Godzilla Movie

Estimated size of Godzilla from OFFICIAL TRAILER!

5879 Views30 Replies
Forum Topic

True American Godzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-10-2013 7:21 PM

At 1:14 or 1:15 minutes we see a strange building top, which looks to around the same height as the American Godzilla. Again this Godzilla isn't right next to this building the viewer is falling towards, but the size seems to be around as massive as this building.

The building is 555 California Street building

This building is 779' (237.4 Meters) tall! If I'm right about my estimation, then the American Godzilla is around 779' tall!

To help us get a visual on just how massive our American Godzilla is vs (some) of its previous incarnations, I have put together a wallpaper (I made sure to give credit to whom the images belong to). Just in case, copy the image location to a new tab to see it full sized.

The 1954 Gojira was the very 1st Gojira ever and is the very monster the American Godzilla is based off of.

The 1998 Zilla (more of an enhanced Gojirasaurus than a Gojira) was America's 1st experiment with a "realistic" Godzilla. I like Zilla, even though I know it isn't a Godzilla/Gojira. The looks were cool and inspired me to look for a realistic monster worthy of challenging Godzilla. Over the years I decided to make Godzilla's traits realistic, but then I got word of the Legendary Pictures version and was glad to see that some of the cool traits and realistic quality was a big part of it!

The Final Wars Gojira, aka the 50th Anniversary of Gojira, was the last Japanese version before its temporary retirement. Before the 2014 American Godzilla, Final Wars Gojira was the #1 monster around, and beat America's monster. I'm glad to see America got a new Godzilla, though any rematch wouldn't even last as long as Zilla vs Gojira if my size estimation is correct.

I plan on updating the wallpaper once...

1: We get an official height of our Godzilla.

2: We get a better but official FULL VIEW (instead of the 75% view I'm using below) of the American Godzilla.

I hope you enjoy the wallpaper! {Wished it wasn't scrunched to fit though, so again copy link to a NEW TAB to view it correctly}

I believe in Jesus Christ, who's my Lord and Savior.

John 3:16, Job 41:1-34, Leviticus 18:22

30 Replies

xxsaberblackcrow

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-10-2013 7:26 PM

Nice investergation! and also about the Godzilla Body in the trailer Godzilla,s body was all grey so his body will be completelly grey not half green

tain669

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-10-2013 8:16 PM

I 'll give you my best answer. Godzilla is FREAKEN TALL. I'd say650 to 700 feet tall

xxsaberblackcrow

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-10-2013 8:21 PM

Tain Godzilla might be around 770 too 750 feet tall we might have too wait for more news too find out

Gojirafan6

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-10-2013 9:22 PM

gfw godzilla will still beat godzilla 2014 hell he beat kaiser ghidorah he's what 900 feet tall

GODZILLA HIMSELF

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-10-2013 9:29 PM

as far as size not mattering when it comes to godzilla, i agree, but well have to wait and see how unstoppable this new Godzilla will really be, i'm hoping for the strongest one yet.

king of the monsters

True American Godzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-10-2013 9:37 PM

@GOJIRAFANG: Kiezer Ghidorah was only 120 to 140 meters (not 900). Every Godzilla/Gojira is extremely strong physically. So a 100 Meter Gojira wouldn't be able to match a newer version of Godzilla that dwarfs the Final Wars Gojira in a strength battle.

@"GODZILLA_HIMSELF": Just being this massive, estimated, would already make it more difficult to stop than Japanese Gojira. Our Godzilla seems to have armor skin, so this would really add to its "unstoppable" aspect.

vinyljohnny

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-10-2013 11:16 PM

This height is unfathomable for a living thing, at least in film ahaha. I really hope the official height is close to this! 

GODZILLA HIMSELF

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-11-2013 12:32 AM

TRUE AMERICAN GODZILLA: I was merely refering to godzilla vs other, sometimes bigger monsters. as far as a bigger, more armored godzilla being more dangerous than any so far, i totally agree. btw, i really did like your point about the armor, just look at what a normal sized crocodile can withstand. 

king of the monsters

King Caesar

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-11-2013 2:24 AM

Godzilla actually looks a little taller than that building, look at the very last frame, and hes leaning over. I'd estimate him to be around 250m standing straight up, and around 235 - 240 walking.

UnleashedLegacy

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-11-2013 3:06 AM

hmm.... this looks promising but I'm not sure how tall Godzilla will be in the final film. However I will be looking forward to the movie when it comes out.

berchiche

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-11-2013 5:15 AM

i think zilla has the best design

godzillafanatic312

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-11-2013 5:48 AM

BERCHICHE

GODZILLA 2000 HAS A BETTER DESIGN THAN ZILLA

King Godzilla24.7

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-11-2013 10:53 AM

Godzilla 2000 design was fantastic folks!

The key to Immortality is living a life worth remembering

GODZILLAFREAK

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-11-2013 11:18 AM

I agree with TAIN so much... im mean seriously. i crunched the numbers.... hes FLIPPEN HUGE GUYS!!!!! Hes running 40' shy of being 800!!!!! WOW GUYS...THIS IS AMAZING!!! HE WILL BE UNSTOPPABLE!!!!

http://tegannhunter.webs.com/ OH F*** ITS GODZILLA!!!!!

GODZILLAFREAK

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-11-2013 11:22 AM

Imagine all the other godzillas ( Not counting zilla )

fighting this american beast! This guys power is UNFATHUMABLE!

