Sign in with your E-Mail & Password
Godzilla Discussion Forums
Godzilla Displays New Powers in Planet of the Monsters Special Preview

Godzilla Displays New Powers in Planet of the Monsters Special Preview

Scified2017-12-19 16:26:27https://www.scified.com/articles/godzilla-displays-new-powers-planet-the-monsters-special-preview-16.png
15,789 Reads13 CommentsAdd A Comment

Although the fairly limited box office run of Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters is coming to a fairly disappointing end, its reign on Netflix has yet to begin. Likely in anticipation for it, Toho Animation and Polygon have released a special character preview for the film showcasing the various players and new footage of Godzilla. Take a look:

Thanks to Ben Chaffins on Twitter for notifying us.

Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters
stars the voice talents of Mamoru Miyano (Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Ultraman Zero: The Movie), Takahiro Sakurai (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans), Kana Hanazawa (.hack//Quantum), Yuki Kaji (Attack on Titan), Tomokazu Sugita (Attack on Titan), Junichi Suwabe (Space Dandy), Kenta Miyake (Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn), Kenyu Horiuchi (Bleach, One Piece), Kazuhiro Yamaji (Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children) and Kazuya Nakai (Dragon Ball Super). The film is directed by Kobun Shizuno (Detective Conan: The Darkest Nightmare) & Hiroyuki Seshita (Knights of Sidonia) from a screenplay by Gen Urobuchi (Kamen Rider Gaim).

The movie is currently wrapping up its run in Japanese theaters and will hit Netflix worldwide sometime in 2018.

The sequel, currently translated as Godzilla: Decisive Battle, Mobile Breeder City, hits Japanese theaters May, 2018.
Sources:
Toho Animation Official Youtube

With the upcoming release of Adam Wingard's Godzilla vs. Kong, now is a great time to pick your Titan and represent Godzilla or Kong! Check out some products below and click here for even more options!

Godzilla wins 2021 Shirt
Godzilla Hoodie
Kong Wins 2021 Shirt

This article was written By G. H. (Gman) and published on 2017-12-19 16:26:27

Godzilla vs. Kong (2021) is the sequel to Michael Dougherty's Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters and will be the fourth and final installment in the Monsterverse movie quadrilogy. It will also bridge both the Godzilla movies and Kong: Skull Island by bringing Godzilla and Kong face-to-face for an epic match-up. To learn more about Godzilla vs. Kong, check out the Godzilla vs. Kong about page here!

Stay up to date with the latest news on Godzilla vs. Kong (2021) by liking us on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram! Also, consider subscribing your email to our blog for instant notifications of when new posts are made!

Related Godzilla Movies Articles
13 Fan responses to Godzilla Displays New Powers in Planet of the Monsters Special Preview

TitanosaurusMember920 XPDec-19-2017 6:09 PM

I would have made an editorial myself for this trailer, but the last time I tried it didn't work. Which is why I made a discussion post for the trailer. Oh well. What's done is done. Anyways, I'm intrigued by Godzilla's new powers. I can't wait for the anime to come to Netflix.

The Jurassic Bootleg

BaragonMember468 XPDec-19-2017 7:13 PM

Interesting.

Danzilla93

BaragonMember210 XPDec-19-2017 8:27 PM

On a similar note, NHK World did a half hour special on the film that has found its way to YouTube.  I'd post it as an editorial, but I currently have no internet in my apartment, so formatting a banner and typing out a full article is sadly not an option for me right now. :(

So, here is be:

The Jurassic Bootleg

BaragonMember468 XPDec-19-2017 8:30 PM

^^

Huh, interesting, still waiting for the dub tho.

Sci-Fi King25

GiganMember4297 XPDec-20-2017 4:30 AM

I think there are two Godzillas. Look at 0:45. There’s a beam that looks like the Atomic Breath coming from somewhere offscreen, but you can see Godzilla in the background.

TitanosaurusMember667 XPDec-20-2017 5:50 AM

^it is believed to be coming from Godzilla's tail like in Shin. That's what I heard. Don't hold me against it though.

I want to know what the "invisible ray" coming from Godzilla's mouth is. What is the story with that?

TitanosaurusMember920 XPDec-20-2017 6:43 AM

@Sci-Fi King25, It could be Godzilla Jr. This is a Planet of the Monsters after all. If you look at 1:03, you can see Godzilla is missing the chin spikes. But is you look at the beginning and end of the trailer, he has them. there are likely 2 Godzillas.

@riggzamortis86, I think that invisible ray is an EMP. This incarnation is supposed to emit EMPs like the Muto, so it could a directed attack. Whatever it is, it's pretty cool.

TitanosaurusMember667 XPDec-20-2017 7:10 AM

^Oh. thanks for the info.

I never noticed the chin spikes. you may be on to something, but I heard about the tail power a while back.

Huge-Ben

BaragonMember330 XPDec-20-2017 10:40 AM

I hate to be a ball-buster here but, there's only 1 confirmed Godzilla in this anime. He starts off at 50 meters tall and grows to 300 meters. 984 feet to be exact. This Godzilla does have a tail beam attack just a little bit different than Shin Godzilla. The Japanese I've talked to all confirm this but have not told me about the story. I'd like to keep it that way to be honest.

This is all the information I contain at my disposal. Spoilers I guess. Don't worry, more to come soon.

Danzilla93

BaragonMember210 XPDec-20-2017 10:57 AM

^ Sorry man, but that's not the case.

I will not spoil the movie here, but I will say that the 50 meter Godzilla that caused humanity to flee the Earth and the 300 meter Godzilla (referred to as "Godzilla Earth") are the same creature.

In regards to the "second Godzilla" thing, I know what's going on and whether it's true or not, and I'll only spoil it if you guys want me to.

TitanosaurusMember920 XPDec-20-2017 11:27 AM

^I know what is going on too and, whether it is true or not, have chosen to remain quiet out of respect for others who do not want spoilers.

Danzilla93

BaragonMember210 XPDec-20-2017 11:42 AM

^Good on ya, man. :) That's the way to go.

I certainly don't intend to spoil anything in a comments section; that's just plain inconsiderate.  If anyone is curious and doesn't care about spoilers, however, a PM is the way to go.

However, I'd urge you all to just wait to see the film.  The events that occur surrounding Godzilla and humanity after the latter' return to Earth is best enjoyed not knowing what is going to happen.  But that's just my two cents.

RR44

BaragonMember339 XPDec-23-2017 8:14 PM

Whoa.. that last blast.. was off the chain insane. I look forward to seeing the whole thing.

Enter Your E-Mail

85% To Next Rank
Anguirus
Monster_Zero
Monster_Zero
78% To Next Rank
Anguirus
Gojira Forces (Lim Chen Xi)
Gojira Forces (Lim Chen Xi)
64% To Next Rank
Titanosaurus
KaijuBuildz
KaijuBuildz
57% To Next Rank
Titanosaurus
Die-hard Spino Fan
Die-hard Spino Fan
94% To Next Rank
Baragon
Godzilla vs. Covid-19 Shirt!
Godzilla vs. Kong Sweater