Fans Online
57% Team Godzilla
12% Team Rodan
11% Team Mothra
20% Team Ghidorah
Godzilla NewsTrailersGodzilla 2 TrailerGodzilla ShirtsGodzilla shirtFeatured Topics

Rodan battles Ghidorah in NEW Godzilla: King of the Monsters TV Spot!

Rodan battles Ghidorah in NEW Godzilla: King of the Monsters TV Spot!

A NEW Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters TV Spot has been spotted and made its way online and it packs some seriously awesome new footage! The spot is titled "One King" - and as the title suggests, the spot showcases various Titans / Monsters emerging from Earth and it also shows our first look at a rivalry between two Monsters other than Godzilla and King Ghidorah! In this spot, we get a tease of a battle between Rodan and Ghidorah in the sky! Check it out:

Alright #TeamRodan and #TeamGhidorah, who will win this battle? Sound off in the comments!

Big thanks to TheGMan123 for sharing this with us in the forums!

This article was written By Chris and published on 2019-02-18 06:40:10

More Godzilla: King of the Monsters Articles

20 Fan responses to Rodan battles Ghidorah in NEW Godzilla: King of the Monsters TV Spot!

TheGMan123 #TeamGhidorah

Feb-18-2019 6:41 AM

Yay for finding stuff!

KingKaijuGojira #TeamGodzilla

Feb-18-2019 7:20 AM

Hell yeah! Can't wait

YukisSpecial #TeamRodan

Feb-18-2019 8:09 AM

Thankfully I'm a realistic fanboy and not prone to delusion, so as much as I champion the awesomeness of Rodan I'm going to assume my boy ain't coming out of that little exchange without being a bit on the messed up side, if not just straight up dead.  Gonna be satisfying to watch though, somebody need to warm that overrated dragon up for the Big G. :)

JHT #TeamRodan

Feb-18-2019 9:52 AM

does anyone know what the meant when they said watch the full trailer online. did they mean a new trailer or one of the other two trailers.

Gmkgoji #TeamRodan

Feb-18-2019 10:20 AM

Poor Rodan. My boi Rodan loses to that stinkin 3 headed Hydra. But I was right! Rember the Godzilla king of the monsters battles thread? i was right!

LittleFire #TeamRodan

Feb-18-2019 11:20 AM

Ghidorah would almost certainly be able to take Rodan in a fight, and it's not just the fact that Ghidorah is many times larger and, as always, has his triple beam attack. It took Godzilla, Rodan, and Mothra to beat Ghidorah in his inaugural movie and Invasion of the Astro-Monster. Could we see those 3 team up to take Ghidorah down 55 years after Ghidorah, The Three-Headed Monster?

Moldovan0731 #TeamRodan

Feb-18-2019 1:13 PM

Please don't kill my boi

Tiamatzilla #TeamGhidorah

Feb-18-2019 2:43 PM

Right! 2014 I was scared they would ruin the film by killing Godzilla, now I'm scared for Rodan and King Ghidorah. 1993 killing off Fire Rodan ruined MG2, only thing that will fuck this movie up is killing off Ghidorah or Rodan. Godzilla is gonna survive and beat Kong's ass.

Tiamatzilla #TeamGhidorah

Feb-18-2019 3:18 PM

1991 started the decline of the Heisei series with cutting off Ghidorah's middle head and it completely went to shit when they decided to sent Godzilla into a meltdown. I was pissed that I seen no Heisei after Godzilla vs Biollante in the 90s for some time but when I seen them they killed off Space Godzilla and completely biffed every movie except Mothra in 92. Was better for me to watch the Showa, 1985 with Raymond Burr and Biollante every day than to see my Gods die. The Mothra trilogy was crap. Killed off Dragons. Godzilla 2000 and Megagilas was solid and right on and then the Mellenium series craped out by rebooting every film except the MGs that seen Godzilla defeated. bullshit. Final wars was ok except they killed Manda, Kaiser Ghidorah and no buildings were actually seen being destroyed and don't blink or you will miss Hedorah. That should have been a 4 hour film and Godzilla didn't even get to break the death star. For Daenerys sake Toho give me the job on the next reboot and I'll employ Dragons rule. All Dragons are invincible. That includes Godzilla and Rodan.

VS2187 #TeamMothra

Feb-18-2019 7:56 PM

Rodan is going to get bodied and all I can do is pray for him.

MDK 2 (MinecraftDinoKaiju) #TeamGodzilla

Feb-19-2019 11:07 AM

The fight didn't even look cool in the trailer for me. In  fact, it didn't even look like a fight at all for me. (Probably because it cut away too quickly before I could see and understand what was happening.) So disappointing with how much effort was put into showing that.

Also, given what's going on, I definitely think Rodan will die, and then Ghidorah has his final battle with Godzilla. I like Rodan too, but given his track record after the Showa Era and the rights issues with Legendary and Toho, I think he is definitely going to die. Although, tbh, if (And by if, I mean when.) he dies, I am going to see that and just how King Ghidorah accomplishes in killing Rodan.

YukisSpecial #TeamRodan

Feb-19-2019 4:49 PM

MDK 2

Are you seriously complaining about a split second clip in a teaser?  It's not MEANT to show anything substantial, it's meant to get people excited to head into theaters to see the full moment, not "put effort" into spoiling the whole thing in a preview.  Part of what I'm very appreciative in the advertising so far for KOTM is how restrained it's been, even in the second trailer being so Ghidorah focused they held back and only seemed to show what was absolutely necessary.  It's refreshing, after recent years and trailer packing too much spoilery material in I'm glad that the majority of this film is still left to go and enjoy.

This is when it starts to get annoying, when the fanboys are getting bored waiting for the thing they're anxious for and the petty complaining begins.  Just chill out, enjoy the build up, go about your life and the movie will be here in no time to take in as it should be.

MDK 2 (MinecraftDinoKaiju) #TeamGodzilla

Feb-20-2019 9:54 AM

YukisSpecial I'm not complaining. I meant that I've seen better split second shots from other TV spot for other movies. That was what I was talking about.

Godzillatheking123 #TeamGodzilla

Feb-20-2019 3:20 PM

MDK 2: And I've seen whole movies worst than this trailer. Just sayin'.

MinecraftDinoKaiju #TeamGodzilla

Feb-20-2019 7:47 PM

Godzillatheking123 Yeah, that is true. But my argument from earlier still stands. (Yes, MDK 2 and I are one and the same. Surprised?)

Artemisace #TeamGhidorah

Feb-23-2019 12:05 PM

Ghidorah is going to lay the beat down on poor Rodan, but I'd be willing to bet given other trailer shots that he survives and fights on later in the movie.

Nvoy86 #TeamGhidorah

Feb-23-2019 2:15 PM

From what I've read, two titans will die or at least one for sure but I won't mention exactly who those titans are

MDK 2 (MinecraftDinoKaiju) #TeamGodzilla

Feb-25-2019 10:44 AM

Nvoy86 You won'tmention it, and that's fine. But just using common sense and what's given to us, Rodan will die and King Ghidorah will survive to do a final battle with Godzilla.

Draegar: The Hooded Figure #TeamGodzilla

Feb-27-2019 5:08 PM

Mothra and King Ghidorah seem the likeliest ones to die given their history.

MinecraftDinoKaiju #TeamGodzilla

Feb-27-2019 7:31 PM

Mothra I understand, but Rodan is something else. He got nerfed so much since the Showa Era. They need to bring his Showa durability back.

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.