Godzilla Movie

Rated R

4553 Views34 Replies
Forum Topic

GODZILLAFREAK

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-12-2013 6:44 PM

Ok Guys, Horrible news. This movie is Pretty much rated R.

I dont know how to break this to you guys but here it is.

First of all there will be blood, intense violense, bad language , thematic elements , and none the less; one or two scenes with gore. Reason 2: The trailer is haunting, creepy, disturbingly intense, and will overall make you crap bricks.

Now anything else you guys wannna add???

Text me with your sad thoughts.

http://tegannhunter.webs.com/ OH F*** ITS GODZILLA!!!!!
34 Replies

Chris

AdminSpaceGodzillaDec-12-2013 6:58 PM

Well, since I'm 21, I'd totally be down for an R-rated Godzilla, but I doubt that will happen. Violece and gore isn't as much of a deciding factor anymore. The only way you'll get an R-rating is if there's an obsene amount of cursing, nudity and sexual content. Violence and gore - unless it's really gruesome - will get a 14A rating, at most. 

I expect the film will be given a 14A certification. Probably not an R. I'd be immensely surprised if it does.

Hyped for: Alien: Romulus | Badlands (Predator 6) | Cloverfield 4

GODZILLAFREAK

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-12-2013 7:02 PM

Nice, well the thing is, is the whole rated r godzilla movie actually sounds really cool and sense im going with my sisters boyfriend who is 27 so it wouldnt be a bad thing if it was rated r with gore.... because actually that wouldnt bad..... but 14A works just fine also.... 

GODZILLAFREAK

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-12-2013 7:04 PM

by the way Chris, are you the administater of this website by any chance...?

GODZILLAFREAK

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-12-2013 7:05 PM

cause dude, just barely this morning you only had 464 posts now u have 1,375

Chris

AdminSpaceGodzillaDec-12-2013 7:08 PM

haha, I had more than that this morning! Hahaha but yeah, I'm the admin. Of this site and all the sites hosted on Scified.

Hyped for: Alien: Romulus | Badlands (Predator 6) | Cloverfield 4

kaijudinosaurfan12345

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-12-2013 7:19 PM

still going might take my mom because i saw idenity thief with her

xxsaberblackcrow

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-12-2013 8:01 PM

Godzilla im not sure that it is Rated R but your right there will be blood and destruction but still Edwards didn,t said anything about a Rated R movie so im gussing that it might be PG 13 or Rated R if it is then im going too watch it

and if anyone here is 12 or 13

if your 13 or older you can watch the movie 

reillythegodzillafan

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-12-2013 9:16 PM

i doint think its going to be rated r just for blood and guts because the 1st movie had blood in it.

GODZILLAMYCUZZIN

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-12-2013 9:21 PM

I think it wont be rated R but it will be a really dark film. I remember the interview where elizabeth olsen said something to the degree of "dont expect a happy ending. one of the more darker films ive been a part of" REJOICE MY FRIENDS OUR KING HAS RETURNED LOL

Rex Fan 684

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-12-2013 10:12 PM

The biggest problem with an R rated movie is that you cut out a lot of your audience. I remember a discussion about Jurassic World a while back asking if it should be more gruesome. I'm all for a balance of violence and blood(not too much, not too little), but there is a line. PG-13 allows you to keep probably 70 percent of your audience at least. Once you reach R rating, you cut out a large chunk of your viewers. That's not something many movie companies want.

"Men like me don't start the wars. We just die in them. We've always died in them, and we always will. We don't expect any praise for it, no parades. No one knows our names." ―Alpha-98

GODZILLAMYCUZZIN

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-12-2013 10:20 PM

@REXFAN YOUR A HUNDRED PERCENT RIGHT ..AND WITH THIS BEING AN ATTEMPT TO REBOOT THE FRANCHISE WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU ELIMINATE A LARGE PORTION OF YOUR AUDIENCE? I SAY A DARK-PG13

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaDec-12-2013 10:28 PM

This movie is pretty much locked to be PG-13 from the get go, guys. I garuntee you it will be PG-13 by the time we see comercials around April/May.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

GODZILLAMYCUZZIN

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-12-2013 10:32 PM

PG13 makes the most sense Its a tent pole film its meant to attract large number of spectators ..even those who are unfamiliar with the franchise

whocares0

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-12-2013 10:59 PM

In my professional opinion, ill be referring to the American rating system(since Canda has 14a and US does not.)

Mr.Edwards main point in making this film is to reinact what went down in the original 54 film. He wants to capture that feeling of terrorand sheer dread that was a horror/monster film. Now to translate that into the modern film indusrty, means that this movie will not be for the light hearted. People are gonna die, cities demolished, feels will be felt. 

On the flip side, there's the strong argument that if he went full R-rating, he kills a good majority of the viewers. This in turn usually kills any chance of sequels(The Monster island idea,and the chance to bring back any other original kaiju).

People want a true godzilla, including me. Not some hokey lizard, or aliens, or robots (@ least not yet.) I'd like an R-rated Godzilla, but i see It most likely being a pg-13 film, for the sake of the franchise.

GODZILLA HIMSELF

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-13-2013 12:27 AM

for me, i dont care as long as the movie isnt ruined with inaapropriate scenes and tons of uneccesary cussing. godzilla should be the focus.

king of the monsters

lilgojira911

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-13-2013 8:02 PM

Im 16 but wouldnt mind it being rated R. Me and my dad are G-fans. He has been a G-fan since godzilla hit the silver screen, hes the one the got me to love the classic movies. Plus i think if it was rated R it would be a interesting change to Godzilla. 

jmac15

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-14-2013 10:57 PM

As cool as a ultra gritty and violent R-rated take on Godzilla would be, Legendary and WB would be shooting themselves in the foot if they wen't that route. A movie with this high a budget and well known character would not even consider an R rating. The audience demograhpic would be cut in half. Even though this will be dark, gritty and realistic, there are still going to be younger viewers who will want to watch this. 

Algerin7713

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-15-2013 2:45 AM

Well I'm old enough to go see it, so it's not a problem for me. It's a bummer that some of the younger people wouldn't be able to see it but that's how it is but it seems most of you have older friends or family to take you to see it anyways.

It is going to be a dark movie, but I feel like it will straddle the line between PG-13 and R. I doubt there will be any saw-like gore or any Game of THrones like sex scenes, so it could get away with a lot really.

Daikaiju Danielle

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-15-2013 11:57 AM

I think it will be PG-13.

For example: the Dark Knight was a very violent film, like when the Joker stabbed a man in the eye with a pencil. The movie could've shown the man on the floor wriggling in pain, but it left that shot to the audiences.

I think the film will have scenes like that; when you know how a person died, but the movie won't show it due to the graphic scenes it will show.

"Daddy's home- cake every night,"

NuclearZilla

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-13-2014 5:25 AM

The director said it'll most likely be PG-13 dispite everything
Which I'm happy for. The target audience will be on a much more massive scale.

[URL=http://s1182.photobucket.com/user/KillZoneBoyz/media/gsig-1.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x442/KillZoneBoyz/gsig-1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Godkilla2000

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-14-2014 3:00 PM

I will just have to sneak in but I feel bad for young fans

DC67

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-14-2014 3:46 PM

It will be PG13 since that rating will yield the highest possible gross-profit. They can make it rated R from a gore-standpoint, but the mind's eye can see enough to know the death and destruction that a 320 meter tall monster can cause.  

Joseph Hostage

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-14-2014 4:07 PM

It'll sure be PG-13, 'cause they want a wider audience to see it in theaters. They'll be toys, action figures, and other merchandise for fans, adult and children. An R rating that the movie gets leads to a BIG problem. Besides, I had a tweet with Patrick Sabongui, an actor who plays as the Master Sergeant. He confirms to me that there's going to be a complete Director's Cut underway soon. It could be released on Home Video after its release in theaters in a PG-13 version. Chris Picard is also happy to hear that. So you guys don't have to worry. :) :) :)

Murph Dog

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-12-2014 2:53 PM

i certainly hope it won't be rated R, this movie has toys for kids, so it will be PG-13, i hope

Destroyah-x

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-12-2014 10:16 PM

Oh yes, the movie's gonna be R-rated and I suppose the kids must be Reeeeeeeeally excited and are looking forward to get their paws dirty on an R-rated Giant Godzilla toy and R-rated Godzilla and MUTO destruction packs now eh? *burp*

" Your kind feared the Darkness. "

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaMar-13-2014 2:43 AM

I'm glad the masses have left behind this silly idea that we would get a gore-filled, R-rated Godzilla. It's pretty clear we're going to get a hard PG-13 for this one, especially with the onslaught of toys coming out for this film.

This movie was never going to be R-rated.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Deadite Kaiju

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-13-2014 2:55 AM

I think PG-13

Gojira 2014

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-13-2014 3:02 AM

This thread is rated B for bull****. I'm only 14 years old if this movie were rated R there would be no way I could see this in theaters...maybe at home since my parents don't care but still thats a long wait!. Its also bull**** because there has never ever been a godzilla film that was rated R. If there were then that wouldn't be very faithfull to the original now would it?

I have become death.......the casher at the donut shop.......

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaMar-13-2014 3:08 AM

No need to get upset, it's pretty much a sure fire thing it will be PG-13.

Gojira 2014

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-13-2014 3:09 AM

You think just because young people are young we can't handle extreme films? When I was 4 I saw alien,aliens,predator, and tons of other rated R films with sex,violence,blood, gore, and bad launguage. But hey you don't see me runing around with a chainsaw giving people haircuts. Dude I have seen 9 year olds be the racist and cuss online on videogames. I learned how sex works when I was 6. Every single kid and teenager can handle sex,violence,blood,gore, and horrible language. Maybe you guys couldn't at your time but young people are growing and evolving and improving better then any osprings before their time. maybe not in behavior and education but in inteligence. To all aldults on this site..I say this....TEENAGERS CAN HANDLE THIS CRAP WEVE DONE IT OUR WHOLE LIVES.

I have become death.......the casher at the donut shop.......
Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
75% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums