Godzilla Movie

A hypothesis on Godzillas origins.

2432 Views11 Replies
Forum Topic

Cryolophosaurus

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-18-2014 11:34 PM

So for this we need to learn a little bit about two important radioactive isotopes, the first is U-236(Uranium-236) and U-238(Uranium-238). Now U-236 and U-238 were created when our solar system expirienced many super nova's around 6 billion years ago, then around 4.6 billion years ago the planets began to form and the crust's of the planets intigrated the Uranium. But the planets wernt the only ones to intigrate Uranium most Metiorites contain U-236 and U-238 altho in small quantities but this will come into play in a minute. Now an important fact about radio isotopes, they all degrade over time and in the process create things called "Daughter" elements, and onother thing U-236 and U-238 are extremely radioactive. And the process of degradeing radio isotopes is called the isotopes "half life", also all liveing things are made from a radio isotope called CH-14(carbon-14) and this radio isotope breaking down is responsibal for ageing and the decomposition process.But U-236 has a half like of 704 million years and U-238 has a half life of 4.5 billion years.

So onto the hypothesis here it goes, around 65.5 million years ago a meteor crashed into planet earth wipeing out almost all life, ALMOST all life and the ash and the dust sent into the atmosphere blocks all sunlight and the planet is sent into twilight and it gets really cold and the animals that are left are starving and freezeing to death. Now lets say that this meteor had a big U-236 and U-238 core that was 10's if not hundred's of pounds, now a starveing T.rex stumbles upon this core and dyes for any number of reasons and lands next to or on top of this uranium core. Now the T.rex freezes solid as well as the Uranium and they both get buryed, now lets say the carcass begins to absorb the Uranium core and the inside off the dead T.rex begins to change and instead of CH-14(which is a common radio isotope found in all living things)Godzilla's old body begins converting its chemical nature into U-236 and U-238. Now lets say this begins to have adverse affect's on Godzilla and the mutation's begin, and over 100'ds of thousands of years Godzilla is pushed through the earth into a magma bubble where Godzilla lays dorment and the magma bubble breaks down uranium deposis in the earth's crust which become absorbed into godzilla who is till under going mutation. Now we skip ahead a Long time and Godzilla is done mutateing and now fits snug inside the magma chamber, and there he sits hibernateing for millions of years during that time the shifting of the earths crust pushes Godzilla's chamber closer to the surface of the crust then we get to present day, or a few years ago when the fukashima incident accured, the eathquake that rocked japan caused a fissure that led right through Godzilla's chamber and the radiation from the nuclear power plant gets absorbed by Godzilla kick starting the nuclear reactor that is now his internal organs and the king awakens. And him being made out of U-236 and U-238 would make his life span so long that he would seem immortal to all life.

So what do you guys think, plausable, impossible, say below.

" It is better to be reviled than ignored, agleast then you know your spreading good in this world." 

11 Replies

Puff, The Magic Dragon

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-19-2014 2:06 AM

Unfortunately, you missed out the fact that gamma rays emit so much energy into cells, that they die. The corpse of the prehistoric beast would have been totally peeled and stripped of flesh, considering the cells would die and fall of the bones - Not to mention extremophile organisms which would convert it's biomass into simpler things *rot, decay, decompose, if you will*, whilst surviving the radiation from the meteorite *it's an extremophile, that's what they do*. Furthermore, desperate animals looking for food such as scavengers would soon find the corpse and devour its remains... I really don't find your theory plausable, but I'm glad that you're generating ideas for the community. Thanks.

junkerde

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-19-2014 2:18 AM

yes, i know some of those words

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusFeb-19-2014 7:02 AM

I've found myself coming up with something similar, but on a smaller scale with natural radiation pools formed on occasion, sort of like those acid pools you see around the world, but with radioactive materials instead, which will prevent decomposition of anything that happens to be in there, but still kills it, thus no pesky bacteria or melting of the flesh. Cells remain rpeserved for "natural experimentation". Such a process would take longer, but in the end, we'd still have our "Frankenstein's monster" made and patented by mother nature.

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusFeb-19-2014 8:15 AM

A very good scientific hypothesis, but it is flawed. Just as Puff, The Magic Dragon posted above, the radiation would have stripped the carcass down to nothing. Before the animal could be mutated, it must be alive. Then, by a miracle of nature, would the animal mutate into a superbeast. Only the orignal creators of Godzilla know his true origin.

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

Logan's Displayname

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-19-2014 11:19 AM
I'm almost 100% sure that Godzilla won't be a mutated dinosaur. That really doesn't fit in with the themes that the cast keeps talking about. Man versus Nature being one of the key themes, I think it's more reasonable to say that they're going to have Godzilla be something that sleeps at the bottom of the Mariana Trench, located in the western part of the Pacific Ocean. And that this Godzilla will sort of be a defender of Earth, but shows no real allegiance to humans, and in fact.. might even show an antagonistic relationship between the two. Sort of like the Guardian monsters from GMK, but without the being semi friendly with humans................................................................................................................. Also, the deep sea trench theory could explain Godzilla's "immunity" from missiles and most conventional weapons, and Godzilla's pupils. Not to mention that the Mariana trench is also a supposed nuclear waste disposal site...................................................................................................... I mean, after enough research about the Mariana trench, it seems like one of the most obvious places for Godzilla to come from. High pressure levels increase durability and armor (making his hide really tough), it's really dark (explains the pupils), it's probably a nuclear dump site (likens Godzilla being a symbol of nuclear irresponsibility), and it's in the Pacific Ocean (Japan, Hawaii, San Fran... etc).

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonFeb-19-2014 11:23 AM

Very intersting, but personally I am still hoping that Godzilla remains OUR creation in this film.  Thats how it has pretty much always been, and I see no reason to change it.  The original Godzilla was designed with the point of view that it had been mutated by the bomb, and exists because of us.  If Godzilla were to simply be awakened as Godzilla already, it takes the blame for the monster's creation off of our shoulders, and a key point of the character's power is lost.  It could be done and still be an incredible Godzilla film, but I feel the fact that we CREATED Godzilla, not simply woke him up, is an important part of the character's history and appeal.  Plus, as fantastic as mutating an animal into a monster might be in ANY cercumstances, doing it in the atomic age is more plossible and appropriate.  Having a dinosaur somehow atomically mutated millions of years ago is kind of a stretch, and, even in the realm of science fiction, far less plausible.

But if that's the direction they go, than I have a feeling that the explanation (if one is provided in the film) will be close to your hypothesis. :)

"Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science Fiction is the improbable made possible." -Rod Serling

The Godzilla Novelization Project: Follow Along Today!

godzillafan1995

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-19-2014 11:28 AM

according to the synopsis of the prequel comic Godzilla: The awakening, he is a ancient creature awakened by the nuclear testing in the pacific, just like the original and obvious the radiation of the bombs affects him to give him the a-breath

Cryolophosaurus

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-19-2014 11:52 AM

Yeah I knew that there were holes in this the size of Godzilla but its food for thought, you know, and this is more interesting then half the stuff being posted lately. And this is just a fun little thing I threw together, it's not like I expect this to be any Godzilla's origin story.

" It is better to be reviled than ignored, agleast then you know your spreading good in this world." 

godzillafan1995

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-19-2014 11:55 AM

really godzilla's origin should be mostly mystery, that way they can get away if the fact that giant monsters can exist and it won't be shoved down your throat like pacific rim's portal explaination.

Akagi

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-19-2014 12:07 PM

Has anyone even WATCHED the original film? They never say that Godzilla is mutated-- they only say hes been awakened by nuclear testing. That is it-- his entire design is meant to look 'scarred' by the radiation, not mutated. Old lobby cards from the original film show that Godzilla was one of MANY Godzillas-- the others being killed by the radiation that scarred him and angered him. There were unused scenes from the original film to show that Godzilla was coming ashore because all of his food (fish) were killed off by the radiation.

I swear, half the fans that vomit up the whole "nuclear holocaust" metaphor haven't even sat through the original film in its original Japanese cut. 

Godzilla was not something 'we created', but something we pissed off.

He didn't really become a mutation until the Heisei films. 

He is 350ft Tall people, those things on his neck ARE gills, and the Brazil photo is part of the final advertising design-- Deal with it.

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonFeb-19-2014 1:03 PM

Akagi... thanks for the insult.  I'll have you know the original Gojira is my all time favorite film.  I own three different versions of the original Japanese cut, and have seen it more than any other Godzilla film.  Don't accuse me of "vomiting" up things I don't understand.  I don't wish to start an argument; I come to this site to share my love of Godzilla with other fans, not to fight.  But I will say this... the original film states explicitly that the hydrogen bomb affected Godzilla in some way.  Whether that is creating the monster from a different animal or gifting an existing giant with a scarred appearence and atomic breath, Godzilla is the way he is at least partially due to human technology.  I tend to view the original film retroactively from the point of view of the whole "Godzillasaurus" element introduced in the Heisei series, and I feel the original film is vague enough in Godzilla's origins that the I can get away with that.  Its a personal view, but it works within the context of most films in the series.  I might be alone on that, but I'm a Godzilla fan... if there is one thing I am used to, its being alone.

Now lets move on.

"Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science Fiction is the improbable made possible." -Rod Serling

The Godzilla Novelization Project: Follow Along Today!

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
75% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums