Godzilla Movie

Thank you to everyone for their support

2035 Views34 Replies
Forum Topic

Madzilla's Dad

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-12-2014 2:58 PM

*EDIT: My original message has been taken down by my request.  The thread made it to the right people.  Thank you to everyone who shared my message, it worked.  I look forward to filling everyone in on the plan once its known.

Thank you, Thank You, Thank You 

Maddex's Dad

34 Replies

Svanya

AdminGiganFeb-12-2014 5:52 PM

Going to show this to Chris right away so he can post it on the Facebook so it gets seen by as many people as possible! I also featured it so it stays relevant and doesn't get buried under other posts. :)

I hope your son gets his wish and I really hope he goes into remission. 

THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-12-2014 7:10 PM

This is amazing. Any kid like him deserves to be able to do something they love. Especially if it's Godzilla ;)

ゴジラ 2014 Rules

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-12-2014 7:25 PM

i hope he can get his wish and be like godzilla i always wanted to be like Godzilla 1993

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonFeb-12-2014 7:57 PM

Wow, this made my night.  The Make A Wish Foundation is such a special organization, and they truly do make dreams come true for those who need it the most.  My father was actually the President of the Foundation for many years when I was a child, and I got to hear about the amazing work they are doing first hand.  I hope your son gets his wish, and I will keep him, you, and the rest of your family in my prayers. :) 

"Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science Fiction is the improbable made possible." -Rod Serling

The Godzilla Novelization Project: Follow Along Today!

Madzilla's Dad

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-12-2014 8:26 PM

Maddex is doing great.  He has been in remission since May 2013, which was after his 1st phase of treatment(Induction which is most intense).  He is currently in the last phase of treatment called maintenence until Oct 2015.  Treatments are not easy, but thankfully they are much less frequent.  He does get a new Godzilla character or movie every time we go into clinic, he has ALOT.  I will keep everyone posted on the progress of this projuect. 

Svanya

AdminGiganFeb-12-2014 8:53 PM

@Madzilla's Dad; That is great news! Really wonderful news! I am so glad he is getting better. :)

Chris

AdminSpaceGodzillaFeb-12-2014 9:05 PM

Hope he continues to get well! As soon as I'm back on my Laptop I'll feature this on our Facebook page to give you as much coverage as possible. My prayers go out to Maddex!

Hyped for: Alien: Romulus | Badlands (Predator 6) | Cloverfield 4

gojifan02

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-12-2014 9:19 PM

I hope he  gets way way better. @Madzilla's, tell him Gojifan02 said hope ur doing well :-)

RESPECT THE GOLDEN MIRUmiru

russels-crockpot

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-12-2014 11:03 PM

Hope it works out.

Lobsterdance Productions

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-12-2014 11:21 PM

I've sent you a PM, Tony. :)

wunderschatze

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-12-2014 11:54 PM

Epic Picture ..... aweasome....

http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1366/39/1366392038540.jpg

Gregojira

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-13-2014 12:01 AM

Greetings!

A friend pointed this article out to me... and I'd love to be able to contribute.

Every Halloween, my friends and I put on a free show for the kids in Clinton Hill, Brooklyn, New York.  A few years, back, we cobbled together a Godzilla themed production complete with a '62 Godzilla, King Ghidorah, and the Toho King Kong.

The show garnered rave reviews locally... and someone at NBC got wind of it.  I was invited to bring my home-made suiton the set of 30 Rock for an episode in season 5 of the popular series, "Chain Reaction of Mental Anguish".

The suit itself has gone through several changes since then (as the kiaju suits often did in the studios that Japan used to produce the classic Godzilla films)... but I still have the know-how.

Perhaps i could work with you folks to whip up a Godzilla costume for the little guy to wear so he could stomp around and wreck a cardboard city or two;-)

Just let me know...

G

Gregojira

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-13-2014 12:20 AM

http://bkhalloween.com/2010/04/18/halloween-show-2009-is-live/ 

I have better photos of the suit upon request...

Yeti_Fan

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-13-2014 12:37 AM

I have the biggest stupidest grin on face right now.

Chris

AdminSpaceGodzillaFeb-13-2014 1:14 AM

Love seeing the amount of support this is getting. :) Really great, thanks everyone!

Hyped for: Alien: Romulus | Badlands (Predator 6) | Cloverfield 4

KyleP555

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-13-2014 2:03 AM

Incredible idea!
I run a fairly new fx shop out of Connecticut & would love to be involved! We did a 13' Stay Puft for a Shriners group a while back that can be seen here: http://decimateddesigns.com/projects/11/ 

Glippernip

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-13-2014 3:04 AM

Does anyone know roughly where the child lives/what area of the country?  I know that Make A Wish can fly children wherever, but if they stay close to him, it might help potential volunteers to know what city/cities the hopeful event will take place.

4Kaiju

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-13-2014 3:05 AM

Get well soon Maddex.

best hopes and wishes for you.

Big Mac

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-13-2014 4:30 AM

In my opinion, you also should have your son attend an early screening of the new godzilla movie coming up this year.  He deserves to see it as much as any fan would.  You should try emailing someone who on it about your son.  I wish the best for him.

GodzillaSays

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-13-2014 6:16 AM

You have the full support of The King of Monsters.

Follow me on Twitter @GodzillaSays or your city becomes my dance floor.

rockstar82

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-13-2014 8:49 AM

As an individual whose made a Godzilla suit before here:[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJOgMBwoVlI ] I can say that your main ingrediants for any good monster suit will be foam rubber (the green kind from Joanne's Fabric or Michaels) 2", 1", and 1/2" thicknesses, HX-200 Casting Latex from Holdens Latex (visit here [ http://holdenslatex.com/ ]), Cement glue, and the (latex based) color paint you need from any hardware store. First draw out how you plan the design to look, get your sons and whoever else is participating measurements, cut sections of the foam out and glue them together using the cement glue and t-pins on the lining ends so they form the shape of the section. When you've completed all sections, glue and t-pin them so it forms the base of the body. (make sure you do this in a "ventilated area" as the fumes of both cement glue and raw latex can be harmful. Use breathing protection too). Once the base is complete, take some 100% cotton sheeting and cement glue that over the whole surface. This will strengthen and lengthen the suits lifetime and durability. Also see if you can get a scuba diving strength zipper to sew onto the cotton sheeting ends where the opening in the back of the suit should go. After that, try to cut a whole bunch of scales or other body aspects from the foam rubber to detail over the base/sheeting again with cement glue and t-pins. Depending on if you want to have a moving mouth or not, you may have to construct the mouth with a wooden frame and install electric servos to move the mouth by remote control. I can have my friend Jacob come on here and explain that and anything else he can elaborate on what I've said so far. After you've thrown all the detail you want, its time to mix your HX-200 Latex with the colored paint you desire. It doesn't take a whole lot of paint to color latex, so you may want to consider getting "sample bottles" of the color to save money as those should be enough. Start with a small bucket and add and mix as necessary. You'll need "at least" 5 coats of latex painted over the surface. Thats basically how I made my suit. I wish the best for you and your son here and he will be in my prayers that will get his wish here. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

-Billy DuBose

Auntiezilla

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-13-2014 11:49 AM

Five year old Maddex has Leukemia and fights everyday to stay well with a positive attitude.  Let's all help make his wish come true. Everything in his room has Godzilla on it, Maddex talks all day about Godzilla.   I cried when I gave him a small plasic figure of Godzilla because it made him so happy. Please pass this around to make this possible for him. This would be so awesome for him.

Xenotype

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-13-2014 12:20 PM

Its wonderful to see all these people supporting you, I hope it goes very very well for Maddex

Kaiju Brother Zero 3

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-13-2014 3:21 PM

Tony my name is Scott and I have a very cool idea that the foundation could d  for your son. Every year in Chicago, there is a convention called GFest and it is all about Godzilla. There is so much to do but the specific thing I want to tell you is that we shhot small moviesmevery year there. We have cities, monster costumes and everything. We have people from the convention come in to do crowd fleeing scenes. Therenis so much to tell you. Alot of my Godzilla friends who come to this wnt him to be able to come. Please contact me at godzilla19742000@hotmail.com so I ca give you my phone number and tell you more. I have been going to this convention for 12 years and is very family friendly and we would love to have you guys there.

taylour_monster

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-13-2014 3:27 PM

We should get legendary involved

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonFeb-13-2014 4:03 PM

best wishes to him hope he gets everything that he wants:)

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Svanya

AdminGiganFeb-13-2014 4:14 PM

So wonderful how many people are responding to this. Very heartwarming. Bless xx

Lone

MemberGiganFeb-13-2014 4:59 PM

Very best wishes for your recovery Maddox.

I know your family and all the good people who can help, will do their utmost to make your wish come true!

Bless you all

THE LONE GUNWOMAN

"Let The Cosmic Incubation Begin" ~ H.R. Giger

Cloudless Snow Studios

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-13-2014 5:21 PM

I use to work for a Make a Wish foundation for 4 years and I understand the process and difficulties you are going through.

Below you will find a remake to the original 1954 theme that I did. Feel free to use it if you think it will help. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg9Jd3wfLqI

Lyuztaven

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-13-2014 5:56 PM

The little guy should be allowed to see a special screening of the new Godzilla prepared just for him and his loved ones.

Hope everthing goes well and he recovers soon. Best wishes for you Maddex.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
75% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums