Godzilla Movie

Supposed Music from the Film

2214 Views46 Replies
Forum Topic

GhostKaiju

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 2:01 PM

This may or may not be the opening track from the film. I like it. 

https://soundcloud.com/g_force44/godzilla1

46 Replies

Evan123

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 2:05 PM

That was EPIC!!!!....thank you....I love you right now!

How far can we push nature before it pushes back?

gtbetta35

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 2:09 PM

Holy crap! This is beautiful! WTF!

KaiJuuFin

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 2:09 PM

It's legit and it sounds like an old monster movie. Great!

Evan123

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 2:11 PM

It is just perfect...do you think that guy is gonna upload more of the soundtrack??!....plz, plz do whoever you are!

GhostKaiju

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 2:13 PM

It's apparently one of the free tracks you can get by buying a ticket for the film from Fandango.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaApr-17-2014 2:16 PM

Holy God almighty... If this is legit I approve. It sounds great.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

junkerde

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 2:27 PM

Good score, but meh I don't think it fits Godzilla or the dark tone they are going for. I guess something more memorable is what I would've wanted but this will do the job.

Duratok

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 2:38 PM

Near the end, 1:44-ish there's an incredibly strange sounding instrument that I don't care for at all.

ACraig1979

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 2:51 PM

Yeah I didn't care for that instrument...I'd considered it may be the "MUTO" theme? Maybe?

Evan123

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 2:56 PM

Guys!, it's only one track, I mean you are hardly going to like them all. I'm just sayin give it a chance. 

The Weaver

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 2:57 PM

This is a great soundtrack, it might sound a little off somewhere, but overall this thing gives a 50s feel, which really tributes to those old movies and most importantly the Showa era.

ACraig1979

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 2:58 PM

D

Not get me wrong I love the track! Was just commenting on that one instrument :-)

GaryZilla

Not fitting a "dark mood" really. Sounds more like a murder/mystery movie soundtrack where the spy is being chased down a dark narrow side street in London, dodging the cops, ducking into the shadows,...etc. etc..  One of the earliest leaked ComicCon clips "I have become death" had some nice haunting music. But this just doesnt do it for me.

Bykowsky

Agreed. Amazing score. But as JUNKERDE said - it's not fits dark tone of the film. But - it's only one track, and as we know - it will be in the beginning of the movie. May be it's for some beginning credits sequence, or endning credits.

free5

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 3:16 PM

This is some really good music here.  Some of the best I've heard from Desplat.  It may not be quite as memorable and powerful as classic Ifukube, but it still fits well with the stated feel of this movie

@Bykowsky

We don't know for sure that it is from the beginning.  Ghostkaiju is only speculating that it might be the opening track.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonApr-17-2014 3:17 PM

man i am hoping and praying that this is what we will hear with this movie. :)

very compelling if you ask me. :)

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

pwerlvlamy

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 3:22 PM

Put it in video form. Gave credit to OP in this thread and to the soundcloud user in the description

download link in the video description too

King_of_Zombies

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 3:35 PM

Im not sure if is legit or fake, but it sound AWESOME!!

TarrellZilla

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 3:36 PM

If this is indeed the opening track then it most likely means it plays during the 1960s footage, and with that in mind I think it's EPIC. I can already picture a montage of the army trying to kill Godzilla to this music. It has the classic monster movie feel, I love it.

Moses

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 3:45 PM

This was given from Fandago as a reward for pre-ordering Godzilla.

It'll sound epic on the big screen.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

MilqueChocolate

MemberBaragonApr-17-2014 3:52 PM

As a music lover, I absolutely approve of this. The music grabbed my attention in the first 10 seconds. I truly adore this type of music piece. Well done Alexandre Desplat, well done indeed.

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusApr-17-2014 4:05 PM

That...Was...Awesome!

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

joaomlo2

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 4:26 PM

First, the website music, now this track. I am somehow disappointed by the soundtrack. Here is what I dislike:

-Where is the epicness?

Being this Godzilla's main theme, I would expect something more strong, maybe even some kind of thumping. (Just listen to the beggining of "Obliviate" from Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows PT.1, its from the same composer, and it would suit this movie so well)

-It feels anticlimatic.

Since the first trailer (the leaked one) came out, it has been given the idea of a dark  and emotional movie that would go beyond the typical PG-13 Action-Adventure blockbuster. This soundtrack, so far, appears to have a mood too light for what I expect from this movie.

So, that was what I disliked about this. I must remind you that I have only seen GINO therefore, I cannot speak as a "true die-hard G-fan", but I hope you take my opinion in consideration at least as someone who is more than an average moviegoer and that has high hopes about this movie, so, please comment if you either agree with me, or if you think that this soundtrack is what you want/expect to be on a Godzilla movie.

Linkman89

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 4:34 PM

As a former brass instrument player all I can say is holy crap some of those runs sound challenging to play

Murph Dog

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 4:42 PM

holy moly that's good music

Madison

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 5:06 PM

The instrumentation does not seem to match how Desplate described it would be, nor does it match the instrumentation of the music on the Godzilla website. 

It seems to be in a different key, and it was more 'traditional' sounding with the brass/violen parts. It definitely was not as percussive or synthesized as I how it has previously been portrayed. 

I'm not saying it's bad or that its fake. I'm just saying I'm a little skeptical because the two music samples we have heard do not fit. It's as if two completely different composers/orchestras/sound editors worked on each piece. Which sure, some movies have really disjointed music like that. But that's more the exception than the rule. 

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaApr-17-2014 5:34 PM

To those who are claiming that it doesn't fit the mood of the movie: How do you know? Have you seen it?

A score is written to be a companion to the visuals and strengthen scenes. We don't know what is going to be going on while this music plays and I doubt Desplat, of all composers, is going to compose something that doesn't fit.

Even the original 1954 Godzilla didn't have "dark" "grim" music all the way through. Just chill and enjoy the music we have. It fits the genre and I can see it working with a lot of other Godzilla movies as well-- which means this is being treated like a Godzilla movie. How is that a bad thing?

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

gfan182

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 5:37 PM

So far, I like the music that is going with this movie. We only heard a small piece of what's to come and I'm very excited to hear the rest of the music.

The two pieces that we heard are very different, I agree. The website music sounds like it fits on a dvd menu and this one sounds like it would be a pretty good intro song.

junkerde

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 5:49 PM

@Gman2887

i don't think youve had to have seen it to understand that the director said MULTIPLE times in multiple interviews, and with multiple teasers and footage, that it was going for dark and serious. It's been bludgeoned into our heads, this will go back to the roots of the dark and serious tones Godzilla 1954 was in.

You don't even need to see the movie to know this basic premise. And have you taken a listen to the 1954 track recently? It WAS dark throughout because it wasn't as "energetic" or "high energy" as this one track. Listen to all the tracks and tell me it's not dark throughout, because it absolutely is (with the exception of the military march):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXWdhv7CgHI

It was more subtle and that's what made it that way. Look, I've rethought it and MAYBE this specific track is just for the 1954 scene, which would probably fit better. Just like how only 1 track from the soundtrack of 1954 was a bit lighter (the military march) because it was for a certain scene.

Again, maybe this track from fandango is for that scene, but if it's not then meh whatever, I wouldn't be a fan but I can live with it. And is there something wrong with NOT liking it? Last time I checked I wasn't bashing anyone for LIKING this track.

G-Fan2000

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 6:08 PM

For me, it is amazing. I don't know why but nearly in the beggining, it sounds like the Jurassic Park theme song. Just my opinion.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
75% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums