Godzilla Movie

Should Godzilla die in Godzilla 2014?

2669 Views36 Replies
Forum Topic

Chris

AdminSpaceGodzillaJun-03-2013 3:38 PM
Since [b]Godzilla 2014[/b] is following the original [b]Gojira[/b] film and since in [b]Gojira[/b], Godzilla dies in the end due to the [i]Oxygen Destroyer[/i] - do you think the same outcome should take place in [b]Godzilla 2014[/b]? Obviously, Godzilla will never "die" completely. But since Gareth Edwards' reboot follows the same path or close to the same path as the original, do you think [b]Godzilla[/b] should die or will die in the end? Do you think the [i]Oxygen Destroyer[/i] will be present in [b]Godzilla 2014[/b] also? Share your thoughts and opinions below!
Hyped for: Alien: Romulus | Badlands (Predator 6) | Cloverfield 4
36 Replies

KenG2K

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-03-2013 4:21 PM
um no... cause I want a TRILOGY!! and so do other people!

Organa

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-03-2013 4:22 PM
Personally, it doesn't really matter to me. If Godzilla does die, we all know he'll come back again, eventually.

MrAwesomeness360

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-03-2013 5:31 PM
Too soon, they can kill him off in the sequels, but let him live in this one. If the movie is going to be a scary tone, it should end with Godzilla living, the message meaning "Godzilla is a force of nature that cannot be easily destroyed".

TheDude

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-03-2013 6:33 PM
He doesn't die,but people at times with their arrogance think he died. I've seen it in past films like Godzilla vs. Biollante when they thought infecting him with ani-nuclear energy bacteria would kill him, it didn't. He wakes up and scares the humans knowing he will never die. From the data I've read on him, Godzilla heals very rapidly. He gets injured and a second later he heals, depending on how badly wounded he is. Missile wounds heal instantly. Damage from larger weapons or other kaiju attacks take longer.

Joseph520az

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-03-2013 7:34 PM
Well in my opinion, I believe they will try to kill Godzilla by using a nuclear weapon or by using nuclear weapons.. I'm thinking the ending will be somewhat like this: Godzilla will be defeated by a nuclear weapon or nuclear weapons. But towards the end of the movie.. we won't actually see Godzilla die so it'll end the movie in a cliffhanger.. That way they leave Godzilla 2014 open to another Godzilla movie. I really hope Gareth does all of us Godzilla fans justice! 2 thing I really ask for is... Godzilla definitely needs to keep his radioactive heat blast and not 100% of his look but if Gareth can incorporate a little of the way he looked in Godzilla vs. Biollante que Well I'm sure Gareth has already chosen what Godzilla's going to look like!

TheDude

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-03-2013 7:54 PM
I prefer the Ghido-Goji 1991 design myself. :) I saw in the first issue of the new IDW Godzilla comics they did use a nuke on him. Godzilla just got stronger from it. If you ask me, that is all a nuke will do to him is he will absorb the blast and get even stronger. Then he'd look similar to what was seen in Destroyah with glowing patches on his body. Godzilla is a living nuclear weapon that can't die unless by his own energy going into critical mass. Godzilla's nuclear breath is blue in color and has been for most of the films save for the latter Millennium series when it became red. Godzilla vs. Destroyah's ray was red because of Godzilla absorbing too much energy and causing him to boil over into meltdown.

Wolfpred

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-03-2013 8:25 PM
Yeah, I would like the ending to be subjective. It'll make you make your own assumptions. Make it seem like he's dead, but it's open enough that he could be alive.
[img]http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii288/AVPgojirafreak/Tattoogig.jpg[/img]

Incredible Fulk

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-03-2013 10:23 PM
Godzilla should NOT die at all!!! That was a major problem with the 1998 film. When they killed "Zilla" in that movie, it confused audiences. Were we suppose to root for Godzilla the whole time. Or were we meant to cheer for the humans and celebrate like they did in the movie. It was a major kick in the face when he was killed in the first US made Godzilla film. I like the cliffhanger opening, but I want something different. I think climax should be between Godzilla vs. the rumored monster. After the fight, Godzilla should just walk away like he did in G 2000. No military doing the impossible, no righteous monster saving the day, no baby Godzilla hatching somewhere else. Just have Godzilla go away but on a good note and have the lead characters come to accept him as nothing more but a creature that wants to live like the rest of us and remember that humanity is just as dangerous as Godzilla. I'd prefer they give Godzilla an anti-hero role like in some of the Heisei films. This gives audience a much better reason to root for him and accept what he does as a "force of a nature."

judesama

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-04-2013 8:57 AM
let me put it this way, godzilla is A GOD!! he does not die being that he is a direct product of natrue. nature always finds a way, and so should godzilla. no death.

esnkd

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-05-2013 3:57 AM
kill GODZILLA well thats the first problem right there the very words and or thoughts of it coming out of a persons mouth, he supposed to be the end of the world level nightmare, unstoppable, the end coming and unavoidable, nuclear death....

Godzilla Girl

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-06-2013 11:07 AM
Good God, no! I hope he doesn't die! I want more sequels. ;)

Gojira 2000

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-06-2013 8:04 PM
if they do do it with lets say the oxigen destroyer not shitty missles (98 incident still having nightmares XD) also in the middle of the film they should have the audience think they "killed" him but then near the end battle have him reappear and fight the other monster(s) because after his "death" the other monsters appear cool right he'll have the anti-hero attitud like in Godzilla 2000 in the end he burned the entire city even though he saved the world cool huh ;)

-Treveasy-

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-15-2013 5:01 AM
I think gojira should nit die like gojira2000 said do it like godzilla 2000 have him walk all non chalaunt and have him destroy the city and then look into the screenwhile the original theme song plays swaggy

-Treveasy-

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-15-2013 5:04 AM
But no sequel you will lose your audience because there's already so many

MiketheG7453

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-15-2013 6:45 PM
I don't know about anybody else, but I can't remember any movie coming out of Hollywood that shows the American military getting defeated...from what I understand, Hollywood is not even allowed to make a movie of that nature...having said that, I fully believe that by the end of this movie,..Godzilla will be depicted as a mere dinosaur and the only "force of nature" we will see is the American military...so,..i fully believe we have no real hope for this movie...the powers that be will never allow a creature created in japan to come over here and defeat us.

Godillafs1998

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-15-2013 9:26 PM
Here what I think I think Godzilla will fight the Military and the Rumored Monster then at the end of the battle Just have Godzilla standing in the crumbled buildings and destroyed vehicles and Godzilla look toward the people then walking away then Roar showing (I am the almighty Godzilla anything you will do will not work and I will come back).

Kojack

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-16-2013 9:31 AM
I think the best Godzilla design was in 2 movies: 1) Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla 2) Godzilla vs. Megaguirus As far as Godzilla dying, I don't think this should happen and hope it doesn't happen. I'd like to see at least 1 sequel, preferably more.

Chuck Norris

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-18-2013 6:40 AM
They should make a whole new series, then take a break and make another. Like they have been doing for the past 59 years!

JGAR

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-19-2013 2:02 PM
He shouldn't, and if he does, end the movie or have an After-Credits Scene where he is shown to still be alive, like the ending in [i]Godzilla VS King Ghidorah[/i]. Honestly a better ending would be Godzilla retreating to the ocean, with the humans accepting that he is not an enemy but a Force of Nature, a misunderstood creature.

G-Bul

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-20-2013 3:30 PM
No, always hated the dieing-G movies. Godzilla shouldn´t die he´s a kind of a god, please not a boring dead monster ending - that´s not Godzilla like! He´s the unbeatable King of Monsters!

ruffryder520az

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-21-2013 4:28 AM
Can't wait until the big "G" comes stomping at every movie theater!

ruffryder520az

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-21-2013 4:30 AM
Hi

Joseph520az

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-21-2013 4:36 AM
Godzilla can't and won't die!

GFAN198423

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-21-2013 6:57 AM
Even if there are "rules" about the depiction of the American military by Hollywood, I don't think it serves injustice to their abilities to get their asses kicked by a giant, radioactive lizard, it's not like some foreign enemy will see the movie and think, look, we can beat them. I have mixed feelings about killing him off or not. Depending on what Godzilla's origin is, if there's a possibility for another to be created in the wake of this one's death, like they played it with Godzilla Raids Again, then killing him off and leaving room for the threat would do, but you also have to craft the story and dialogue just right. Gojira works because the whole end of the film after his death is contemplation of what created him and a sense of fear that if it happened once, it can happen again. If Godzilla is handled again as a metaphor for something, then there's no loss in killing him off if you construct the story to make his terror extend beyond his life. It's also key to make the means of his death be tragic and challenging. Only one device could take him down in Gojira, and it was a device of such devastating capability that the man who'd created it had to take his own life in sacrifice to keep it from ever existing again. There has to be a price to Godzilla's defeat to make killing him work, otherwise, you have to let him live. I am curious though, if Toho has plans and is there potential for them to take this Godzilla film and start up their films again and build them from this, or would Legendary continue producing them.

godzilla96

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-22-2013 5:12 AM
Godzilla has only died from the oxygen destroyer and by getting to much radiation And going to meltdown no military will kill Godzilla in this movie unless they use the oxygen destroyer or I will be extremely mad
G96

Ralph Preedy

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-03-2013 11:49 PM
Honestly, NO!! I am hoping this is the beginning of a New "SERIES" of films. If the first film does well at the box office (which I am sure it will), Toho Co., Ltd. will allow more films to be made. I hope they leave the end of the film as a "cliffhanger" (showing his "eye" opening or something to that effect) to let the audience know he will return for a sequel. The fans have been waiting too long for his return and to let him "die" at the end would not be wise!

MrHeiseiGodzilla89

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-07-2013 10:02 AM
Lets not Forget when Godzilla vs Destoroyah when Godzilla Melted down, that was the saddest part.

GFW Godzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-09-2013 7:04 AM
I would very much prefer it if he lives.

draco491

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-11-2013 12:15 AM
i say no to godzilla dieing

Durp004

MemberBaragonSep-28-2013 11:38 AM
If they do defeat him I hope they do what the 1985 version did and make it seem like he's been stopped, but not killed. This could also offer a good plot point in the second 1 like in final wars where a new monster comes and they are forced to weigh the pros and cons of releasing him
Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
75% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums