Toho has announced a variety of new Godzilla licensing collaborations. The collabs are all designed to help fans from around the world celebrate the King of the Monsters' 66th birthday on November 3rd. You can read about the new announcements below.
Leading up to the iconic kaiju’s 66th birthday on November 3, Toho International, Inc. reveals a slew of Godzilla brand and licensing announcements to help fans celebrate Godzilla Day in ways like never before. The company announces a batch of all-new episodes to drop weekly for its popular “Godzilla Tales” series, which has garnered more than 325K views to-date. Toho also unveils new Godzilla-themed licensing collaborations in gaming, apparel, collectibles and more categories.
“Fans of Godzilla roar louder than any community I know, and we still want to make sure they are able to commemorate their favorite character in exciting new ways,” said Lora Cohn, Managing Director, Toho International, Inc. “With more people online than ever, now is the perfect opportunity to treat fans to the hilarious ‘Godzilla Tales’ series, while also filling the gap between our major theatrical release next year with ‘Godzilla vs. Kong.’ We are thrilled with the seamless collaboration of our licensees to deliver even more meaningful experiences and products to fans.”
“Godzilla Tales” recently dropped as a surprise and delight for fans, bringing Godzilla classic monsters to screens everywhere in bite-sized formats. The series uses iconic footage from dozens of Godzilla films, reformatted into a series of episodes that capture the fun and adventure Godzilla is known for. With nearly 20 episodes ranging from spoofs to original themes, these lighthearted shorts are for fans from all walks of life.
Watch episodes of “Godzilla Tales” out now, with new episodes dropping weekly on the Nerdist YouTube Channel now through the end of the year:
- Godzilla Tales: Challenge All Monsters -- Never pick a fight with the big guy. Trust us on this.
- Godzilla Tales: Monster Lobsterfeast -- You're gonna need a bigger butter dish.
- Godzilla Tales: G-90REX -- Stomping a city? Always hit the gym and get those gains with Godzilla and friends.
- Godzilla Tales: Godzilla & Son Exterminators -- Got a big problem with creepy crawlies? This team blows rings around the competition.
- Godzilla Tales: Godzilla World Tour 2020 -- The shows are awesome, but the encores really bring the house down.
- Godzilla Tales: G-SURANCE -- Giant monsters cause giant problems. Make sure you're covered.
- Godzilla Tales: Godzilla Spa -- Destroying cities is hard work. Unwind like a true King or Queen of the monsters would.
- Godzilla Tales: It's Ghidorah! -- From the makers of "My Three Heads" comes next season's sitcom!
Toho is furthering the Godzilla Day celebrations with the following licensee collaborations:
- Mediatonic recently teased its Godzilla crossover to the world, bringing the fan-favorite kaiju to its hit multiplayer game Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout. Beginning November 3, through a limited time only, fans will have the opportunity to wear the all-new Godzilla skin in the game. Fall Guys is available now on PlayStation 4 and PC via Steam.
- Famous American artist Shag (aka Josh Agle), through the Shag store http://shagstore.bigcartel.com, is combining retro cool with reptile cool through a special limited edition, hand-pulled silkscreen serigraph print in two colorways. This sleekly designed artwork calls back to the classic Showa Era of titles in the Godzilla filmography, with Godzilla in the ‘60s with a wash of swagger and swank that only Shag can deliver.
- Mondo continues its stellar lineup of Godzilla products with some brand-new collectibles. Capturing the world of Godzilla in its unique style, Mondo once again delivers one of its most popular collaborations with all new tiki mugs, apparel, and for the first time with the Godzilla brand, a line of vinyl figures and statues portraying Godzilla like nobody has done before. See entire Godzilla collection HERE.
On November 3, 1954, Godzilla made its first appearance in Toho’s “Godzilla,” a classic monster movie widely regarded as a masterpiece. The date is officially Godzilla’s birthday, with a Godzilla Festival held in Japan each year to celebrate. In 2019, the festival gathered over 20,000 visitors, and this year’s event will be held virtually where even more fans are expected to tune-in.
If you are a fan of Godzilla and are looking for an exclusive online community to share your passion and engage with other die-hard Godzilla fans, look no further! Join in the Godzilla Movies forum - a dedicated community of Godzilla movie and Monsterverse fans!
Get G-ed Up!
With the upcoming release of Adam Wingard's Godzilla vs. Kong, now is a great time to pick your Titan and represent Godzilla or Kong! Check out some products below and click here for even more options!
This article was written By Jacob and published on 2020-11-03 06:47:56
More about upcoming Godzilla movies
Godzilla vs. Kong (2021) is the sequel to Michael Dougherty's Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters and will be the fourth and final installment in the Monsterverse movie quadrilogy. It will also bridge both the Godzilla movies and Kong: Skull Island by bringing Godzilla and Kong face-to-face for an epic match-up. To learn more about Godzilla vs. Kong, check out the Godzilla vs. Kong about page here!
Stay up to date with the latest news on Godzilla vs. Kong (2021) by liking us on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram! Also, consider subscribing your email to our Godzilla blog for instant notifications of when new posts are made!