Trending Articles
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong 2020
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2 2019
Kong: Skull Island (2017)
Kong: Skull Island
Godzilla (2014)
Godzilla 2014
Featured Content
Burning Godzilla confirmed for Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters!

Burning Godzilla confirmed for Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters!

Scified2019-01-10 16:14:17https://www.scified.com/articles/burning-godzilla-confirmed-godzilla-2-king-the-monsters-94.jpg
35,994 Reads6 Upvotes25 CommentsAdd A Comment+ Upvote

Godzilla has a lot on his plate in the new Legendary and Warner Brothers movie, dealing with the likes of Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah. On top of trying to maintain a natural balance with all these Monsters emerging, we can now confirm that Godzilla will also enter his iconic Burning state in Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters.

Mild spoilers ahead...

Following the Jakks figure images which surfaced online earlier today, another Godzilla 2 figure set was also unveiled and it comes as a pack titled "Kings Collide Battle Pack" which includes Mothra and Godzilla. It is very clear that Godzilla's red-ish appearance  and glowing red spikes are indicative of him entering the Burning Godzilla state. Mothra as well, seems to have a different color pattern. Both of these updates coincide with information we have been provided as well.

Sources close to production have revealed to us that in the film, Mothra will transfer her energy to Godzilla, which supercharges Godzilla and ignites his Burning state.

Originally, the Burning Godzilla was introduced in Godzilla vs. Destroyah (coincidence?) and was a result of an abnormal nuclear cell division inside Godzilla's body after the King of Monsters had come into contact with high purity uranium deposits beneath Birth Island. The reactions eventually led to Godzilla combusting from within, but also granted Godzilla incredible power, which he used against the powerful Monster Destroyah.

In Godzilla: KOTM however, Godzilla will enter his burning state to defeat Ghidorah instead.

What do you think of Burning Godzilla being in King of the Monsters? Do you think this has any connection to Destroyah entering the Monsterverse? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!

This article was written By Chris and published on 2019-01-10 16:14:17

Related Godzilla Articles
New Monsterverse Titan Revealed!

New Monsterverse Titan Revealed!

A new Monsterverse Titan has been revealed! During an unexpected panel by Legendary this weekend at the LA Comic Con, we were given our first look at "Camazotz." Sporting a bat-lik... Read More

25 Fan responses to Burning Godzilla confirmed for Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters!

NateZilla10000

Jan-10-2019 4:51 PM

Gee, thanks for sticking that right in the title impossible to avoid. :D

Cause screw people trying to avoid spoilers, right?

Moldovan0731 #TeamRodan

Jan-10-2019 4:55 PM

Maybe I''ll be in the minority with this, but I find this to be disappointing.

Vonzilla5000 #TeamRodan

Jan-10-2019 5:10 PM

It's certainly Powered-Up Godzilla, and probably Legendary's version of Burning Godzilla, but is that really what we should be calling it?  Burning implies he's burning up, and classically that's exactly what he did and the only thing it was ever used for.  Well, I guess he more melted down, but same difference.  I'm sure it'll originate from nuclear power in this film too, but if parts of his skin don't look like they're about explode white hot lava from them, his spines aren't melting off, and the end result isn't his body burning off of his skeleton, ...is that really Burning Godzilla?  Still, I'm sure it'll look cool, and I can't wait to see him ripping Ghidorah's heads off one by one!

Vonzilla5000 #TeamRodan

Jan-10-2019 5:13 PM

Hey @Moldovan0731, elaborate!  I'd love to hear why you find this disappointing.  I'm sure a lot of people will agree.

TheGMan123 #TeamGhidorah

Jan-10-2019 5:23 PM

Well, fan theories and all that.

Moldovan0731 #TeamRodan

Jan-10-2019 5:23 PM

@Vonzilla5000 I just can't imagine it happening without it being cheesy like it was in the past. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised though. Also, I hope he will somehow will get back to his normal form in Godzilla vs. Kong, otherwise Kong will be even more of an underdog.

SkrubWub #TeamRodan

Jan-10-2019 5:38 PM

Yes! Burning Godzilla had the best design! Can't wait to see what he looks like in the movie!

Tiamatzilla #TeamGodzilla

Jan-10-2019 5:42 PM

This burning state should only be a power up. Godzilla having a meltdown was a bad idea in 95 and would really piss me off now. I hope Ghidorah survives with all three heads. Destroyah would be a good final boss for Godzilla Ghidorah and Kong to team up and fight in Godzilla 3.

Ram-EZ #TeamMothra

Jan-10-2019 5:49 PM

I hope Bandai shows their figures before these are released so I can decide which ones to get

KingKaijuGojira #TeamGodzilla

Jan-10-2019 5:57 PM

This movie just keeps getting better and better and it's not even in theaters yet!

Gmkgoji #TeamRodan

Jan-10-2019 6:15 PM

I knew this already from my leaked sources

Still cool, though.

GFan1954 #TeamGodzilla

Jan-10-2019 6:39 PM

This is insane!

