Godzilla Movie

Is Godzilla shrinking in the movie? A Theory of mine.

4191 Views23 Replies
Forum Topic

Kage432

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-20-2014 10:59 AM

So I noticed this a couple of trailers and tv spots back but now with the release of the "Nature has an order" tv spot and the wonder con leak I think I can put this out now without feeling too hasty on the subject. In the "It can't be stopped" tv spot and the wc footage for those of you lucky enough to have seen it before the internet police decided to reveal themselves to the our very own Spacegodzilla2 and forced him to purge the video from this website, you'll notice that Godzilla's spines are indeed rather large when compared to their appearance at the end of the "Nature" tv spot. The only other time we get to see his spine's that large was in the official main trailer when he was rising from the water and we decided to throw a nuke at the back of his face. If anyone can grab clips from those instances and post them here you are welcome to. Heck, maybe this has been argued before or maybe I'm looking at nothing. Maybe its just a mere design error that Legendary overlooked. What are you're thoughts on this? If Godzilla's spines are indeed shrinking is it a product of the Muto's doing or is something else at work here? If I'm wrong, well, it's all good talk either way. And as always, let's all keep this discussion civil :]

#NEWBLOOKEDATMYSHIKAI http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/077/0/9/Aizen_Motivational_by_draconichero18.jpg
23 Replies

ratedrex

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-20-2014 11:56 AM

Maybe there are two Godzillas.  Because the foot in the teaser trailer looks different than the foot at the airport.  Or maybe Godzilla gets bigger after he is nuked by the military.  Or maybe the parachuting soldiers inject something into Godzilla that restricts his nuclear consumption, causing him to shrink.  However a shrinking Godzilla will do two things that wouldn't be good for box office: (1) It will piss off Godzilla fans (you can't treat Godzilla as if he is the Wicked Witch of the West). (2) Shrinking doesn't make sense.  If they are treating Godzilla seriously, you can't have an implausibe solution. We need to see a spectacular finish (like Speilbergs "Jaws"), we can't limp to the finish line.

Moses

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-20-2014 12:26 PM

Oh boy.

Why would Godzilla shrink? It makes absolutely no sense for him to shrink just becaus he's running out of radiation.

The 2 Godzilla's theory was put down long ago by the soundtrack. If anything, we would've seen vague references to it in the soundtrack.

It is said in the leaked script that Godzilla loses some of his spines to the MUTOs. But the reasons why his spines look smaller is all perspective.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

luislock

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-20-2014 1:03 PM

Oh man. I think you're overthinking this WAY too much. We are only seeing short glimpses of Godzilla out of context. That's why they look different in the shots but he is not shrinking.When they look small, your seeing them at an angle. When they look huge, you're seeing them in a close up when Godzilla is roaring And Bending Over.

Sicoepath

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-20-2014 1:05 PM

I really hope it's just the angles... I really do... really really do...

Something Real

MemberGodzillaApr-20-2014 1:16 PM
KAGE432 - You've brought an incredibly compelling bit of conjecture to us with this post. Most fascinating! That being said, I believe what you've detected (based on my observations) might simply be angle of perspective and shadowing. I've a strong feeling that Godzilla is likely going to stay one size throughout the film. Of course, you might be completely right; there's no way anyone can be certain of anything until we've seen the film! Thus your thoughts and speculation are just as valid as anyone else's. :)

Dragonlord Tevin

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-20-2014 2:22 PM

I just believe its the camera angles and all, and if it's not then its the failed cgi haha but i dont believe that 

thepike

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-20-2014 2:59 PM

Maybe his spines are smaller when he spends time in cold water.......

junkerde

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-20-2014 3:03 PM

nope. it's camera perspective, lens size etc. google the whole concept of camera lenses and angles, and you'll see they can make things in the back look smaller etc. it is a basic concept of cinematography.

MagggleShackle

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-20-2014 3:47 PM

JUNKERDE right it's just the camera angles, took me a while to realize it but once I did it all made sence besides the idea of a shrinking godzilla is really out of left field.

ゴジラ 2014 Rules

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-20-2014 3:56 PM

If you look on the smash strike figure box and the tail strike box you can tell the diffrence that the smash strike is the damage Godzilla.