I hope this godzilla still have fire/electric fire breathing.

http://tegannhunter.webs.com/ OH F*** ITS GODZILLA!!!!!

GODZILLA HIMSELF

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-11-2013 12:40 PM

zilla was pathetic as a godzilla, ive heard it said that it would have been fine as the beast from 20,000 fathoms and i agree. also, despite what some thinck, zilla was a far less realistic design, even at its lower wight than any godzilla, it's legs were simply not thick enough to support it. granted, the classic godzilla designs arent realistic, but their thick legs and tripod stance is closer to reality. This new design however, is epic.

king of the monsters

reillythegodzillafan

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-12-2013 9:22 PM

well godzilla was in the old movies 100 feet tall. but by the size in the trailer you can she the hes taller then the buildings. and dont forgt the buildings to day are taller then in 1954 and 2000 so godzillas size is going to be 600 feet tall

Kyero

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-14-2013 4:54 PM

I can prove this estimation wrong with one sentence: The trailer displays the 555 building in full view as the soldiers are descending and Godzilla is nowhere in sight despite the fact that we know he's practically right underneath them.

At 56 seconds in the trailer, you see the 555 building and the Transamerica Pyramid in plain sight as the soldiers fall, and if Godzilla was 779' tall as you claim then he would be in full view during that segment of the trailer.

This estimation is completely wrong, period.

TheDude

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-14-2013 5:12 PM

Your chart needs to replace the image of the Heisei 90s Godzilla. You have the Final Wars  'zilla which is 60 meters tall.  This is the 90s Godzilla.  100 meters tall.

True American Godzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-14-2013 7:56 PM

@Kyero: In the part where the paratroopers see Godzilla, Godzilla is walking forward. Considering the angle and size of the city of San Francisco, Godzilla could easily have been farther back in the middle of the city (those skyscrapers are near the shore, not the middle) so Godzilla wouldn't be visible in that shot.

Besides, again at your 55 second spot, we see a lot of cloud/smoke cover behind the skyscrapers, Godzilla could easily be within it and still not be visible.

DC67

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-17-2013 7:50 PM

Tickled that we're discussing buildings that I walk amongst all week long. I work a block away from both the TA and BofA skyscrapers! Sometimes I'll go to the 20th fl of our building and take in the view like I'm in a jaeger.

KaijuKritic

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-18-2013 2:18 AM

@Kyero.  I don't know why you had to point that out for me to realize that, because I had already noticed that you couldn't see him in that scene.  You are right, he can't be that big, which of course goes back to Gareth's desire to make him big, but not so big he can't be hidden.

Kevin_C_Vang

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-20-2013 12:10 AM

HOLY SHIT! I TEARS ARE GOING TO COME....

80sOGRE

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-20-2013 7:24 PM

in the last scene of the trailer with all the dust and big G turns and roars, as the camera tilts up along his spine you have a pretty clear size comparison of his tallest spike from the buildings on the left. i came to an estimation of 6  stories or 18 metres. i then took that measure and using the most closely looking sillouette image i could find, i was able to get an estimate of around 150 mtrs or 465 ft.

80sOGRE

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-20-2013 7:31 PM

problem with your analysis is as the sky divers keeps falling you see the top of that building race up while G is still kind of in frame. seeing as we are looking diagonaly toward G, you can't get a true measure. if G was the same height, at that camera angle he would of moved up off top of screen by the time that building did the same but that's not what happens which means he must be somewhat shorter than that building.

GodzillaIsAwake18

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-30-2013 1:08 PM

its like America is like HAHA to TOHOs godzilla and the mistake in '98 by making him almost  too big. a couple of my friends are actually mad about him being so big.

RR44

MemberBaragonJan-09-2014 12:02 PM

I for one believe that this Godzilla... will have a chemical release from with in its body.. which due to the radioactive components will make him electrical and deadly. I think his breath will be similar to what you or I would do when we cough or sneeze. The combination of chemicals that are electrically charged in conjunction with a forced output (cough or sneeze if you will)... mixed with oxygen.. then gets ignited and turns extremely hot. enough so to melt steel... much like the original one did in 54. also I think of salt acid and thermite... both of which are devistating when ignited. this Godzilla could possess that and keeping it realistic... if he does.. it would make sense. Think about his size and what the velocity of a cough or sneeze of a creature that large would be like.. then add the discharge of a radioactive/chemical/electricalto that and BAM.. YOU HAVE YOUR BADASS BREATH. what u tink ???

packleader904

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-09-2014 12:33 PM

Holy Sykes! thats gonna be awsome if hes really that huge!

gonzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-14-2014 1:02 PM

This godzilla jus plain old looks bad ass. As we all know hieght matters nothing. Picture this, in the 1954 film they had to create a weapon strong enough to kill him because conventional and atomic weapons dontwork, and he odviously feeds on nuclear energy so nukes dont work either. This big bad mamma jamma might be around for a while.

Godkilla2000

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-14-2014 2:57 PM

that's about right

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
75% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
7amey
7amey » Baragon
21% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com provides you with the latest news, rumors, spoilers and fan discussions on all things Godzilla! Covering news on Legendary Pictures and Warner Brothers' Monsterverse cinematic universe, the Apple TV spin-offs, the movies, toys games and media. This website also provide news, updates and information on other Godzilla productions from Toho Studios and their partners! This webiste is not affiliated with owners of Godzilla trademarks. It is operated and owned by fans of the Godzilla franchise. This website does not own any rights to the Godzilla character or its related properties. This website provides content for the purpose of review and discussion.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums