Aside from SHMA, the only representation for the majority of my favorite kaiju are either immobile statues or barely poseable vinyl figures. NECA is pretty much my only avenue for the type of figures I like, and them refusing to branch out, especially after we got a taste of what that could be like with KOTM, is what frustrates me.

G. H. (Gman) #TeamGhidorah

Feb-24-2020 12:26 PM

Gomi: Ninja Monster,
It just doesn't bother me at all. I prefer an all Godzilla line of this caliber and am grateful for it. If I want Titanosaurus or King Ghidorah, I'll just look for another line to grab'em.

Godzilla vs. Covid-19 Shirt!
Godzilla vs. Kong Sweater
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
How to include Toho Monsters into the Monsterverse
Member
Isaac just joined Team Kong!