Godzilla Movie

re-releases of toho godzilla movies for 2014 promotion

1012 Views16 Replies
Forum Topic

godzillafan1995

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-05-2014 11:50 AM

Do you guys think they may release the toho godzilla movies on dvd/blu-ray before/during/after the release of the movie, or when the movie is on dvd/blu-ray.

16 Replies

mikezilla15

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-05-2014 12:32 PM

i think they should come out when the 2014 godzilla comes to dvd because then there can be a whole box collection counting the 2014 godzilla dvd

King Godzilla24.7

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-05-2014 12:32 PM

I was thinking the samething, I dont see why not, we could see another Toho Ltd. Godzilla series along with the new Legendary film sequel's. Too much money involved not to do it.

The key to Immortality is living a life worth remembering

godzillafan1995

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-05-2014 1:12 PM

if they do i also hope they release them internationally, no offence to you guys in america but only you lot have got godzilla in english in region 1, im from the uk so i have to use region 2, that really pisses me off.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaJan-05-2014 5:28 PM

Chances are we'll see a lot of new releases around the time the film comes to theaters. I can't beleive I'm saying this in a third thread, but there will never be a full 28/29 movie box set. It's not possible.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

godzillafan1995

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-05-2014 6:30 PM

actually this thread came first

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaJan-05-2014 6:38 PM

Fair enough, it's still ridiculous there's three threads on the subject.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

godzillafan1995

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-05-2014 6:43 PM

yeah, it's weird also that 3 posts of the same topic are made on the same day.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaJan-05-2014 6:47 PM

There's a strange feeling amongst the members here that if a topic is only a vague deviation from one that's already been posted they must make a new topic about it. I've lost count of how many redundant topics there are about Godzilla's height in the new movie. Probably close to a hundred by now...

godzillafan1995

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-05-2014 6:56 PM

yeah, i've noticed that to it is either 1: want to ask questions to but in their own posts 2: they didn't notice someone else made a post on the same topic. this topic will probably have 100s by the end of this month.

doggiezilla

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-05-2014 8:01 PM

i agree with mikezilla15, this has to happen.

Kyero

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-05-2014 8:24 PM

@DOGGIEZILLA - I disagree.

This most certinly does NOT have to happen.

From an amateur fan standpoint, it's not a bad idea and I can see why people might think it would be a good one. It'd be fun, for sure, to know that all of our old favorite movies are coming back on DVD and Bluray.

However, from a realistic and practical standpoint, it's a horrible idea.

The cost of remastering and distributing the old Godzilla films in both DVD and Bluray will easily outweigh the income they receive, even as the final date of the 2014 movie comes around. Besides, nearly all of the old Godzilla films exist now on DVD already. Some of them are cheap as dirt, others as expensive as $60+, but they're out there. Why remake them when they already exist? It's completely without logic. Even boxing them together, there's no point. Why bother putting them all on Bluray when hardly anybody's bought the DVD's that already exist in the first place? True the film quality would improve a bit, as proven between the DVD and Bluray Godzilla vs. Biollante discs, but so too do the imperfections in the suits, wires, and other areas that were cleverly hidden within the quality of the old VHS tapes and DVD discs.

Neither Toho nor Legendary would truly gain anything from such a venture, and if anything they'd only end up losing money on the deal. Especially if they do this before the 2014 film.

In fact, the best time (and really the ONLY time) to do this would actually be AFTER the 2014 film has come out. And then only if it does very, very well. If the film is average, this will never work. If it's just good, this will never work. If the film exceeds expectations and is overwhelmingly positively received, then it's a good idea to slowly start reintroducing the classic Toho Godzilla films to a Bluray world. Keyword is "slowly." Trying to throw them all out at once is begging for a disaster.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaJan-21-2014 3:17 PM

Breaking News:

I feel like this thread was the most relevant on the topic and I don't like making duplicates, so I revived it. Here's the news:

A new distribution company called Kraken Releasing is putting Godzilla vs. Hedorah, Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster and Godzilla vs. Gigan on Bluray for the first time ever. (DVD re-releases as well.)

For those of you still hunting down the Sony DVDs of these films, you no longer have to worry about paying $80+ for them. These DVDs/Bluray will be much cheaper and for those of us who want to convert our Godzilla collection to Bluray, this will be our chance to add to Godzilla (1954), Destroy All Monsters and Godzilla vs. Biollante. (Which are the only other Godzilla movies available on bluray in North America.)

The DVDs/Bluray of these movies is rumored to be available May 6th.

Source: SciFi Japan

godzillafan1995

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-21-2014 3:37 PM

that's good news for you guys!

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaJan-21-2014 5:31 PM

Ah, forgot you were in a different region. Well if you ever wish to get a region free Bluray or DVD player, these will be readily available for you.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaJan-27-2014 8:06 PM

The Cover Art for the re-release of Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster, Godzilla vs. Hedorah and Godzilla vs. Gigan has been revealed. Looks like they're trying to emulate Classic Media's covers:

Click Here

Sparkzilla14

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-30-2014 9:30 AM

Glad its those three movies. Seeing that two of the three were personal favorites of mine from the Shows series. My first G movie was G vs Sea Monster (Ebirah) and my second was G vs Gigan. When I was 3 mom bought the double video tape featurette with G vs Sea and G vs Gigan.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
75% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums