What are your top 5 favorite Godzilla suits/designs?
Posted Jun-13-2017 9:29 AM
I've edited this topic to just be top 5 as I realize than that top 10 is a lot, so it's top 5 now.
My top 5 Godzilla suits are as listed below:
And for my all time favorite suit...
|18 Responses to What are your top 5 favorite Godzilla suits/designs?|
Ten seems a bit much I'll just list a top 5
I've only got a top five.
Godzilla... Truly a God incarnate.
I think I can probably list this out. Though if we're talking strictly suits, doesn't that eliminate 2014 and 2016? Either way they wouldn't be in my top 5.
In any case:
1) GhidoGoji (1991)
P.S. Godzilla: The King of the Monsters,
^I didn't think about that. Since I am talking about suits, I guess it would eliminate 2014, but I was just wanting to put my favorites. I'll change the title to suits/designs.
I couldn't even tell that it wasn't RadoGoji. The picture I thought I chose for it looked like it to me, but it wasn't after all, but thank you for pointing it out to me.
I'm gonna go by movie date because I never bothered to learn all the "XGoji" names, just too many to retain to memory.
1. 1989 (vs Biollante)
2. 1968 (DAM)
3. 1962 (Kong vs.)
4. G-2000 Millennium
5. 1973 (Megalon)
1. Legendary Godzilla
2. GMK Godzilla
3. Shin Godzilla
4. Godzilla 1954
5. Final Wars Godzilla
"Is that a monkey?"
5. ? ('91/'01)
Godzilla: King of the Monsters,
It's always been difficult for me to narrow down my favorite Godzilla designs and get an actual hierarchy. There's no one design for me that is the only image I see when I think "Godzilla," and there are plenty of designs I like for different reasons. But I'll try to choose a top 5, not necessarily in any particular order.
1. MosuGoji (1964)
2. SoshingekiGoji (1968)
3. MekaGyakushuGoji (1975)
4. BioGoji (1989)
5. MireGoji (1999)/GiraGoji (2000) [I can't choose between the two; I like the face of 1999 and how it looks during night scenes, but I like the gaudy light green and light purple coloration of 2000]
Visit Wikizilla.org, the encyclopedia of Godzilla, Gamera, King Kong, Toho monsters and more that anyone can contribute to.
Does LegendaryGoji count? It was CG.
^Yeah, it counts. I have the title as suits/designs, so Legendary was a design.
Going off designs alone, my top 5 are as follows.
1. Shin Godzilla. I know people may not like the design because of the tiny arms, the thunder thighs, the tail, and skin color but, it represents, to me at least, the arrogance and the sins of mankind.
2. Ghidogoji. Not going to lie here. This was my number 1 until Shin Godzilla. The facial features, although an updated version of the BioGoji, looked more intimidating and the overall design is badass.
3. MekaGyakushuGoji 1975. This is the most updated version of the 73 design. The eyebrows sell the deal. He looks like he's always angry, not only at the other monsters, but still holds a grudge against mankind even though he's a hero in the film.
4. Gmk goji 2001. The tallest suit to date, standing at 7ft talk and I love the eyes.
5. BioGoji. Pretty much the same reason why I love Ghidogoji.
^I'm not a big fan of the ShinGoji design myself, but it's impressed me enough to hold a place as one of the unique designs among the Godzilla franchise. So, I still respect the design enough to a good degree.
And that's fine. It took risks no doubt. But, had this design became a reality in 54, I don't think things would be the same. Ishiro Honda did want Godzilla to look like a literal victim of the atomic bomb. But, it is what it is.
As far as my opinion, Shin has set a new bar as far as a "new" and unique designs go.
Even though I do really like ShinGoji I still have a few things that I'm not that big a fan of.
Godzilla... Truly a God incarnate.
Completely understandable there dragon king ultra.
If we did a top 10 ShinGoji would probably slip in there. I'm not sure exactly what my top 10 would be, but I do see it at least that high for me.
Sign in to add a reply to this topic!