Sign in with your E-Mail & Password
Godzilla Discussion Forums
Happy 65 Years Godzilla!

Happy 65 Years Godzilla!

Scified2019-11-03 09:43:21https://www.scified.com/articles/happy-65-years-godzilla-8.png
9,009 Reads17 CommentsAdd A Comment

On November 3rd, 1954, the King of the Monsters rose from the depths for the first time. 65 years later he's still going strong as fans celebrate his 6+ decades in pop-culture.

The 65th Anniversary year has brought many celebrations, along with the Netflix release of Godzilla: The Planet Eater, Legendary's sequel to the 2014 reboot, Godzilla: King of the Monsters, Universal's Godzilla vs. Evangelion 4D Ride and Criterion's release of The Showa Era on Blu-ray.

Toho continues the celebration by announcing a wider release of the Godzilla short film from last year (utilizing the recently built 1954 Godzilla suit), an upcoming theme park attraction, the announcement of more widespread distribution of Godzilla films, including a clothing line, a new toy line and, of course, Legendary's upcoming sequel, Godzilla vs. Kong.

Toho has been very dedicated to reaching more and more fans with Godzilla and the turn of the 65th anniversary promises to maintain that momentum.

Happy Birthday Godzilla!

With the upcoming release of Adam Wingard's Godzilla vs. Kong, now is a great time to pick your Titan and represent Godzilla or Kong! Check out some products below and click here for even more options!

Godzilla wins 2021 Shirt
Godzilla Hoodie
Kong Wins 2021 Shirt

This article was written By G. H. (Gman) and published on 2019-11-03 09:43:21

Godzilla vs. Kong (2021) is the sequel to Michael Dougherty's Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters and will be the fourth and final installment in the Monsterverse movie quadrilogy. It will also bridge both the Godzilla movies and Kong: Skull Island by bringing Godzilla and Kong face-to-face for an epic match-up. To learn more about Godzilla vs. Kong, check out the Godzilla vs. Kong about page here!

Stay up to date with the latest news on Godzilla vs. Kong (2021) by liking us on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram! Also, consider subscribing your email to our blog for instant notifications of when new posts are made!

Related Godzilla Movies Articles
17 Fan responses to Happy 65 Years Godzilla!

Ganimes V.8

BaragonMember328 XPNov-03-2019 10:01 AM

Everybody knows that.

Gomi: Ninja Monster

BaragonMember251 XPNov-03-2019 10:05 AM

Well here yes, but it's fun to mention it.

Kattozilla

TitanosaurusMember834 XPNov-03-2019 10:06 AM

i made a thing 2 celebrate

Gomi: Ninja Monster

BaragonMember251 XPNov-03-2019 10:35 AM

That is a strange combination of hackneyed lazy MS paint look and an actually nice stylization of Godzilla's design.

I like it.

Ganimes V.8

BaragonMember328 XPNov-03-2019 11:09 AM

My battle sucks,ANYWAYS HAPPY BIRTHDAY GODZILLA!

Gmkgoji

RodanMember1789 XPNov-03-2019 11:32 AM

Happ birth Gawdziller.

KaijuBuildz

BaragonMember493 XPNov-03-2019 11:40 AM

Shin Godzilla: "Look how old you have become."

Gojira 1954: "Something way worse has happened to you."

Anyway, happy birthday big G.

TitanosaurusMember906 XPNov-03-2019 1:41 PM

Long Live the King!

Titan of Water

BaragonMember458 XPNov-03-2019 2:25 PM

May the King reign another 65 years and more.

ZillaDude345

BaragonMember390 XPNov-03-2019 3:39 PM

Happy b day big G

Xenotaris

GiganMember2523 XPNov-03-2019 5:53 PM

Happy birthday King of the Monsters

MinecraftDinoKaiju

TitanosaurusMember968 XPNov-04-2019 8:55 AM

I know I am late, but I was busy watching the original Gojira (1954).

Happy 65th birthday, Godzilla.

Monster_Zero

AnguirusMember1058 XPNov-04-2019 8:59 AM

Happy 65th Big G!

TheLazyFish

RodanMember1629 XPNov-04-2019 9:42 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GODZILLA!!!!!

GO GO GODZILLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

24bics

Mothra LarvaeMember13 XPNov-09-2019 5:30 PM

Sorry I'm late to the party. Happy birthday Godzilla!!

JurassicKaiju14

TitanosaurusMember616 XPNov-22-2019 5:03 PM

Who am I? That is not an easy question to answer. For I have been many things, and shall be many more yet.

I teach you the consequences of your folly. And yet I will deliver you from your destruction to learn another day.

I remind you of your mistakes. And I give you a light into the future.

I have prayed for my death. And yet I fight for my life.

I have been a victim. I have been a tyrant.

I have been a hero. I have been a demon.

I have been a guardian of Earth. And I have been a destroyer of worlds.

I have been your deliverence from extinction and the bringer of your doom.

I am terrible and wondrous and all things between.

I have been many things. But though I may change, this one truth shall remain…

I. AM. KING.

Happy Birthday, Gojira. Here's to another 65 years.

I know, I know, I'm super late. But I didn't have an account back when this was put up, and I wanted to do something a little more than a simple "Happy Birthday".

TheLazyFish

94% To Next Rank
Anguirus
sonictiger
sonictiger
83% To Next Rank
Anguirus
Godzilla vs. Covid-19 Shirt!
Godzilla vs. Kong Sweater