Godzilla Movie

TOY Package gives us a look at The History between Godzilla and MUTO!

1640 Views25 Replies
Forum Topic

junkerde

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-06-2014 10:06 PM

¨since then, the giant creature has been living in the deep ocean - until a threat to his survival from an ancient foe forces him to reappear.¨

*text added by **AL**
25 Replies

junkerde

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-06-2014 10:08 PM

the last sentence, you can infer what MUTO's relationship to Godzilla is

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonMar-06-2014 10:12 PM

Holy crap. O_o

Well... there's your back story.  Pretty much.

Sounds an awful lot like the leaked script, doesn't it?  I thought the "ancient radioactive monster" theory disproved that script, but it looks like that't the origin of Godzilla for the movie! 

Just anther reason to own the Jakks Pacific figure!

(and what an appropriate 100th post for me!)

"Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science Fiction is the improbable made possible." -Rod Serling

The Godzilla Novelization Project: Follow Along Today!

Akagi

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-06-2014 10:12 PM

Really looking like that script is real.

Also, I guess I wasn't too nutty with my precambrian theory, but its looking like Godzilla's species is even older than precambrian. 

He is 350ft Tall people, those things on his neck ARE gills, and the Brazil photo is part of the final advertising design-- Deal with it.

junkerde

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-06-2014 10:13 PM

LOL I think the script was proven real once the 2nd trailer came out

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonMar-06-2014 10:13 PM

Also... the box says "possibly" the last of his species... more fuel for the "two Godzilla's" fire?

"Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science Fiction is the improbable made possible." -Rod Serling

Akagi

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-06-2014 10:24 PM

@Danzilla93

Yeah... sadly. 

He is 350ft Tall people, those things on his neck ARE gills, and the Brazil photo is part of the final advertising design-- Deal with it.

Gojira2K

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-06-2014 10:35 PM

Where are all these toys coming from!?!

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Ernest Hemingway.

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonMar-06-2014 10:40 PM

Gojira2k:

THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO KNOW!!!!!!!!  The image in the other thread looks like it was taken in a store!  ARE STORES GETTING THESE THINGS ALREADY?!?!?!?!  And if so, what am I doing here in front of my computer with Godzilla money burning a hole in my pocket?!?! :)

WRSMOV

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-06-2014 10:41 PM

TOYS R US ;)

True American Godzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-06-2014 10:51 PM

This is cool info, excellent find! I'm happy to hear that the American Godzilla might not be the only one of its kind. Leaves room for all kinds of possibilities for future movies.

I believe in Jesus Christ, who's my Lord and Savior.

John 3:16, Job 41:1-34, Leviticus 18:22

GuateGojira

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-06-2014 11:07 PM

To be sincere, I found this a little disapointing, because I didn't liked the idea that some giant bugs "hunted" the Godzilla species to put they eggs on it and see it die slowly, just like some giant wasps do to species of giant spiders (tarantulas?).

That is like to say that a tiger or lion is directly and particularly killed by a smaller foe. :o(

Well, that is what the suposed "leaked" script said. I realy hope this is NOT true.

junkerde

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-06-2014 11:14 PM

Is it the plot point that you dont like, the technical stuff, or you just dont like the idea of insects hurting our favorite monster Godzilla?

Because honestly, imo, that isn't a good reason. Not bashing you or anything.

Sim

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-06-2014 11:18 PM

"Really looking like that script is real.

Also, I guess I wasn't too nutty with my precambrian theory, but its looking like Godzilla's species is even older than precambrian."

That's not possible: The Precambrian dates from the formation of the Earth 4.6 billion years ago to 540 million years ago. Only simple animals similar to sponges, jellyfish and worms had evolved prior to the end of the Precambrian. Godzilla has gills, so he is either a reptile that secondarily evolved gills after they were lost in his reptilian acestors, or he is a highly derived reptilomorph amphibian of some sort. Zoologically speaking, he would be placed in an entirely serperate class apart from amniotes (reptiles and mammals) and his connective tissues would be extremely different (and much stronger) than anything found in real animals. His bones would have to be as strong as some of the strongest metals on Earth, and his connective tissues would need to consist of polymers 100s of times stronger than regular proteins. Interesingly, if he were a real creature, the adaptations that allow his species to support their weight would render him nearly industructible. The fact that he lives off ionizing radiation also makes him a radiotroph; basically an organism that produces organic compounds from CO2 and some pigment that reacts with ionizing radation such as gamma rays. 

Regarding the Mutos, all I can say is virtually every organism has parasites of some kind, so why should Godzilla not have natural enemies? 