RR44 #TeamGodzilla

Jan-10-2019 8:39 PM

Sowhat... I'm good with knowing this... but we still don't know just how exactly he gets that way or what the purpose is. Mothra's scales could be what triggers it as she battles Godzilla... or she is empowering him to help him... at this point... who really know other than the people making the movie.

Cryptid_Croc #TeamGhidorah

Jan-10-2019 9:41 PM

I knew he would enter a "Burning Stage" based off the last trailer so if you paid attention during it then this wouldn't be as big of a spoiler but more of a confirmation. Also, I think it will be more of a temporary power up like in 1993 when Rodan transferred energy to Godzilla who was then resurrected and destroyed Mechagodzilla with a massive surge of energy. But I hope Ghidorah doesn't die but instead retreats into space like in 1964, so this way he could always come back, maybe with a few classic Godzilla monsters.

Leighton616 #TeamGhidorah

Jan-11-2019 1:34 AM

This sounds awesome. Maybe mothra uses a high radiation technique like  the blinding light in the trailer which reacts with godzilla and super charges him. Either way I really cant wait.

Vonzilla5000 #TeamRodan

Jan-11-2019 2:52 AM

@Moldvan0731  Yeah I can see where that could worry some people.  I can't think of One Toho Godzilla movie that wasn't cheesy.  Well I guess Shin, but it's always been a cheesefest, so I never thought of Burning Godzilla as especially cheesy. When I was little I thought it was kinda sad, but awesome at the same time.  I think subconsciously what most people like about Godzilla is the concept behind it, and what it would look like if these things were real, or were in a movie that made it look real. It's your imagination that brings these characters to life, even as an adult, bc it is really difficult to watch those old movies and see anything other than a guy in a suit.  So I think it's more the idea of burning Godzilla that I, and the design of the glowing suit.  Now, KotM looks to be the 1st time we'll ever see these monsters in full motion & as real as they can look in our time, which is probably why the hype is so big.  You gotta try and accept everything within the story, so you don't see it as cheesy, you gotta really buy into it.  Personally, I know I'll be able to let that stuff slide bc Godzilla's been cheesy my whole life, 35 years.  But when I was younger I definitely had more trouble with that.  What I'm worried about is the design looking, bc it doesn't look great on that toy, but mainly I'm worried that they might be throwing too much in the movie.  Like Doomsday in BvS.  I mean we're on the second Godzilla movie and we're already doing Burning Godzilla from when he died in the Heisei series?  That's too quick, and it worries that throwing too much in usually negatively affects the story.  Also, are they blowing things out bc GvsK will be the last movie?  Yeah so, no matter the reasoning, I doubt you're in the minority.  There are many troubling things about them doing Burning Godzilla.

ZillaDude345 #TeamGodzilla

Jan-11-2019 4:40 AM

THat is literally 'FIRE' bad pun....ok

KaijuWorld #TeamGodzilla

Jan-11-2019 5:01 AM

I am just concerned about how it will be used in the movie and in the rest of the Monsterverse. Hopefully, it will be a one-off thing and won't be some sort of exmachina thing that will be used in other movies.

GojiFanPat #TeamGodzilla

Jan-11-2019 9:19 AM

Well I was right about Burning Godzilla. I thought that either Mothra or Rodan would transfer their energy to Godzilla and super-charging him to defeat Ghidorah. I just hope that his burning state is temporary, because I really don't want to see him die. I like his design, the orange patterns are really similar to the original.

G. H. (Gman) #TeamGhidorah

Jan-11-2019 9:24 AM

Although I don't think Godzilla vs. Destoroyah is as good as others believe, Burning Godzilla never remotely seemed "cheesy".

KingKaijuGojira #TeamGodzilla

Jan-11-2019 2:27 PM

I wonder if Mothra has a burning form? Given her color pattern in the toys. Or maybe Mothra transfers energy to Godzilla similar to Fire Rodan, who transferred his energy to Godzilla to give him his Spiral Atomic Breath and revive?

That moment you realize that the return of Burning Godzilla also means that most likely we'll see the Spiral Red Atomic Breath again.

JHT #TeamRodan

Jan-11-2019 4:47 PM

YEEESSS!!!! Alright Alright Alright!!! Burning Godzilla Confirmed! I hope they make it that when he goes burning mode he doesn't die and he can like to in and out of it like sonic going supersonic and hypersonic.

Godzillatheking123 #TeamGodzilla

Jan-11-2019 6:00 PM

Well, this is interesting confirmation indeed. From the toys, it seems only his spikes are glowing red, although if the trailer is any guide, his body will probably be burning.

In this case, I guess it's pretty guaranteed that his atomic breath will also get "powered up" to bright orange red too?

Super Godzilla #TeamGodzilla

Jan-11-2019 7:39 PM

We kinda saw the hint of it in the trailer, glad to see it's confirmed. Should make for an epic finale. More Hype!

Sergeant Noodle

Mar-29-2019 10:14 AM

THIS IS THE MOMENT I'M MOST HYPED FOR!!!!

How to include Toho Monsters into the Monsterverse