Skreooonk1789

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-20-2014 4:03 PM

Nope,camera perspective

Kage432

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-20-2014 6:06 PM

Thank you all for ypour thoughts but honestly? Angles, god, um...no. We already got shots of him from multiple angles and guess what? Smaller spines all around so I guess that just leaves the cgi being completely off or like one of you already suggested, he loses a little off the top to one of the Muto. I mean, I'm an artist and I know all about angles and perspectives, so no, that isn't it sorry. But hey, I think its funny that we're all okay with giant radioactive monsters running through cities but for some reason we all draw the line at said monsters decreasing in mass when their radiation levels decrease. Um, what? Okay guys, okay...

#NEWBLOOKEDATMYSHIKAI http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/077/0/9/Aizen_Motivational_by_draconichero18.jpg

junkerde

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-20-2014 8:03 PM

> let's all keep this discussion civil

lol don't make me laugh! you reply with a very egotistical high horse comment, because THAT really showed how civil you were (sarcasm). You wanted our thoughts? more like you wanted everyone to agree with you, but seeing as how everyone disagreed you got upset didn't you? Yeah, nothing "civil" about your response at all, I'm not even sure you know what that means LOL! Um, what? Okay kage342, okay... 

Chris

AdminSpaceGodzillaApr-20-2014 8:23 PM

Cool it Junkerde. You're treading the fine line of instigation. Attack the topic, not the individual.

Hyped for: Alien: Romulus | Badlands (Predator 6) | Cloverfield 4

Something Real

MemberGodzillaApr-20-2014 8:25 PM
KAGE432 - Easy, friend! We're simply supplying you with our thoughts on the matter you've brought to us. Neither you, nor I, nor anyone else can say with 100% confidence what the anomaly of size-ratio that's been detected is. However, we can all formulate theories based on information that's been supplied. Please, I implore you, respect our thoughts and we'll return that respect.

luislock

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-20-2014 8:52 PM

Something Real has a point, we can't be 100% sure. But honestly I think Shrinking Godzilla is a bit too...heisei series. With the direction this film is going, I don't think he would go that far since he's trying to keep the movie realistic. Like Kage432 said, The world is already accepting Godzilla in the world through a lot of effort. A shrinking Godzilla is just pushing it. I think the reasons for the spikes is simply just because of the angles we have seen Godzilla in since we are seeing them out of context for 3 seconds. That, or editing.

Kage432

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-20-2014 9:18 PM

I guess finding something  funny is a crime on this site. I didn't  know that responding with firm and honest conviction with a hint of personal humor was the equivalent of uncivil behavior. Or maybe you should pipe down a bit and refrain from attacking people  after  failing to interpret  their responses JUNKERDE. I do apologize if I came off as rude, that was not the intent behind my response. I don't take it back either. I was really amused with the "Godzilla shrinking is crazy" train of thought. That's  my opinion and like I said before, I AGREE with you all on the point that it might just be a cgi error in some instances.  

Kage432

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-20-2014 9:29 PM

And I really don't think its angles. After all I've seen I find that a bit silly, and I mean no offense by that lol. But hell, if it is then more power to you guys for sticking with your points. But If the Muto are leeching Roidzilla, I think its entirely realistic in the universe that Gareth has established for his spines to show the physical effects of such a drain. And I do respect you guys, honestly, your my G family, even the trigger happy ones like Junkerde. So I apologize again. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I'll pay attention so that I choose my words more carefully.      

Something Real

MemberGodzillaApr-20-2014 9:30 PM
KAGE432 - Thank you for your clarification. :) It takes a lot to come forward like that. If we've misread the emotion behind your post, this girl would like to apologize; I'd no intention of admonishing you without justiable reason. :)

Kage432

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-20-2014 9:44 PM

@SOMETHING REAL - No worries. This actually happens to me quiet often topside. Some people understand me but I should spend my time understanding you guys. I just get too excited at times for lack of a better word     

Something Real

MemberGodzillaApr-20-2014 9:48 PM
KAGE432 - It takes courage to admit our faults. Never lose that willingness to put yourself out there and you'll go very far. We all gain quite a bit of wisdom from attempting to understand ourselves in relation to others - and vice-versa. :)

junkerde

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-20-2014 9:54 PM

@kage342

that's right. even SomethingReal interpreted your response the same as me. Yes I failed to interpret the response because obviously it's SO easy to tell someone's motivation behind just text on a screen alone. 

Kage432

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-20-2014 10:09 PM

@JUNKERDE - Fair enough, however the difference between the two of you is that she did not attempt to counter my "uncivil" response with another uncivil response. In doing that you've successfully accomplished  nothing. Honestly, I understand what happened here. You truly have my apologies. On a side note, if I dropped more lolz in that first response of mine we probably wouldn't be having this discussion right now :)          

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
75% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums