Fans Online
57% Team Godzilla
12% Team Rodan
11% Team Mothra
20% Team Ghidorah
Godzilla NewsTrailersGodzilla 2 TrailerGodzilla ShirtsGodzilla shirtFeatured Topics

Shin Godzilla Forms 1 and 2

Shin Godzilla Forms 1 and 2

Found on eBay

I guess we were right!

I am not too pleased about the eyes though

Btw I found concept art of some kind on a website.

So sorry about the quality of the image.

This article was written By AlphaPonpo and published on 2016-08-04 19:48:36

More Godzilla: King of the Monsters Articles

13 Fan responses to Shin Godzilla Forms 1 and 2

Huge-Ben #TeamGhidorah

Aug-05-2016 1:24 AM

Forms 2 and 3. Form 1 is never seen in the film. It even says form 2 and form 3 in the pictures.

Chris #TeamRodan

Aug-05-2016 10:45 AM

Yeah those are form 2 & 3, but still interesting nonetheless!

G. H. (Gman) #TeamGhidorah

Aug-05-2016 1:13 PM

The eyes are so big because the forms are smaller. Eyeballs don't grow, they stay the same size from birth--Hence why they look so much smaller in his final form.

KoldWarKid62

Aug-05-2016 2:26 PM

^ I was skeptical, and actually had to check this one out, and depending on who you ask, there were answers that the eyes don't grow and others that had them growing until the teens and still one or two others that had the eyeball growing an additional 40%, so I don't know that I totally know the right answer here. This is surely not for all creatures, because I've seen tadpoles that are smaller or at least the same size as an adult frog's eye. I have to imagine Marty Feldman's eyes grew (look him up)!

Something Real

Aug-05-2016 2:33 PM

KOLDWARKID62 - Perhaps GMAN2887 is referring to humans? If I am not mistaken (and I very well could be) human eyes remain roughly the same size from the moment of birth all the way to adulthood. If that is the case, then it would be further substantiated by the fact that the creators stated that they wanted Godzilla's eyes to be very similar to a human's. I seem to remember reading that at some point in the past. Regardless, these are only my thoughts on the topic. Nothing more. :)

G. H. (Gman) #TeamGhidorah

Aug-05-2016 2:42 PM

KoldWarKid,
Something Real is correct. The growth of the human eyeball is minimal--roughly the same size as when we're born.
I'm not privy to animal biology, but considering Anno has said Shin Godzilla's eye was modeled after a human's it would make sense that this would be the same case.

So to answer your initial question: The correct biology books. :)

KoldWarKid62

Aug-05-2016 2:42 PM

Something Real - When I looked it up, it did refer only to human eyes.

KoldWarKid62

Aug-05-2016 2:47 PM

I was initially thinking animals, and I'm like "No way", but when I looked it up, the articles referenced humans (didn't know Anno was basing off human eyes), so I will defer to the majority, and stand humbly corrected. ;)

Something Real

Aug-05-2016 2:48 PM

KOLDWARKID62 -  I also discovered a great deal of conflicting information when I searched! Regardless, the information concerning Marty Feldman was incredible! :)

Something Real

Aug-05-2016 3:01 PM

KOLDWARKID62 - Your gracious attitude is a model by which we should all strive to conduct ourselves. :)

KoldWarKid62

Aug-05-2016 3:05 PM

@Something Real - Glad you liked the Marty Feldman thing and hope it gave you a chuckle! Happy Friday, btw!

Something Real

Aug-05-2016 3:13 PM

KOLDWARKID62 - The very same to you! :)

Whalezilla #TeamGodzilla

Aug-05-2016 3:36 PM

i like how they both really resembles animals like how form one looks like a frilled shark and the second one looks like a squid

Member
Drosthra just joined Team Mothra!
Member
Gmkgoji started a new discussion: UPDATE 2:Godzilla comic on the Godzilla Movies forum
Member
Gmkgoji replied to LEGO rodan

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.