Trending Articles
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong 2020
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2 2019
Kong: Skull Island (2017)
Kong: Skull Island
Godzilla (2014)
Godzilla 2014
Featured Content
First Look at New Godzilla PS3 Game Screenshots!

First Look at New Godzilla PS3 Game Screenshots!

Scified2014-06-25 10:21:11https://www.scified.com/sites_pics/340623718659239.png
1,202 Reads0 Upvotes37 CommentsAdd A Comment+ Upvote

Following a report from a few days ago suggesting a new Godzilla game was in development for the PS3 console, today, we have our first look at a batch of in-game screenshots! The game is currently around 40% complete according to sources of the original find, so the following should be treated as "work-in-progress".

Thanks to forum moderator InstinctiveGigan, here are some fresh screenshots for the upcoming Godzilla game for PS3, which were scanned from the latest issue of Famitsu magazine:

In the action title, you’ll be able to take down buildings by using Godzilla’s kicks and tail blows. Godzilla himself has been given a great deal of care, as Famitsu notes that the team were inspired by the S.H.MonsterArts figures.

According to the magazine article, there is apparently talk of the 2014 Godzilla also being a playable character in the game. It's possible you'll be able to choose from a variety of Godzilla designs to play as, similar to that of previous Godzilla action titles.

Big thanks to InstinctiveGigan for the find! Be sure to let us know what you think by commenting below!

This article was written By Chris and published on 2014-06-25 10:21:11

Related Godzilla Articles
37 Fan responses to First Look at New Godzilla PS3 Game Screenshots!

JRR

Jun-25-2014 10:28 AM

it looks so cool, is it me or does godzilla look like the new sh monsterarts godzilla figure

npinkham19

Jun-25-2014 10:33 AM

Okay, this is gorgeous, but I need to be convinced on gameplay. Smashing buildings will get stale as hell.

InstinctiveGigan

Jun-25-2014 10:41 AM

If Gigan isn't in this game, there will be hell to pay. Nah, but seriously if the game is ALL this I have no problem. Hehe

dinoboy22

Jun-25-2014 10:52 AM

hope other characters are playable as well

Scarfo

Jun-25-2014 11:02 AM

Another one for the pre order list! It looks gorgeous! I'm happy these images was released as further proof, it's happening. I can wait to find out the monster roster list.

Gojira2K

Jun-25-2014 11:19 AM

This has to be released on Xbox 360, or I will be pissed!

Something Real

Jun-25-2014 12:40 PM

That looks bloody magnificent! Will we actually have the option to ram buildings and environmental objects in an organic fashion instead of just walking through them? That could be quite fun! :)

Spi3000

Jun-25-2014 1:14 PM

Why on PS3? Why not, oh I don't know, PS4? Or any system that won't be obsolete in the current year?

Linkzilla

Jun-25-2014 1:40 PM

Well, this looks like it's gonna suck. Another Godzilla game about smashing buildings? I won't be very upset about this not being on any console I own.

InstinctiveGigan

Jun-25-2014 2:14 PM

@LINKZILLA Yes, a Godzilla game about smashing buildings, and quite possibly fighting other monsters, how atrocious. We clearly need to exploit other sides of Godzilla for a game, like.......................................................................tail slide racing....?

Linkzilla

Jun-25-2014 2:16 PM

Really, you saw other monsters in these pictures? You must be a psychic or something.

InstinctiveGigan

Jun-25-2014 2:47 PM

So glad that's the one thing you took from my comment, but you should know that there has been a screenshot supposedly roaming around described in the magazine that has "Godzilla facing multiple foes."

Scarfo

Jun-25-2014 2:52 PM

^ The article stated this game was inspired by SH MonsterArts figures (plural). It's pretty obvious other monsters will be in it.

Scarfo

Jun-25-2014 2:54 PM

^ @Linkzilla - The article stated this game was inspired by SH MonsterArts figures (plural). It's pretty obvious other monsters will be in it.

Linkzilla

Jun-25-2014 3:26 PM

It seems like I'm the only one who actually paid attention to the description of the game, because it makes it pretty clear that the main focus of the gameplay will be smashing buildings. Obviously, there will probably be other monsters in the game as boss battles (or maybe just as other playable characters), but it will still mainly be about destruction. I'm so sorry for not instantly praising anything just for having Godzilla's name on it, but I seriously doubt it will be very good. Destruction Mode in the Atari-Pipeworks games was fun as a side thing, but a whole game based on that concept? I wouldn't buy it even if I did have a PS3.

InstinctiveGigan

Jun-25-2014 3:37 PM

I'm just wondering what you were expecting. Another fighting game? A captivating story mode where you play as Godzilla? Also, considering the we have your standard "fill-in the blank" game description and a few screenshots, whose to say what the game is really about. I just think you're calling it quits a little to soon, before you even have something to call quits on. I just find it weird to hear someone say, "Godzilla game about destruction? What a disappointment."

Scarfo

Jun-25-2014 4:44 PM

Peeps, let's put away the missiles and mazar weapons, this is a happy occasion. let's chill until we learn more about it's game play features. This year's TGS will be the best bet for game play footage.

Daikaiju Danielle

Jun-25-2014 6:18 PM

AAAGHHH!!!!!! :'D Anyone else notice the resemblence to the SH Monsterarts figure? ;)

This looks amazing!

ChrisRemix #TeamGodzilla

Jun-25-2014 6:34 PM

Will Godzilla 2014 be in this game? They could use the Smash3 model and enhance it. Or borrow the CGI model from the movie and port it into the game!

InstinctiveGigan

Jun-25-2014 7:08 PM

Godzilla 2014 is not only in the game, he's also playable and can fight against Classic G.

Scarfo

Jun-25-2014 8:07 PM

Here is the link straight from the offical website. Just in case they want to post it in the OP.

Scarfo

Jun-25-2014 8:45 PM

Nice find @Dufase19089! I just hope it won't be a japan exclusive.

KingKaijuGojira #TeamGodzilla

Jun-26-2014 4:04 AM

I want it! But I don't have a PS3. Perhaps there will be a Xbox 360 version. After all, it's still a work in progress.

whocares0

Jun-26-2014 8:25 AM

My only request for this game: Attention to Detail!! I want to see those little things that make a game/movie amazing, like Legendary Godzilla's Atomic Breath! i wanna see the crackling light and radiation resonate from tail, glowing brighter and brighter until the atomic energy explodes in fiery breath! I wanna see the glass on buildings shatter and ripple before the structure gives in a plume of smoke and rubble. I would love to see blood particles and scar damage to monsters who are taking an ass-kicking! It's not a TI-82, It's a PS3: It can be done.

whocares0

Jun-26-2014 8:33 AM

@InstinctiveGigan-  Gigan with chainsaw hands?!

Agent00J

Jun-26-2014 9:53 AM

I hope this game releases on Xbox otherwise it's really gonna suck Baragon's sweaty ball sack!

KeizerGodzilla

Jun-26-2014 10:00 AM

I don't understand Linkzilla's problem. It's like he's having someone force him to reach in his wallet and make him buy this game. Dude, if you don't like it then don't buy it/play it. I'm REALLY looking forward to this game. I hope IF there's other monsters in it Biollante makes the cut along with Baragon. It's a stretch but wishful thinking is a virtue.

Linkzilla

Jun-26-2014 3:12 PM

@KEIZERGODZILLA Because if anyone has a criticism of something, it must mean that they're OFFENDED that anyone DARED to make it! Fortunately, I don't have a PS3, so don't worry about little old me being FORCED to play it.

BattleMothra

Jun-26-2014 4:20 PM

Praying for a US PC release.

Scarfo

Jun-26-2014 7:03 PM

@Linkzilla - You have a really nice avatar. I just wanted to mention that fact. :)

G fan 84

Jun-28-2014 8:56 AM

The game will be released ONLY in japan if there's any possibility of a US release it'll most likely be download only off the playstation network but if u want the game itself lets keep our fingers crossed for an all region code version only downside it'll mostly be in japanese wich is fine by me i bought ONEPIECE grand battle off amazon for ps3 it was all region code and it was all in japanese.

Scarfo

Jun-29-2014 2:34 PM

@Gfan84 - I was fearing it would only be released in Japan. When I read it was only for PS3, that was a major red flag. Just like you said, hopefully it's not region locked. I will import it, if I have to..or can.

JadeETC

Jul-06-2014 10:56 AM

Xbox doesn't exist in Japan so "exclusive" doesn't really mean anything over there other than its not showing up on the Wii or Wii U. If it gets released out this way, which I doubt it will, I'd expect it to be on PS3 AND 360. It's always been a cross platform type game besides it needs to sell cause I want this to succeed.

How to include Toho Monsters into the Monsterverse