GODZILLA HIMSELF

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-06-2014 11:18 PM

i as well, hate the idea that godzilla is the hunted, or that he is actually "forced" to do something, hes the freaking king for crying out loud!while i dont mind the idea of a species of godzillas, i kind of hope that there will be something that sets Gojira apart from the rest, something that we dont completely understand which makes him far more deadly

king of the monsters

Sim

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-06-2014 11:24 PM

Godzilla did have a "natural" enemy in the second movie, he was an ankylosaur called Anguirus. How is this significantly different? 

Regarding there being more than one Godzilla, again, that was suggested at the end of the 1st film and confirmed with Godzilla Raids Again. Sounds to me like the director is sticking very close to the original films. 

As far as what sets him apart... he did have nukes dropped on him, and his species feeds on radiation. 

GODZILLA HIMSELF

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-06-2014 11:32 PM

anguirus was a natural enemy, but not a significant threat

king of the monsters

junkerde

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-06-2014 11:46 PM

they literally were fighting the whole movie, idk how that isn't a significant threat. if he wasn't significant godzilla would've been able to off him early in the film. Also Being shot in the face with atomic breathe and being able to withstand that, im sorry but that IS a significant threat, of course for that film.

GODZILLA HIMSELF

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-06-2014 11:52 PM

well, you have a point, pherhaps the lack of good visual effects decived me in that film, it didnt look like either were hurt at all until godzilla suddenly finished him off with the breath.

all in all, i guess i could see the muto have a role like anguirus in G raids again.

king of the monsters

GuateGojira

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-07-2014 1:50 AM

Junkerde: What I don't like is the idea that Godzilla (the King) is "hunted" by another species.

I mean, he is the main predator, is like the tiger or lion, and although there are some cases (in real life) of dholes and lycaons (the wild dogs of Asia and Africa, respectively) hunting tigers and lions, these are exceptional cases.

The analogy with Anguirus is diferent, because they are "natural enemies", but still, Godzilla was the predator of the two. On the other hand, this new movie (based in the "not yet corroborated" plot), Godzilla will be the prey! >:(

I really hope that this is not the case. We most wait until May for that.

GuateGojira

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-07-2014 2:00 AM

Hey, what IF the Muto is actually just a parasite that eat the energy/blood of Godzilla? Then it will not be a predator per se.

But latter, the human activity transformed this previous parasite in to a REAL predator that not only wants to eat Godzilla but also all the other living things in the Planet???

This hypotesis fits more or less well with the possible plot, don't you think?

junkerde

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-07-2014 2:18 AM

Guategojira, i dont find that to be a reason to hate it, or the movie. It's a plot point that is important to the story they are telling, we need a real threat to Godzilla, and them showing that Godzilla could kill it makes him that much more powerful.

Sim

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-07-2014 8:10 AM

Leaked script aside (keep in mind it may not have been the final draft) people who saw the 20 min of footage (IGN specifically) said that Godzilla was actively persuing the Muto accross the Pacific and he flat out crushes one in Hawaii. Think Triceratops vs. T. rex or hyenas vs. lions. The fact that they can kill each other doesn't mean one is a hapless sheep and the other is a wolf! 

What I want to know is what the heck the Mutos actually are. Godzilla is clearly some kind of tetrapod, but the Mutos don't look like any animal phyla on Earth; they look like aliens. I think there is a good chance that they are analogous to the kaiju from specific Rim... Oh wait! The kaiju tried to invade the Earth during the Triassic and were stopped by something... and Gareth has been in talks with Del Torro off and on.. are you kidding me? Does this look like what I think it does?

gtbetta35

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-07-2014 8:25 AM

To be completely honest, The vocabulary in the writing is not 3+ appropriate. "Kill" "Atomic" "Evolved" "Pacific Ocean" "1954" etc. etc. The list goes on. That's not marketing of a professional company trying to sell to kids. I've never seen a paragraph explaining a movie in such detail behind a 3+ kids toy. Hm.

GuateGojira

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-07-2014 1:50 PM

Junkerde: I have NEVER said that I “hated” anything of the movie or the monsters itself. Don’t put word in my mouth, ok?

I only said that I don’t liked the “idea” of Godzilla species been eat by other species, that all!

Did you read my last post? I stated a possible hypothesis about the significance of the Mutos and how it could be a real danger for Godzilla and all the living things of this planet. However, I also said that we will need to wait until May to see the true.

GODZILLA HIMSELF

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-07-2014 3:33 PM

@SIM

woa, this makes a pacific rim crossover, that much more feasable

course, it srill probably wont happen

king of the monsters

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
74% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums