Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) Movie

Godzilla 2 Movie

Godzilla: King of the Monsters arrives in:

Godzilla 2 Movie Poster

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (Godzilla 2) is the upcoming sequel to Legendary Pictures' and Warner Bros. Pictures' Godzilla (2014) movie. Directed by Michael Dougherty, Godzilla: King of the Monsters will see the introduction of other Toho monsters Rodan, Mothra and King Ghidorah. All three superspecies will vie for dominance of Earth and Godzilla will rise again to restore nature's balance.

No, the King Ghidorah design from Godzilla 2 did not leak!

No, the King Ghidorah design from Godzilla 2 did not leak!

Earlier this morning, a topic was posted in our forums by member Parcivale, who shared what some believed could be an early visual effects shot of the new Monsterverse King Ghidorah from the upcoming Godzilla sequel, King of the Monsters. The image was sourced from a montage video put out by visual effects company Studio ADI. The image gained some momentum and throughout today fans have been debating whether or not the image was authentic or not. Here is the image in question:

We can now confirm that the image is NOT in fact of Ghidorah or related to Godzilla 2 at all. Studio ADI themselves confirmed that the shot in question is from an older film called Lucifer:

Designs for Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah have yet to make their way online. But when they do, you can be sure to find them here!

Godzilla fas looking to discover more about the Godzilla sequel King of the Monsters are encouraged to join in the Godzilla Movies forum - a dedicated community of Godzilla movie and Monsterverse fans.

Stay up to date with the latest news on Godzilla 2 King of the Monsters by liking Scified on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram! Also, consider subscribing your email to our Godzilla blog for instant notifications of when new posts are made!

More Godzilla Movies Articles

Godzilla Escape Room Game Coming to Tokyo

Godzilla Escape Room Game Coming to Tokyo

Following the wave of puzzle games and escape rooms in the entertainment district Kabukichio of Shinjuku, Tokyo, comes a new challenge from the production company SCRAP. On April 2... Read More

31 Fan responses to No, the King Ghidorah design from Godzilla 2 did not leak!

Mar-07-2018 6:08 PM

Ok good. That thing is far too skinny to be King Ghidorah.

Mar-07-2018 6:11 PM

True, hope to get a look at them sometime later this year. I just hope they do a Kong style marketing where you actually see the monster instead of literally not showing us them at all, like the G 14 marketing. Although by the amount of screen time people are saying the monsters get, we should get to see a fair bit in the trailers/promotional work.

Dragon King Ultrazero80

Mar-07-2018 6:14 PM

Glad this isn't what he'll look like.

Vitas Thanos

Mar-07-2018 6:55 PM

I knew it wasn't Ghidorah.

The King of the Monsters

Mar-07-2018 7:32 PM

As much as I hope this isn't the real King Ghidorah design, I'm a little skeptical of ADI's explanation. There is a project called Lucifer they worked on about a decade ago that features a multi-headed dragon, but that dragon had four heads, four wings, and one tail, while the "leaked" design clearly has three heads, two wings, and two tails, all traits of King Ghidorah. Plus what are the odds that they happen to have a modified design from a defunct project from ten years ago onscreen in 2018, and be a company working on Godzilla: King of the Monsters? In the video, someone even frantically goes over to the computer and gets the design off the screen, as if knowing it wasn't supposed to be shown. Then to top it all off, ADI took down the video after they posted the comment claiming it wasn't King Ghidorah.

I am not a fan of the design and would be very happy if it wasn't real, but right now the whole thing stinks of someone at ADI screwing up and accidentally leaking the design, and the company realizing it and quickly trying to cover it up.

Mar-07-2018 8:20 PM

I kind of liked the slimier Design, a lot Japanese monsters are like way too bulky anyways.

Mar-07-2018 8:46 PM

he needs to be thin to fly

Mar-07-2018 11:00 PM

Although I find there explanation suspect, I hope it's the case. Hideous design, whatever it's suppose to be.

Mar-08-2018 4:52 AM

Well hey, whether it was or wasn't, it got us fans buzzing and talking.

Mar-08-2018 5:08 AM

So 2 full seconds of the video show a blurry design on a computer that they say isn’t what we think it is but they still delete the video? Why? Even if it’s not the final design I’m pretty sure it’s something to do with ghidorah. Also a 10 year old scrapped design that has all the trademarks of ghidorah is being used as a background while they are confirmed to be working on KOTM? I don’t believe that.

Mar-08-2018 7:11 AM

I hope that it's not a cover up, although I immediately thought there was something fishy about their statement, because that design sucks. For any monster.

Mar-08-2018 8:20 AM

Honestly this is probably Ghidorah's look, or an early look or him in the film. To be honest I don't hate it, it looks thin but then again Ghidorah is massive so what seems thin here may not look thin in the actual film.

Mar-08-2018 8:23 AM

I just feel fans are being to uptight, you have to let them make their own design. Not everything is going to look like it did, and why should it? I want to see a new Ghidorah, not the old one with remastered graphics.

Mar-08-2018 8:52 AM

If they make this Ghidorah anything close to that design then im out. Ghidorah needs to be big and bulky. If he doesn't then the big 3 are gonna whip him around like a rag doll.

Mar-08-2018 9:52 AM

Let's all remember that even though this may in fact be a Ghidorah design, it could be any Ghidorah design. Remember how many design changes Godzilla went through before they landed on the 2014 look?

Like, good lord. Can you imagine the backlash if this exact scenario happened while G2014 was in production, only this was the design that was on the screen?

The King of the Monsters

Mar-08-2018 11:47 AM

Feel free to doubt me, I don't blame you since I can't provide proof, but one of my colleagues on Wikizilla did some digging and managed to get some information from a guy who has a Legendary contact, which he says he verified independently. The guy says that the design was almost definitely an official concept done for the film by ADI, but is extremely different from what he has been shown and told to be the final design.

Again, completely understandable if you don't believe me, I'm merely passing on what I've been told. But for the record I completely trust the individual who told me this.

Mar-08-2018 11:55 AM

I can believe that.

Many monsters go through a multitude of design phases before the final one is ultimately decided on.

Mar-08-2018 2:08 PM

I 100% believe this is an early model of Ghidorah, I mean it makes complete sense. The model doesn't even look sophisticated, it looks....well, it looks like a concept model.

Mar-08-2018 5:38 PM

The King of the Monsters,
Did said contact make any mention of what the differences between the two designs were?

The King of the Monsters

Mar-08-2018 6:22 PM

Unfortunately no, but I suppose I could ask if my colleague is ever in contact with him again, which is possible. I can give you the exact quote though:

"the leak is radically different from what I had seen and had been informed as the settled design... it is convincing, but unlikely to be final."

There was more to his response, but that was all he mentioned about the Ghidorah design he had seen and how he thought the leak compared.

The King of the Monsters

Mar-08-2018 6:25 PM

I find the use of "radically different" encouraging.

Mar-08-2018 10:53 PM

This video is a very interesting take on this whole situation. Thoughts?

Mar-09-2018 2:18 AM

Aaaaaaaand Dougherty sticks the landing.

If that's a Ghidorah design, it ain't final.

Mar-09-2018 8:12 AM

Welp, there's our that this was concept for Ghidorah. I mean c'mon, I'm not falling for the Lucifer thing, it's obviously a model of Ghidorah. But I am happy to see that it's not Ghidorah's final design, although it does make me raise the question. If they do go with Ghidorah's classic look, how are they going to make it look realistic? Like how do they make it look realistic when Ghidorah just stands on two legs with no arms?

Mar-09-2018 8:49 AM

Well, we could take some design philosophies from Godzilla himself.

Stocky, trunk-like legs, an overall bulky body, and tails that help balance the weight of the overall figure. The three heads are what's interesting, though. No matter how King Ghidorah ends up looking, those necks and heads WILL have to be held high.

The King of the Monsters

Mar-09-2018 9:38 AM

They're not going to make it "realistic" because a giant three-headed flying dragon isn't realistic by any sense of the imagination. They can do whatever they want with the design as long as they keep it recognizable as the character. They didn't make Godzilla "realistic" by making him a 10 foot tall dinosaur, they kept him recognizable and just added a few unique touches to try and make him seem more natural. They will do the same thing with King Ghidorah and the other monsters, keep them recognizable while adding some more natural animal-like traits. Legendary knows these creatures are not nor will they ever be "realistic." Their goal is simply to make it believable they exist in the real world. The MonsterVerse is meant to be grounded, not "realistic."

Mar-09-2018 4:59 PM

The King of the Monsters-A good point

Something Real

Mar-10-2018 10:22 AM

Hmm...this seems suspicious to me. The design within the aforementioned image has every physical aspect associated with King Ghidorah - to wit: three heads and two tails. I find the design to be neat; however, it does not strike me as Ghidorah. Ghidorah, in my opinion, should be a powerfully-muscled and savage brute capable of inflicting and weathering tremendous physical punishment by virtue of his massive form. The design presented in the image above has a fragile and elegant appearance - hardly the vision of monster capable of overpowering Godzilla in a one-on-one bout. This is most compelling! :)

Mar-12-2018 6:02 AM

hmmmm... I don't know guys.. something is not stirring the kool aide here.

I don't buy that ADI account about Lucifer. This looks very much like an attempt at a concept for Ghidorah. Two tails.. three heads.. wings.. ummm. very obvious.

The King of the Monsters

Mar-12-2018 12:11 PM

Like I said before, I'm pretty sure it was a concept for King Ghidorah and the Lucifer thing was just an attempt by ADI to cover up their mistake. However, a reliable contact says that the design is not close to the finalized design that will be used in the film, and Dougherty has simply stated that it isn't the design used in the film. It probably is an official concept, just one that went unused.

Mar-16-2018 10:28 AM

I don't think that is King Ghidorah, but it seems suspicious that something meant to be in a movie that came out 10 years ago would only just now be revealed. Something strange is going on here, but I don't think that is King Ghidorah.

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster . Providing the latest official and accurate information on , this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for 's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.

Your account has not yet been verified. Please check your email for the verification link to begin posting.

Please review our rules before sharing content

Use Your E-Mail: