Release Date
Fans Online
Get TicketsGodzilla ShirtsGodzilla shirtFeatured

Rodan design from Godzilla: King of the Monsters leaked?!

Rodan design from Godzilla: King of the Monsters leaked?!

Has the official design for Rodan from Godzilla: King of the Monsters leaked early?! Many are thinking so, after a photo hit the internet last night claiming to be that of a Rodan maquette for the upcoming Godzilla sequel. The original user who shared the photo to Facebook has since deleted their account along with the original image. Following that, the image was then shared to Twitter by @GeekLifeSociety, who just opened up a new account after their last one was deleted as well - conveniently after they shared the leaked Rodan picture. Coincidence?

Regardless of the shady account deletions, we are urging readers to take the following with a large grain of salt, as no one close to production has officially confirmed the authenticity of the image yet. If it does prove to be accurate however, we'll be sure to keep you updated. In the meantime, have a look for yourself and let us know what you think:

If real, do you think this is a proper portrayal of Rodan? Let us know in the comments section below!

More Godzilla: King of the Monsters Articles

22 Fan responses to Rodan design from Godzilla: King of the Monsters leaked?!

Tiamatzilla

Jul-14-2018 6:14 AM

Missing the underbelly spikes, can't see the tail. Face looks alright legs are a bit small and the scales and wings look great and acceptably new. Over all pretty cool. Can't complain but where are the trademark belly thorns?

Tiamatzilla

Jul-14-2018 6:15 AM

Tiamatzilla

Jul-14-2018 6:16 AM

Second look the face is pretty awesome but I hope he has a tail

KaijuWorld

Jul-14-2018 8:08 AM

Looks more like an eagle than a pterodactyl.

KaijuWorld

Jul-14-2018 8:08 AM

Looks more like an eagle than a pterodactyl.

Jul-14-2018 8:59 AM

Hope it's not. Other than the face, I'm not really feeling the rest.

Emperor GorillaGodzilla

Jul-14-2018 9:14 AM

This design looks great if it is what they ended up going with. I really like the detail in the face, and the sleeker stomach is a nice new addition. the back and wings look great as-well.

Ultrazero80

Jul-14-2018 12:46 PM

If this is real, then I would be fine with it.

Jul-14-2018 1:14 PM

I would be ok if this was real. I really like the face. I just hope he has 2 horns on his head like in the Showa and Millennium designs. I wasn't crazy about the 3 horns of the Heisei Rodan.

godzilla3580

Jul-14-2018 1:16 PM

Honestly, it's pretty cool, but I hope it's not real. I'll be more excited if Rodan looks more like a pterosaur than a bird

MinecraftDinoKaiju

Jul-14-2018 2:30 PM

godzilla3580 Same here.

Jul-14-2018 5:41 PM

I'm digging the bird of prey look here. It's something different for the character, but it keeps the same general idea. I won't be heartbroken if it's fake though.

Lord Tyrannos/I Meme Everything

Jul-14-2018 6:02 PM

God this looks awesome.

ShinG34

Jul-15-2018 6:35 AM

That thing looks more like a ZU from final fantasy

NateZilla10000

Jul-15-2018 1:34 PM

I'm gonna wait for the reveal of the entire body rather than just a singular pose of it that crops much of the model to make my assessment of it, but I will say that (if this is a true leak) I would be glad they did not go full Pterosaur and make Rodan unrecognizable. Rodan was always a mix of bird and pterosaur in design and this design is certainly representative of that.

Desugoji61206

Jul-15-2018 2:51 PM

Now where is king ghidorah!

KaijuWorld

Jul-17-2018 8:31 AM

Well, at least now we know for certain where rodan is.

Jul-17-2018 5:33 PM

Hate this. He looks like a vulture. Not happy if this is anything close to what rodan looks like. He’s not a bird, he’s a pterodactyl. I would take the hiesie version over this. Don’t get me wrong. It looks cool for another monster just not rodan.

MinecraftDinoKaiju

Jul-17-2018 10:19 PM

riggzamortis86 Well then, who does it look good for?

"It looks cool for another monster just not rodan."

KaijuWorld

Jul-18-2018 12:10 AM

^

maybe "the giant claw"? I mean, this design does look like a battleship to me.

Jul-21-2018 9:24 AM

^thats exactly what I would say. Haha!

point is that this design looks good for any other type of flying of monster with any other name. But Rodan isn’t a bird. He’s a flying reptile. No feathers. Rodan should look like a pterodactyl. Not a vulture.

KaijuWorld

Jul-21-2018 9:44 AM

^

exactly and I think he won't have those feathery wings in the final movie. If you look at the picture from the monarch sciences website (the one that looks like a satellite scan) does not have the same wings as this supposed leaked one.

I know it looks like he has feathery wings in the ancient picture drawing, but that is probably an artistic choice to make the drawing look more interesting and accurate to how ancient people used to draw.

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.